Season Ticket Refunds

JG400

57 minutes ago, dajstrawb said:

If we’re being right they shouldn’t have bought any players for transfer fee’s this summer until us fans had been refunded the money we’re owed. I would HATE for that to happen, but it wouldn’t be accepted in other walks of life, would it? It’s like your mate owing you £200, not paying you back, then going out and buying a Ferrari 

"... a car".  "...then going out and buying a car".

That would have been far more accurate, in this particular analogy.

There are absolutely no Ferraris to be seen here!

1 hour ago, jono said:

Clubs need to make money but you are right .. £ 10 for a game that costs £ 20 in person. Poor do as far as I am concerned 

Its a shot leaning against the bar in a pub, versus a bottle to take home and drink by the fireside with close friends. 

an average film costs a fiver so why shouldn’t a match ? 

I mean they’re not £20 a game really. The vast majority are almost £40!

Unfortunately the club has been left in a situation where on one hand, you have people moaning that we haven’t signed player x, player y or player z and that there’s no ambition, and on the other hand people are not receiving refunds of money they are owed. 

This is a difficult situation to manage in a world where the people moaning about not signing players are probably an awful lot louder than those who quite rightly want access to monies they are entitled to. 

I am not owed anything, aside from credit to next years season ticket, but would much rather have seen us sign no one and refund everything they possibly could within the confines of the clubs cash flow. But something tells me that wouldn’t wash with a good portion of the clubs support.

Hopefully this is resolved as part of the takeover. The liabilities of the club will be reflected in the sale so ????

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Unfortunately the club has been left in a situation where on one hand, you have people moaning that we haven’t signed player x, player y or player z and that there’s no ambition, and on the other hand people are not receiving refunds of money they are owed. 

This is a difficult situation to manage in a world where the people moaning about not signing players are probably an awful lot louder than those who quite rightly want access to monies they are entitled to. 

I am not owed anything, aside from credit to next years season ticket, but would much rather have seen us sign no one and refund everything they possibly could within the confines of the clubs cash flow. But something tells me that wouldn’t wash with a good portion of the clubs support.

Hopefully this is resolved as part of the takeover. The liabilities of the club will be reflected in the sale so ????

And that’s the sad thing, some will be mocked for thinking that way..... but for me, the time it’s taken and to put out refunds will be sorted (IIRC by September) and not do so is not a very good look. Everyone has differing circumstances, but this is just another thing I think shows there’s a disconnect from a proportion of the fan base to the club 

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

And that’s the sad thing, some will be mocked for thinking that way..... but for me, the time it’s taken and to put out refunds will be sorted (IIRC by September) and not do so is not a very good look. Everyone has differing circumstances, but this is just another thing I think shows there’s a disconnect from a proportion of the fan base to the club 

I agree, better communication would’ve been great. Want to make it clear that this isn’t meant as a criticism of those who are requesting refunds (obviously they are perfectly entitled to do so), but if the club came out and said we simply don’t have the cash to process refunds, I suspect they would be hammered by certain portions of the fan base. We are in unprecedented times and no business could’ve foreseen the impact. 

Like I said, I would rather this be sorted out before any recruitment of players occurred but I just don’t think that would’ve washed, unfortunately. 

I'm still waiting for a refund for my Millwall tickets. I emailed the club last week about it and this was the reply I got.

"Appropriate refunds selected via the club’s Refund & Exchange Policy began being processed for 2019/20 Season Hospitality Members, Full & Half Season Ticket Holders, Hospitality & Match Ticket Holders, Home & Away Members and Car Park Permit Holders prevented from attending either home and/or away matches played behind-closed-doors. As you had Away Tickets, your refund will be processed automatically and you did not need to choose any option on the Refund & Exchange Form for these.

However, with a significant number of cases requiring ticket office staff to contact supporters personally to ensure an appropriate method of refunding, we do ask for patience during the process. 

Kind regards,

Jack"

Well  I think waiting 8 months is being very patient. I dont understand why it is taking them so long to sort out. I need the money as much as they do.

10 hours ago, 1967RAMS said:

Money means nothing to you. You live with your mum and dad with no responsibilities and Boris paying your wages. Not sure if you have noticed but millions of people are out of work but still have bills and depts piling up. If they want to moan about a multi millionaire owner not giving them the money back they are owed then they are in their rights to do so. You need to grow up and shut up. 

What a disgusting post. You should be ashamed of yourself. How do you know what money means to someone you've never met before? How do you know what responsibilities they shoulder either? Furthermore, Boris isn't paying anybody's wages, it'll be the taxpayer footing the bill. Likewise your suggestion that millions are now unemployed - the actual unemployment figure has risen by under 400,000 since 2019. Your hysterical, screeching hyperbole is risible. Everybody, bar the very fortunate few, is suffering to a degree, including B4, so was your post really necessary? Did it make ou feel better or was its sole purpose to make B4 feel worse?

Folk are clearly entitled to refunds but there are any amount of mitigating circumstances around the delay. It's only a few weeks back that your precious Boris was planning to allow fans back into stadiums yet we now find ourselves under full lockdown again. Should clubs be issuing multiple refunds every time Boris decides to shut up shop. Do you really think it's as simple as Mel coughing up 2-3 million to keep the peace? Do you really suppose that Derby are the exception not the rule in this regard? Have the other 23 clubs' owners done what Morris has not?

Do you really not grasp that until the EFL make a commitment to the relaxation of FFP regulations that clubs taking in a fraction of their earnings in a typical year might fear the consequences of such discretionary payments? Do you understand the GDPR implications involved and the labour costs of addressing them? We're not ducking Wonga and we don't have Grant Thornton LLC to process these transactions, nor the money to pay their fees. A ducking fleet of big 3 accountancy administrators  took the thick end of 2 years to confirm bank details and issue refunds in case you're interested. How long do you suppose it would take 6 bods in the Derby ticket office? 

Instead of telling other posters to 'grow up and shut up', you might wish to grasp that the cause of the delays, apart from the huge endeavour of processing 15 to 20 thousand refunds, might sit with the primarily with the EFL and not DCFC, that is unless you're expecting Morris to process the refunds from his personal account. Had the EFL had the sense to waive FFP months back, then those clubs who could afford to do so, would no doubt have settled their debts already. You'll get your money back so perhaps in the meantime you can resist the urge to demean a poster who, setting aside learning difficulties, autism and the enhanced issues a lockdown brings, has perhaps clumsily expressed an opinion that he prioritises getting back into stadiums over a £100.00 refund. Whilst I concede that a lot of folk are struggling and that B4 has got this wrong, that does not entitle you to go after him the way you have.