Jacob Widell Zetterström

DarkFruitsRam7

Him and Kenzo bring us in £10m in transfer fees next summer or the summer after. Going to enjoy them both whilst they’re here. Credit to the recruitment process! 

Depressing to realise we’ll probably lose them but this is what it’s all about in our efforts not to end up in financial crisis again. Down to the club to identify the next Kenzo, the next JWZ, + others to recycle the eventual sales into raising the whole team by a level. 

59 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Him and Kenzo bring us in £10m in transfer fees next summer or the summer after. Going to enjoy them both whilst they’re here. Credit to the recruitment process! 

Depressing to realise we’ll probably lose them but this is what it’s all about in our efforts not to end up in financial crisis again. Down to the club to identify the next Kenzo, the next JWZ, + others to recycle the eventual sales into raising the whole team by a level. 

Give over with the boring, predictable and probably wrong 'we can't possibly keep them' rubbish. I can't be arsed to look but bet you thought there was no chance Cashin would still be here. There is no need to be depressed to realise anything. Wait and see

3 hours ago, Day said:

He’s good. Which is good for us and him.

Avoids the Temu Cech nickname.

Dare I say Warne has made some decent signings this summer with JZ, Kenzo, Ebou, Ozoh, he’s not just a pretty face eh.

and they have made their mark with just 5 games played! With more improvement likely as we proceed, a great transfer window

1 hour ago, Gerry Daly said:

Give over with the boring, predictable and probably wrong 'we can't possibly keep them' rubbish. I can't be arsed to look but bet you thought there was no chance Cashin would still be here. There is no need to be depressed to realise anything. Wait and see

Why be so dismissive? I didn’t for one second think we’d sell Cash and Wa surprised when the Brighton bid was accepted last minute the other season. 

We can enjoy these players whilst they’re here but ultimately until we’re ready to challenge at the top end of this division we’ll be a stepping stone for these hidden gems from untapped markets. Why do you think I’m negative for understanding where we are at? 

Honestly the tone of your post stinks. Put your big boy pants on and either give me a reason why you think we’ll keep them long term or don’t respond to my post.

I’m here to give my view on our players and our club. It wasn’t a negative post but I’m glad you felt the need to police it. 

7 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

I'm actually really enthused by it rather than depressed. To get to the top end of this division we need better quality throughout the squad & the quickest way of doing that is buying cheap & selling expensive to increase our overall budget. If both leave next summer for £10m combined (I'd hope for a lot more personally) that elevates this club to fishing in player markets that could see an outside playoff push next season - pretty exciting I reckon. The cycle then continues again buying talented young lads with good resale potential & good character.

Still very early days but both Zetterstrom & Goudmijn look very good value for money with the potential to improve further. Good work by the scouting/backroom team & credit to Warne given both look so settled in the starting XI so quickly. Very important with young foreign players that they are made to feel at home very quickly & a strong, inclusive culture is key to that - something you imagine Warne is very hot on.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I'm actually really enthused by it rather than depressed. To get to the top end of this division we need better quality throughout the squad & the quickest way of doing that is buying cheap & selling expensive to increase our overall budget. If both leave next summer for £10m combined (I'd hope for a lot more personally) that elevates this club to fishing in player markets that could see an outside playoff push next season - pretty exciting I reckon. The cycle then continues again buying talented young lads with good resale potential & good character.

Still very early days but both Zetterstrom & Goudmijn look very good value for money with the potential to improve further. Good work by the scouting/backroom team & credit to Warne given both look so settled in the starting XI so quickly. Very important with young foreign players that they are made to feel at home very quickly & a strong, inclusive culture is key to that - something you imagine Warne is very hot on.

Yeah ultimately I’m in agreement with you. It’s depressing if they do go but if they go you have to assume it’s for attractive money which will give us more power to regenerate the squad as a whole. It’s what teams like Brentford did. Eventually you get to a place where you can be choosy about who you sell and when. 

11 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Only problem with the signing is it’s a three year contract, after next summer he’ll be in the last year of his contract which knocks his value massively. Hopefully there’s an option of an extra year. 

He'll be in the last year of his contract from the summer of 2026 onwards, not next summer.