Barnsley FC v Derby - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

IMO, as a former ref (retired aged 68, 2 years ago) I cannot remember a single game where either of Madley brothers reffed DCFC and I came away thinking "what a good ref, even handed and got the calls right". 

Watch PWs pre match interview on RamsTV, even he went so far as to mention that "looking at where the refs from" is not something they do... so they must be aware...

Edited by MadAmster

33 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I do think it's very wrong that a former Barnsley youth player is reffing this match. So I'm pleased word has gotten out, meaning at least Madley will know he's under scrutiny, which has to be better for us than not. If there's a contentious call to be made against us, he will think twice. Here's what I put on Twitter yesterday evening. 130,000 views, so at least it's been noticed. 

From the "Former Barnsley player" angle, I've given you an applauding reaction.  I'd do the same on twixxer, but I don't go on there.  👍

As I've already hinted at, I think referencing a potential "Banning from future DCFC games", due to his previously (admittedly atrocious) handling of our game v Burnley as a tad tinpot... but hasten to add, we fans are allowed to be tinpot sometimes.  It should be in our nature.

🐏

24 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

IMO, as a former ref (retired aged 68, 2 years ago) I cannot remember a single game where either of Madley brothers reffed DCFC and I came away thinking "what a good ref, even handed and got the calls right". 

Watch PWs pre match interview on RamsTV, even he went so far as to mention that "looking at where the refs from" is not something they do... so they must be aware...

Just watched the interview. 

Can't work out whether the ref comment was a coincidence or whether he's slipped it in just to keep everyone on their toes. 

If he's done it on purpose then kudos to him because he didn't linger on the comment at all, just carried on with his ramblings.

1 minute ago, NorwichExile said:

I wasn't confident about this one before I saw the ref news, now I'm bricking it. I'de be delighted with a point from this.

The ref is the least of our problems...I've just done some research and it turns our Conor Hourihane used to PLAY FOR BARNSLEY! Seriously, I've checked it in a couple of places, he played 112 times for them.

Can someone who still uses twitter send this out please? People need to know.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hdf286?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

Pre-match presser with the bbc above, my main takeaways from it;

- Gayle deal was delayed by the EFL scrutinising the deal due to our recent situation.

- Gayle has trained since Monday and is fit to play on Sat but he did downplay his readiness a little bit, maybe fit to start, maybe fit for 60 mins. 

- CBT back in training with the team, Warne said he seems to be over his injury but needs more time in training to be up to speed (I assume with how the team plays).

- Waghorn back in training with the team, Saturday might be too soon for him to play. 

- Fozzy is back on the grass but 2 weeks away from being involved with the squad 

- Washington struggling with a knee injury. Warne mentioned the summer so it’s seemingly the injury he had before joining us rather than linked to the ankle injury done on international duty.

- Warne said if you asked Collins he’d say he’s fit to play on Saturday but the medical team say he’s not.

- Vickers back soon. 

24 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hdf286?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

Pre-match presser with the bbc above, my main takeaways from it;

- Gayle deal was delayed by the EFL scrutinising the deal due to our recent situation.

- Gayle has trained since Monday and is fit to play on Sat but he did downplay his readiness a little bit, maybe fit to start, maybe fit for 60 mins. 

- CBT back in training with the team, Warne said he seems to be over his injury but needs more time in training to be up to speed (I assume with how the team plays).

- Waghorn back in training with the team, Saturday might be too soon for him to play. 

- Fozzy is back on the grass but 2 weeks away from being involved with the squad 

- Washington struggling with a knee injury. Warne mentioned the summer so it’s seemingly the injury he had before joining us rather than linked to the ankle injury done on international duty.

- Warne said if you asked Collins he’d say he’s fit to play on Saturday but the medical team say he’s not.

- Vickers back soon. 

In his club presser it was interesting to hear PW mention where the ref comes from!

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

From the "Former Barnsley player" angle, I've given you an applauding reaction.  I'd do the same on twixxer, but I don't go on there.  👍

As I've already hinted at, I think referencing a potential "Banning from future DCFC games", due to his previously (admittedly atrocious) handling of our game v Burnley as a tad tinpot... but hasten to add, we fans are allowed to be tinpot sometimes.  It should be in our nature.

🐏

Why, thank you, Mucker!!!!

15 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Fantastic! "where the ref comes from" slipped in there. Well done Paul Warne, not dwelling on it but making sure Madley is aware. 

I don't you realise how pure evil Madley is. And untouchable. He will be even more biased now against us, thanks to Warne's comments and your tweet.

I'm thinking of forming a militia to arrest anyone in the uk called Madley, just to be sure none of this hideous mafia family can be called upon to prevent us winning.

Can't believe the club haven't already started this to be honest. We laugh at Forest, but there would already be bakeries burning by now.

2 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Just watched the interview. 

Can't work out whether the ref comment was a coincidence or whether he's slipped it in just to keep everyone on their toes

If he's done it on purpose then kudos to him because he didn't linger on the comment at all, just carried on with his ramblings.

IMO, PW doesn't do things by accident.

Whether this gets back to Madley or not, you can bet he has warned the players not to skate on thin ice. There will be no risks being taken when it comes to behaviour or "taking one for the team". Don't give the bloke a choice to make...

How can Blackett-Taylor go from being injury free all season, to being on his arse for fitness since joining 🤔 Had high hopes for him but looks totally out his depth in the cameos and picking up some random injuries all a sudden.

Washington is Thorne Mark II it seems, guy can't catch a break.

So my question is, whys he reluctant to bring Tony Weston into the mix? Rather continuing with no attacking options on the bench..

Edited by Papahet

2 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

The ref is the least of our problems...I've just done some research and it turns our Conor Hourihane used to PLAY FOR BARNSLEY! Seriously, I've checked it in a couple of places, he played 112 times for them.

Can someone who still uses twitter send this out please? People need to know.

Good point. Hourihane would no doubt sabotage all of our deadball kicks by booting them 60' in the air over the bar, which is unheard of. Fear not though, the FA/EFL have acted swiftly to negate this threat by appointing a referee guaranteed to give is f*** all!

18 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Had some unfounded dog bothering rumours and some confirmed disability piss taking video as I recall.  That ended his career entirely for a bit,  don't know if he's still on a track back.

Madley is a tool and will be forever a tool, In the same bracket a Atwell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50960288#:~:text=In a blog post%2C Madley said he was,due to a change in his personal circumstances".

Can see us playing 3421 on Sat -

Wildsmith - Nelson Bradley Cashin - Nyambe Adams Hourihane Elder - NML Bird - Gayle

Loach Wilson Thompson Smith Sibley CBT Barkhuizen

Ward, Fornah & Waggy missing out as the last 3 of the 20 outfield players Warne said are now training. Maybe Waggy makes the bench over CBT depending on both their fitness.

Our squad is starting to look strong going into this crucial period.