Barrow (A) - Match Thread

Sean

I think the thing that says it all is that Goudmijn gets dragged off every game. This time he only got 45 minutes.

I'm not saying he's a world beater but he's a progressive passer of the ball - and he seems to be making fewer forward passes with every game.

It's like any invention is quickly being stomped out of him. 

We just don't look like we're going anywhere at the moment. I'm hoping for a big reaction against Bristol.

Just now, The_Sheriff said:

We lost in the energy drink cup

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

I don't think anyone is too bothered about being knocked out of a tinpot cup that we were never going to win anyway but this was an opportunity to at least get another win under our belt this season and build a bit of confidence. In the end, it just reinforced the doubts about the quality of the squad and coaching staff that anyone may have had.

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Honestly could say the same about you at this point, fella. 99/100 your posts are personal attacks on forum members. You can disagree with peoples opinions on the football club but you don’t have to be a door-handle about it.

Not sure what else you're expecting, he's always been a weeping boil on the arse of the forum.

Terrible performance. Terrible performances happen. We had about 10 shockers last season including like home to Crewe. They are unpleasant to watch, hard to take and hurt. But we always get past them. We will have poor runs of results but we will get though them. League cup games of all the games we play are the worst indicator as to how the season as a whole will pan out. We just have to take it on the chin. No one will hurt more than Warne. 

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

As I said before the game, that is an absolute f****** embarrassment. Absolute embarrassment. Every player out there should hang their heads in shame. The lack of effort was truly a disgrace.

And what does this say about our hopes for this season? They aren’t looking good I can tell you that. Our recruitment are scraping the barrel and our manager thinks everyone in this division is Man City. Might stick a bet on us finishing last. The odds will be good and I’m pretty confident it’s where we will finish. Were the worst team in this league with the worst manager.

Everyone knows we were awful tonight without the added tripe in your post 

Well that was a bit desperate but *clutching at straws* do we ever play well in the EFL Cup?

Other than the SF when Clough took over I can't really remember passing the 2nd Rnd very often.

Edited by maxjam

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

The performance tonight was almost as bad as the overreaction on here which is saying quite something about how bad it was

It's just not an overreaction though is it? It's another absolutely s**** performance (you acknowledged it yourself) where we made a league 2 opposition look good. It's embarrassingly poor.