20/21 Notts Bottlers Thread

Day

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

He's got the backing of Kuwait's national oil funds, we'd be the Man City of the midlands!

We should probably commision a painting of him next to Billy Davies holding the play off trophy on 07.

Must admit I didn't expect Derby to be bottom after a quarter of the season. Funny old league and things can change quickly when the games come thick and fast though.

The only flip side to that is that if you're not careful within the space of a few weeks you can be adrift....

23 hours ago, Augustus said:

Must admit I didn't expect Derby to be bottom after a quarter of the season. Funny old league and things can change quickly when the games come thick and fast though.

The only flip side to that is that if you're not careful within the space of a few weeks you can be adrift....

Which is why we need Cocu gone THIS WEEK.

Any longer than that and we could go into our next game either A. With Cocu, or B. without a manager. ? 

43 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Why would he sack him, you're about to get bought out. Let the next guy pick up that bill ..

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Derby-mel-morris-phillip-cocu-22982108

I initially thought this, and I suspect it is true, but surely the expense would be to Derby County rather than Mel Morris regardless who was owner at the time. 

It's more of a case of letting the new guy complete the takeover and make his own decision. Any sacking is going to inhibit our ability to make signings in January, in the very best case, so it's not as straight forward as get rid and get someone else in. 

It's a strange situation, but everything about this season from our point of view has been strange. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I initially thought this, and I suspect it is true, but surely the expense would be to Derby County rather than Mel Morris regardless who was owner at the time. 

It's more of a case of letting the new guy complete the takeover and make his own decision. Any sacking is going to inhibit our ability to make signings in January, in the very best case, so it's not as straight forward as get rid and get someone else in. 

It's a strange situation, but everything about this season from our point of view has been strange. 

3 words.

Colin Kazim Richards. 

Very weird indeed ?

3 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

3 words.

Colin Kazim Richards. 

Very weird indeed ?

Very true. We have the second highest goalscorer in the highest level of academy football last season, Jamal Hector Ingram, and the the highest scoring goalscorer in the highest level of academy football this season, Jack Stretton, struggling to even make up the numbers yet because of this fantasy of a target man we're left with CKR on the bench. 

It makes no sense to me. CKR hasn't had much time and he's not done too bad when he's had a chance, but completely undermines the direction I thought the club wanted to go. 

It's outrageous that we have these types of strikers excelling at the very top of the U23 Premier League, but we're not willing to give them an opportunity when we can't buy a goal. 

Marriott is the only striker that's scored a goal from open play for us this season, nearly a quarter of the way in, which is absolutely staggering. 

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Very true. We have the second highest goalscorer in the highest level of academy football last season, Jamal Hector Ingram, and the the highest scoring goalscorer in the highest level of academy football this season, Jack Stretton, struggling to even make up the numbers yet because of this fantasy of a target man we're left with CKR on the bench. 

It makes no sense to me. CKR hasn't had much time and he's not done too bad when he's had a chance, but completely undermines the direction I thought the club wanted to go. 

It's outrageous that we have these types of strikers excelling at the very top of the U23 Premier League, but we're not willing to give them an opportunity when we can't buy a goal. 

Marriott is the only striker that's scored a goal from open play for us this season, nearly a quarter of the way in, which is absolutely staggering. 

We've also got Whittaker who scored 18 and assisted 12 in 18/19 and Duncan who also scored 18 in the same year. I know Duncan is still building fitness, but Whittaker got 5 mins here and there and then we never see him again.

6 minutes ago, GenBr said:

We've also got Whittaker who scored 18 and assisted 12 in 18/19 and Duncan who also scored 18 in the same year. I know Duncan is still building fitness, but Whittaker got 5 mins here and there and then we never see him again.

Yeah, you could well argue that Whittaker, Duncan, JHI and Stretton are the best bunch of strikers currently plying their trade at academy level. When you consider their records through the 18s and 23s for Derby: Whittaker - 43 goals in 74 games, Stretton - 36 goals in 57 games, JHI - 11 in 19 games and Bobby Duncan obviously hasn't played much as of yet, but had 25 goals in 39 games for Liverpool. 

It's crazy that one of them hasn't been given the chance upfront, but we have gone away from the youth players more recently. Bogle and Lowe obviously sold. Bird and SIbley aren't getting in the starting XI which leaves Buchanan and Knight as the only ones consistently playing games. It's a shame and we actually look worse for it. The midfield play has dropped off massively since Bird and Sibley haven't been playing. 

15 hours ago, Ramley Apple said:

Two wins at home against last season's League One promotees and suddenly they're rooster-a-hoop

The fact remains they're still closer to us than they are promotion

We aren't exactly firing at the moment. But Hughton is a seasoned manager at this level. In fact he has the best points per game ratio of any manager at this level this century. So whilst the start has been pretty 'meh', we've still only lost once in the last 7 games under him and that was 1-0 at Boro who are doing pretty well at the moment.

To be honest I'm not sure any Forest fan expected us to start playing champagne football when Hughton came in but what we did expect was that we'd look much more solid and have a plan B if things weren't working and so far that's exactly what we've seen.

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

We aren't exactly firing at the moment. But Hughton is a seasoned manager at this level. In fact he has the best points per game ratio of any manager at this level this century. So whilst the start has been pretty 'meh', we've still only lost once in the last 7 games under him and that was 1-0 at Boro who are doing pretty well at the moment.

To be honest I'm not sure any Forest fan expected us to start playing champagne football when Hughton came in but what we did expect was that we'd look much more solid and have a plan B if things weren't working and so far that's exactly what we've seen.

To be fair Hughton is a class act and will have you climbing the table in no time

I do think the playoffs are unlikely from your position at the moment, but I'm almost always wrong about these things!

On 12/11/2020 at 14:38, Ambitious said:

related to Kevin?