Dwight Gayle - Signed until the end of the season

Topram

18 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Not sure this is a 0% chance. We’d be a better option than Charlton and Barnsley I think, sheff weds having money issues. Personally think Ipswich have better than him already.

If I were him,  the fact we are desperately short of options and our only other striker is a workhouse, would suggest I have a decent chance of game time. 

We have decent crowds, are close to the promotion picture. Good for one final challenge of a career that's made me plenty of money but not exactly littered with trophies.

Can't see I'd be overly excited but he may be decent for a few games.

17 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

If I were him,  the fact we are desperately short of options and our only other striker is a workhouse, would suggest I have a decent chance of game time. 

We have decent crowds, are close to the promotion picture. Good for one final challenge of a career that's made me plenty of money but not exactly littered with trophies.

Can't see I'd be overly excited but he may be decent for a few games.

Plus not a million miles from Stoke if he’s settled there. Though I can’t imagine who could ever settle in Stoke 😂

Don't know why but I've always liked Dwight Gayle. Not had the best run the last few years but I still remember him bursting onto the scene and he was unplayable in the champ. 

It would be a yes from me in our current situation and maybe we can get him playing again like we did NML.

Would of liked to of seen this done earlier though instead of wasting time trying to get Wednesday's 3rd and 4th choice strikers and failing at that.

Of course it all depends on the numbers. I'd like to see the lad here, as he ticks a lot of boxes and tbh, if he's anywhere remotely near what he was, he'd probably tear most L1 defences to bits. At the same time though, I'd not want us to be blowing too much of our windfall on him, especially against a backdrop of a £6.8 million trading loss.

For this to happen, I think it'd need Dwight to want it and therefore not to make silly demands and take a punt on some choice bonuses if he does well, rather than simply the biggest guaranteed windfall. It's hard to be optimistic and upbeat sometimes, but you never know, he might just fancy the Derby project more than more than bench-warming at Ipswich. Exciting times ahead if he does! 

No, no, no. He was a pretty decent player, but he has not been on his game for 5 years. We have Washington and Waghorn supposedly back soon. That would be 3 average journeymen strikers, waiting for one above average journeyman striker to not be available. We missed out getting someone we needed. Gayle would just be a case of badly papering over cracks with expensive wallpaper.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

No, no, no. He was a pretty decent player, but he has not been on his game for 5 years. We have Washington and Waghorn supposedly back soon. That would be 3 average journeymen strikers, waiting for one above average journeyman striker to not be available. We missed out getting someone we needed. Gayle would just be a case of badly papering over cracks with expensive wallpaper.

mood GIF

This + by the time he is fit, the other old journeymen will be back anyway