Season Ticket Refunds

JG400

Things may speed up if a rescue package is agreed with the PL around £250m has been quoted. Not that much when shared between 24 teams. I wonder it it will be a straight divide by 24 teams or will it be based upon loss of income? If the latter we may get a bit more than £10m based upon loss of ticket sales. Maybe clubs with parachute payments may not get as much either. There may be light at the end of the tunnel or it could all go on Rooneys wages because he’s really struggling.

My take on the situation, poor show by the club, not sure what has happened elsewhere but 8 months is asking for a lot of patience especially after informing fans that it should be sorted in September. What is most likely happening is the sale of the club has not helped. Discussions around final sale price must be affected as there is x millions owed back for ST plus y milions to get rid of PC and staff. Who coughs up for that then and how much of it probably explains a lot of the delays in the refunds, and the sale I guess.

I'm no business owner, but I would have thought the last thing a new/incoming owner wants to be doing is trying to placate a plethora of "irate customers", alongside the perils of giving time, effort, and money to the cause of refunds.

Maybe they are insisting that the current regime sort this all out, before putting pen to paper?  Maybe that was the deal/agreement/assumption when initial talks began?
Personally, I wouldn't blame them.  This is Mel's mess, regardless of the why's and wherefores.

47 minutes ago, angieram said:

I am quite prepared to wait for my refund even though my Christmas tree may look a little sparse this year as a consequence. 

After all, I am comforted that I will still be able to look at the sumptuous trees of the footballers families through the miracles of social media.

?

Ooh I hope so. ?

Who do you think will have the cheesiest display? There's bound to be some 'themes' going on too. Will anyone have a black & white tree? We go eclectic here, lots of bits collected over the years. I know this is the wrong thread, maybe I'll start another for xmas decs! 

46 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm no business owner, but I would have thought the last thing a new/incoming owner wants to be doing is trying to placate a plethora of "irate customers", alongside the perils of giving time, effort, and money to the cause of refunds.

Maybe they are insisting that the current regime sort this all out, before putting pen to paper?  Maybe that was the deal/agreement/assumption when initial talks began?
Personally, I wouldn't blame them.  This is Mel's mess, regardless of the why's and wherefores.

I know he can do no wrong to many of his disciples on here, but this whole fiasco is down to Mel Morris, nobody else.

He should have sorted this months ago.  The money owed is a lot to some people in these difficult times

Shame on you Mel!

Edited by oldtimeram

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ooh I hope so. ?

Who do you think will have the cheesiest display? There's bound to be some 'themes' going on too. Will anyone have a black & white tree? We go eclectic here, lots of bits collected over the years. I know this is the wrong thread, maybe I'll start another for xmas decs! 

Haha! Good idea. The one in my photo is the Forsyth's tree. Up already. Some of these footballers wives have too much money and too much time! #jealousnotjealous ?

6 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

To be fair, if it’s the club’s funds and they have to pay for refunds one way or another, I’d rather be the one who comes in and immediately refunds the fans.

11 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

What a disgusting post. You should be ashamed of yourself. How do you know what money means to someone you've never met before? How do you know what responsibilities they shoulder either? Furthermore, Boris isn't paying anybody's wages, it'll be the taxpayer footing the bill. Likewise your suggestion that millions are now unemployed - the actual unemployment figure has risen by under 400,000 since 2019. Your hysterical, screeching hyperbole is risible. Everybody, bar the very fortunate few, is suffering to a degree, including B4, so was your post really necessary? Did it make ou feel better or was its sole purpose to make B4 feel worse?

Folk are clearly entitled to refunds but there are any amount of mitigating circumstances around the delay. It's only a few weeks back that your precious Boris was planning to allow fans back into stadiums yet we now find ourselves under full lockdown again. Should clubs be issuing multiple refunds every time Boris decides to shut up shop. Do you really think it's as simple as Mel coughing up 2-3 million to keep the peace? Do you really suppose that Derby are the exception not the rule in this regard? Have the other 23 clubs' owners done what Morris has not?

Do you really not grasp that until the EFL make a commitment to the relaxation of FFP regulations that clubs taking in a fraction of their earnings in a typical year might fear the consequences of such discretionary payments? Do you understand the GDPR implications involved and the labour costs of addressing them? We're not ducking Wonga and we don't have Grant Thornton LLC to process these transactions, nor the money to pay their fees. A ducking fleet of big 3 accountancy administrators  took the thick end of 2 years to confirm bank details and issue refunds in case you're interested. How long do you suppose it would take 6 bods in the Derby ticket office? 

Instead of telling other posters to 'grow up and shut up', you might wish to grasp that the cause of the delays, apart from the huge endeavour of processing 15 to 20 thousand refunds, might sit with the primarily with the EFL and not DCFC, that is unless you're expecting Morris to process the refunds from his personal account. Had the EFL had the sense to waive FFP months back, then those clubs who could afford to do so, would no doubt have settled their debts already. You'll get your money back so perhaps in the meantime you can resist the urge to demean a poster who, setting aside learning difficulties, autism and the enhanced issues a lockdown brings, has perhaps clumsily expressed an opinion that he prioritises getting back into stadiums over a £100.00 refund. Whilst I concede that a lot of folk are struggling and that B4 has got this wrong, that does not entitle you to go after him the way you have. 

Thanks buddy

I did say I was sorry

But I just feel no good having a go at the club as goverment are the ones who cause the whole mess we are in now.

31 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Morris should pay out now to all who are waiting on a refund.  It's not acceptable 

Have ever thought perhaps he goverment permission to do this. And plus ticket office is still close so they cant really do it until ticket office reopens up.

23 hours ago, 1967RAMS said:

Money means nothing to you. You live with your mum and dad with no responsibilities and Boris paying your wages. Not sure if you have noticed but millions of people are out of work but still have bills and depts piling up. If they want to moan about a multi millionaire owner not giving them the money back they are owed then they are in their rights to do so. You need to grow up and shut up. 

Probably the cruellest, nastiest stream of vitriol I have read on this site.

The phrase 'pick on someone your own size' springs to mind!

Edited by Brummie Steve

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

To be fair, if it’s the club’s funds and they have to pay for refunds one way or another, I’d rather be the one who comes in and immediately refunds the fans.

Define "immediately".

If they were to achieve that within the first week, maybe two, my guess is they would be hailed as heroes.  But can you really see that as being a realistic outcome?  For whatever reasons, over the past 8 months, the current ownership/staff have failed to not only arrange the refunds, but also to keep the fans updated.
Hey... I've absolutely no idea what's happening... It could prove to be as much... if not more... the banks holding things up rather than the club itself?  Although I'd assume the club would have been a lot more communicative, had that been the case!

The new owners would need to be extremely rooster-sure of themselves to come in and sort it "immediately".  It's already extremely messy, and at least some of the peasants are already revolting!  Why would the new owners put themselves in a position to be shot down in flames before they've even had chance to sort out their new tea rota, or picked the swishest office chairs?  

For clarity, it's the process I'm referring to, not the cost.  No doubt the selling price would be reflected by whoever pays the refunds?

Eight months is clearly not acceptable, certainly without more communication.  The only statement I'm aware of appears to have been 100% incorrect/downright lies.

And on top of all that, not only are folk still waiting for refunds, some are still having monthly DDs taken out.  That's downright robbery in my book! 

I'm just glad it doesn't affect me.  I'm owed nothing more than the credit, which is building up as each 20/21 home game passes by unattended.  I'm more than happy for that credit to be transferred to 21/22, so I'm alright Jack, as they say.  Doesn't stop me being disappointed in DCFC on this occasion though, I'm sad to say.

2 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Heard someone on the radio this morning moaning that they hadn’t received a refund for last seasons tickets. 
The club said they hoped to refund everyone  by early December. Hmmm ? I must be right at the back because I haven’t heard anything yet. Then there is this season too.

Heard on Radio Derby news  this morning , that they refunding 2019/2020 First and then 2020/2021 , I havent heard anything either and I am expecting 2 tickets to be refunded from last year