Season Ticket Refunds

JG400

43 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Is there anything more important than your customers? I would argue there isn't.

I'd say it's slightly more tricky for a football club - The 'customers' don't just want to be able to see games - They also want to see the team doing well, the club doing well and making progress etc - So if the main focus of the finance team at the moment has been say, working out whether we can make signings and how that might affect our overall cashflow then I'd say most 'customers' would be understanding of it

However I do think a bit of simple communication would help a lot with managing people's patience

5 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I'd say it's slightly more tricky for a football club - The 'customers' don't just want to be able to see games - They also want to see the team doing well, the club doing well and making progress etc - So if the main focus of the finance team at the moment has been say, working out whether we can make signings and how that might affect our overall cashflow then I'd say most 'customers' would be understanding of it

However I do think a bit of simple communication would help a lot with managing people's patience

Yes, it does feel rather like we have been forgotten, while people who bought season tickets later have already had their discounts applied.

We are owed season ticket discounts and Preston away ticket refunds. It's not a huge amount in the scale of things, but a quick email  to let us know we haven't been forgotten (or even a mention in some of the other generic notices about discounts issued by the club) would be reassuring. There can't be that many of us surely who renewed and paid in full before lockdown.

Edited by angieram

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes, it does feel rather like we have been forgotten, while people who bought season tickets later have already had their discounts applied.

We are owed season ticket discounts and Preston away ticket refunds. It's not a huge amount in the scale of things, but a quick email  to let us know we haven't been forgotten (or even a mention in some of the other generic notices about discounts issued by the club) would be reassuring. There can't be that many of us surely who renewed and paid in full before lockdown.

I'm in the same boat. Renewed before lockdown so I'm owed season ticket discount. I really hope they're not planning to include it in the pro-rata calculation for next year.

Received this, this morning:

Hi Anna

Thank you for your email.

"Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a timeline on when supporters should expect their refunds as the process is manual. If you wish to cancel your Direct Debit with your bank you may do so, this will stop any further payments being taken before your season ticket is cancelled. 

We do ask for supporters’ patience and understanding whilst processing refunds as the club are currently working under limited resources. 

If you wish to cancel your Direct Debit with your bank you may do so, this will stop any further payments being taken before your season ticket is cancelled. 

Kind Regards

Becca"

2 hours ago, Anna said:

Received this, this morning:

Hi Anna

Thank you for your email.

"Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a timeline on when supporters should expect their refunds as the process is manual. If you wish to cancel your Direct Debit with your bank you may do so, this will stop any further payments being taken before your season ticket is cancelled. 

We do ask for supporters’ patience and understanding whilst processing refunds as the club are currently working under limited resources. 

If you wish to cancel your Direct Debit with your bank you may do so, this will stop any further payments being taken before your season ticket is cancelled. 

Kind Regards

Becca"

This implies that some may have been refunded , I would love to know if any have , this feels like the time that Radio Derby ought to step in  , I wonder if Owen Bradley asked Mel about this in his interview broadcast tonight , we shall see I guess

28 minutes ago, JG400 said:

This implies that some may have been refunded , I would love to know if any have , this feels like the time that Radio Derby ought to step in  , I wonder if Owen Bradley asked Mel about this in his interview broadcast tonight , we shall see I guess

Owen Bradley hasn't been on RD for years!

Received an email letter saying about potential charges for cancelling my Direct Debit, despite being told to.

I understand it's unprecedented times, but getting increasingly frustrated and the lack of communication is making me feel unvalued ?

I got this email today.

Der Mr Buckley’s Dog,

Sorry-no refund for you. Our scouting department blew it all on tequila during the search for a new centre forward. It’s not easy finding 46 year old journeymen strikers you know. Now stop emailing us so we can concentrate on locating Dean Holdsworth.

Yours sincerely,

Becca 

Guess I will have to keep waiting.

Continuous pi$$ poor customer response from Derby County here.

If they have no resources, I think that was fairly obvious back in September but still made an offer to fans.

The supporters have been taken for mugs. It’s ok though, we will be giving Kazim-Richards 3-5k a week though.

Before anyone asks, I renewed, fully knowing that I’ve paid for a 21/22 ST in reality. It’s the thousands of others who genuinely need the money back right now I feel for.

Not received a refund for my Millwall away tickets yet. I emailed the club last week to ask about it & they basically told me to stop complaining & be patient. Still wouldn’t tell me when I’d get it though, or my season ticket refund for that matter.

Personally I think DCFC have handled communication with fans throughout the whole Covid thing appallingly.

This is in stark contrast to our friends at Derbyshire cricket who have kept members involved of proceedings every step of the way. They always respond to calls/emails, hold regular zoom meetings etc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/10/2020 at 17:11, Anna said:

Received an email letter saying about potential charges for cancelling my Direct Debit, despite being told to.

I understand it's unprecedented times, but getting increasingly frustrated and the lack of communication is making me feel unvalued ?

We are considering cancelling our season tickets due to economics and the current Covid situation in which I see little possibility of spectators being allowed to attend matches during this season.

We both pay by monthly direct debit and slightly concerned about the legality of cancellation and possible charges. Has anyone had any experience of this?

On 15/10/2020 at 22:39, Roboram said:

Not received a refund for my Millwall away tickets yet. I emailed the club last week to ask about it & they basically told me to stop complaining & be patient. Still wouldn’t tell me when I’d get it though, or my season ticket refund for that matter.

Personally I think DCFC have handled communication with fans throughout the whole Covid thing appallingly.

This is in stark contrast to our friends at Derbyshire cricket who have kept members involved of proceedings every step of the way. They always respond to calls/emails, hold regular zoom meetings etc.

Yes, I was told refunds would be made ‘throughout September’.

When I chased this up the reply was basically ‘we’re busy, be patient’.

38 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

A loan has been taken out secured against Moor Farm, I wonder if this is related to refunding season tickets?

To pay off cocu ?