20/21 Notts Bottlers Thread

Day

On 15/11/2020 at 15:48, eezzeetiger said:

Just had a sneaky look at your "numerous" new manager threads..

And i thought Forest fans lived in the past

...and this post was only on Sunday before 'What would McClaren do with this team?' popped up.

We've even got a poster who created an entire user account in the name of a player who'd left about 3 weeks prior, who posts little other than naval gazing about, or comparisons with, said player, (or his favourite manager of said player) and criticism by proxy of anyone who's been at the club since.

It'll all just a little bit sad.

7 hours ago, Coconut said:

...and this post was only on Sunday before 'What would McClaren do with this team?' popped up.

We've even got a poster who created an entire user account in the name of a player who'd left about 3 weeks prior, who posts little other than naval gazing about, or comparisons with, said player, (or his favourite manager of said player) and criticism by proxy of anyone who's been at the club since.

It'll all just a little bit sad.

We have one in particular on LTLF who can't let King Billy go. (he knows who he is)

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Funny that there’s such hero worship. I mean, what did he really achieve for you? At least he got us promoted, and we think he’s a dick. 

He got them a 3rd and 6th place finish. I know we are used to finishing in the playoffs every year, but for them it is like the census - comes around once every 10 years if they're lucky, so he gave them that at least. 

47 minutes ago, GenBr said:

He got them a 3rd and 6th place finish. I know we are used to finishing in the playoffs every year, but for them it is like the census - comes around once every 10 years if they're lucky, so he gave them that at least. 

I suppose that is their height of success in a long, long time. 

sad that 3rd and 6th in the championship is there greatest achievement in the last, what 20 odd years.

sad that billy is their must successful manager in that time. 

sad that he’s also ours. 

On 18/11/2020 at 17:35, TigerTedd said:

Funny that there’s such hero worship. I mean, what did he really achieve for you? At least he got us promoted, and we think he’s a dick. 

I wasn't a huge fan of Billeh (the man not the manager) but I can understand why some of the fans still fawn over him. Compared with basically every other manager we've had since Paul Hart in the early 00s he's done pretty well. Plus he clearly enjoyed getting one over on you lot which always endears a manager to the fans.

In fact on the subject...I can't be the only one who misses the good old days of about 10 years ago. When both sides seemed to be chocka with former players of the other, or players who were from the other city (Barker, Osborn etc) and both managers and staff were linked to the other side and clearly there was needle between them.

When I watched the game the other week it was just a non-event, not just because there were no fans but because the players were just detached from the event, there are no villains anymore like Camp, Commons, Savage or Tyson and apart from Rooney and Waghorn I'd barely heard of a single Derby player nevermind get angry just at their very presence on the screen.

Talking of managers getting one over another team. I think if Nigel Clough stood in for every manager that played Leeds, it would take them less than 3 years to go bust. 

I believe we had 10 wins in a row against them and barely laid a glove on them since (apart from that one all important game). 

2 hours ago, Augustus said:

I wasn't a huge fan of Billeh (the man not the manager) but I can understand why some of the fans still fawn over him. Compared with basically every other manager we've had since Paul Hart in the early 00s he's done pretty well. Plus he clearly enjoyed getting one over on you lot which always endears a manager to the fans.

In fact on the subject...I can't be the only one who misses the good old days of about 10 years ago. When both sides seemed to be chocka with former players of the other, or players who were from the other city (Barker, Osborn etc) and both managers and staff were linked to the other side and clearly there was needle between them.

When I watched the game the other week it was just a non-event, not just because there were no fans but because the players were just detached from the event, there are no villains anymore like Camp, Commons, Savage or Tyson and apart from Rooney and Waghorn I'd barely heard of a single Derby player nevermind get angry just at their very presence on the screen.

Not sure why you got rid of O'Driscoll.  Seemed well suited and think you were in the playoffs.  Suppose we did the same to Clement but he had just spent 23 million quid and lost a few on the bounce.  

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Talking of managers getting one over another team. I think if Nigel Clough stood in for every manager that played Leeds, it would take them less than 3 years to go bust. 

I believe we had 10 wins in a row against them and barely laid a glove on them since (apart from that one all important game). 

Leeds don't like us because since 1972 when we play each other and it matters we always win.  We even drew with them with half a team back in 13/14. 

April 72- league champions,  Promotion secured in 87,  playoffs 2019, ruining their return to the championship 2-0.

8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Since Clough left we have won 5 drew 4 and lost 7. 

Our 10 game run consisted of 2 wins for Billy, 1 for Jewell, 6 for Clough and 1 for Mac. 

10 hours ago, Ramley Apple said:

My goon supporting mate still harps on about Billy Davies the poor sod

Never was so much love given to a manager who failed to achieve anything for a football club

If we only loved managers who won trophies or achieved promotions it would be a very short list indeed.