Match Thread: Carlisle United (h)

Saturday can’t come soon enough. I am driving my wife crazy…

Me: I have something to tell you.

Wife: What is it?

Me: It’s important. It’s big. It’s life changing.

Wife: Tell me.

Me: Promise me you won’t be angry or upset.

Wife: OK. Tell me.

Me: Are you sure?

Wife: You’ve lost your job?

Me: No.

Wife: You want a divorce?

Wife: You’ve been having an affair?

Wife: Well, what is it?

Me: RAMS ARE GOING UP, OLE OLE! 🎵

😂

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Because he’s a good player, who has contributed well to the cause over the last few years and could still play one final part in getting us promoted…

For reference, as it stands Adams, Hourihane, Sibley, Smith, Thompson and Bird are all “going” so we should maybe just play Fornah in midfield on Saturday 😉 

Midfield has been better without him. Why change a winning formula for one that has proved time and time again inconsistent and risk it now? Don’t get it 

18 minutes ago, McMuffin said:

Midfield has been better without him. Why change a winning formula for one that has proved time and time again inconsistent and risk it now? Don’t get it 

Warne possibly/probably won’t change it. However for me Bird is the better footballer than Thompson and I would play him in the midfield alongside Smith and Adams. He has more guile and creates goalscoring opportunities, that’s why I would like to see him play, that’s my opinion, you don’t agree fair enough. 

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Warne possibly/probably won’t change it. However for me Bird is the better footballer than Thompson and I would play him in the midfield alongside Smith and Adams. He has more guile and creates goalscoring opportunities, that’s why I would like to see him play, that’s my opinion, you don’t agree fair enough. 

Personally I'd play Thommo and Bird but what do I know. 😄

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, McMuffin said:

I think it can be argued that the midfield is better without Hourihane, but I'm not sure how you can say as much about Bird's absence. He's our best CM by some way and with Ebou to run the hard yards alongside him, I'd wager Max will prosper. 

I guess his ability aside, another thing would be that he's come through the academy and we've watched him grow as a player, so there's some loyalty and affection for the lad from many fans and this is probably heightened by this being his last game. Most fans will have noted that he also stuck by us though the worst of the recent troubles, at a time when he was our most saleable asset and could easily have found better paid employment at a higher level elsewhere. 

Just an alternative opinion, but if Max is looking OK in training, I'd definitely start him as a swap for Corey Smith, with the latter taking over around the 60 minute mark. Be nice to see Max leave the field for the last time, to rapturous applause from the Rams faithful, having just watched him boss Carlisle. 

As it is, I'm remarkably calm about it all anyway. I think we'll win well whether Bird starts, or not. 

COYR

Edited by Comrade 86

20 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Are you sure it’s your opinion….and not someone else’s 😉

47 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Is there something I’ve done to annoy you Jimbo? This isn’t the first time I’ve had such a reply from you of late? 

No, just having a bit of bants CR…..sorry you took it the wrong way….usually my wink suggests I am only having a laugh 😊

2 hours ago, McMuffin said:

It will be interesting to see how he fairs alongside Adams. 

14 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

Sometimes football can bite ya on ya bum...Peterborough 1 Carlisle 3, Ferguson said every one of his players scores 3 for performance, I expect a win, No if's, Ands or buts, We have the squad to win no doubt about it, History is what it is...in the past, Only we remember Derby 0 Carlisle 0 or Derby 0 Reading 3.

This is "only Derby can fcuk it up"...nope a win, So much so...I've bailed from sleepy Belper...to go on the lash in Town, Gonna be some sore heads come Sunday.

Come on you...image.png.e05e24c29396c2dafd8e384fe10d693e.png

Ram against Ram? Shouldn’t that photo be on the Paul Warne thread? 😀