Season Ticket Refunds

JG400

8 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Yes you will. They club haven't not done over anyone so far have they? The club's response is reasonable in my eyes, and I'm sure all refunds due will be processed as soon as feasible with a furloughed workforce.

I didn’t mean the club would be doing me out. I just meant I didn’t know if I was going to be given £100 back or if they were going to tie it into the credit along with each 1/23 game for next season. 

9 minutes ago, YoxallRam said:

Well we’re in to October and no refunds.

I don’t mind waiting I just want to know when to expect it.

It doesn’t look good when we’re out doing transfer business but can’t refund £1m max to our fans from 6 months ago.

I think it's more down to how there are so many variables between 24,000 season ticket holders so take a while to process each option. The ticket office isn't bustling with staff the majority of the time, never mind at the moment. We've seen them amending DD's already for those monthly payees, so there is some movement at least.

18 hours ago, rammieib said:

So near, yet so far @David?

Pardon? I stand by everything I’ve said. The refunds might be late, but I have no doubts they will be processed.

Some of us understand it’s a difficult time for the club and not looking to jump on them at any given opportunity.

You go for it though if that’s what makes you happy 

I think people ought to look what other clubs have offered their fans. I know an inferior club down the A52 the options to fans were not like what we have been offered. It sounds like they are having a rethink now and as one of them said to me Brentford had a good policy which sounded very similar to ours.

2 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

I think people ought to look what other clubs have offered their fans. I know an inferior club down the A52 the options to fans were not like what we have been offered. It sounds like they are having a rethink now and as one of them said to me Brentford had a good policy which sounded very similar to ours.

100% this.  Aware of some clubs who are pretty much taking the money and running

17 hours ago, David said:

Pardon? I stand by everything I’ve said. The refunds might be late, but I have no doubts they will be processed.

Some of us understand it’s a difficult time for the club and not looking to jump on them at any given opportunity.

You go for it though if that’s what makes you happy 

I have learnt in Business , dont tell your customer you are going to do something  unless you are 100% you are going to do it and when things go a stray communicate it as soon as possible

Surely the recent announcment answering faq's about the 2020/2021 season tickets would have been the perfect oppotunity to give a quick update on  the 2019/2020 refunds whether it was good or bad news

On 01/10/2020 at 09:11, ThePrisoner said:

I think it's more down to how there are so many variables between 24,000 season ticket holders so take a while to process each option. The ticket office isn't bustling with staff the majority of the time, never mind at the moment. We've seen them amending DD's already for those monthly payees, so there is some movement at least.

I don't think that would be difficult,  just stick the data in excel and filter, I do more difficult analysis at work. The problem here is money or the lack of it. I renewed 2 season tickets at full price before covid so am due a refund from last season.  I understand the problems the club are having so have not chased and will wait, I know others are not in a financial position to do that,  but I'm willing to wait . Sorry also paid in full upfront so no direct debit to alter 

Edited by Woodley Ram
Still drunk

On 10/10/2020 at 18:41, RamNut said:

Nowt.
Still neck and neck between Ryanair and Derby County as the only two still not to act. 

As a Travel business owner I can tell you that I have managed to get around 15 or so refunds from Ryanair and despite it being challenging at times with them, they have processed them all...

On the other hand I am still waiting for any kind of update on Millwall & Preston away! I have no issue with it being next year or whenever but feel the levels of communication have been dire. Especially considering its £100 odd and for two away season ticket holders - there wasn't many of us!

8 minutes ago, therams69 said:

As a Travel business owner I can tell you that I have managed to get around 15 or so refunds from Ryanair and despite it being challenging at times with them, they have processed them all...

You must be the exception to the rule. I've tried before to reasonsably claim compensation for delayed flights from them and am sure hundreds of thousands of other normal folk too. They just play the percentages. 

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You must be the exception to the rule. I've tried before to reasonsably claim compensation for delayed flights from them and am sure hundreds of thousands of other normal folk too. They just play the percentages. 

Far from the exception, just persistent! Delayed flights are different as they try and get out of them for so many X Y or Z reasons. Its not clear cut as it should be thats for sure. 

Totally agree about the percentages. That's what they were doing with the vouchers, put people off contacting them if it took ages and many  just thought sod it will have a voucher as opposed to a refund.

11 hours ago, therams69 said:

On the other hand I am still waiting for any kind of update on Millwall & Preston away! I have no issue with it being next year or whenever but feel the levels of communication have been dire. Especially considering its £100 odd and for two away season ticket holders - there wasn't many of us!

I'm still waiting on the refund for £120 worth of Millwall tickets and any discount applied to my season ticket - We'd paid for our season tickets before the lockdown happened so still not sure how they're planning to apply our discount to this years tickets 

On 02/10/2020 at 11:33, JG400 said:

I have learnt in Business , dont tell your customer you are going to do something  unless you are 100% you are going to do it and when things go a stray communicate it as soon as possible

I work in communications and we also know that clear, precise and regular messaging is important when things are up in the air - Even if they dropped a weekly email saying "we haven't forgotten guys, please bear with us" that would be better and more reassuring that at the moment - It definitely feels like we're an after thought

I'm sure there are more important things going on but how difficult would it be to send us an update/holding email?

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

I'm still waiting on the refund for £120 worth of Millwall tickets and any discount applied to my season ticket - We'd paid for our season tickets before the lockdown happened so still not sure how they're planning to apply our discount to this years tickets 

I work in communications and we also know that clear, precise and regular messaging is important when things are up in the air - Even if they dropped a weekly email saying "we haven't forgotten guys, please bear with us" that would be better and more reassuring that at the moment - It definitely feels like we're an after thought

I'm sure there are more important things going on but how difficult would it be to send us an update/holding email?

Is there anything more important than your customers? I would argue there isn't.