Dwight Gayle - Signed until the end of the season

Topram

I still think there are strikers to be found with some hard graft and imagination. Gayle, he was released from his contract after the window closed because of the zero chance of him getting a game and he wants to find a club that will play him. He has taken that gamble and given up £7,000+ a week for an opportunity of match time. He has that hunger. Gregory still comes under this category of being no use to his club now. Many others whose contracts are up in the summer too, costing their club wages to see out the next six months for adding nothing. How hard did Liam Rosenior work to get Cardiff to release James Collins? He did not have a recruitment team to help him. Think outside the box, including Europe. Maybe phone up a few agents in the spare time they now have and ask them for inside info, if players could persuade their club to cancel their contract? Not every player is a greedy bar steward like Ikechi Anya.

10 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

I still think there are strikers to be found with some hard graft and imagination. Gayle, he was released from his contract after the window closed because of the zero chance of him getting a game and he wants to find a club that will play him. He has taken that gamble and given up £7,000+ a week for an opportunity of match time. He has that hunger. Gregory still comes under this category of being no use to his club now. Many others whose contracts are up in the summer too, costing their club wages to see out the next six months for adding nothing. How hard did Liam Rosenior work to get Cardiff to release James Collins? He did not have a recruitment team to help him. Think outside the box, including Europe. Maybe phone up a few agents in the spare time they now have and ask them for inside info, if players could persuade their club to cancel their contract? Not every player is a greedy bar steward like Ikechi Anya.

That doesn't really help us now, in order for them to join us before the next window I believe the contract needed to have been cancelled before the window closed (hence why Gayle did it when he did). So basically we know the pool of players we can sign before the window reopens.

11 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

He didn't have to work hard,most of the players who came in during that period thought that they had Rooney as their boss,that was the draw.

(Why,I'll never know,he was useless but there you go)

He didn't have to work hard,most of the players who came in during that period thought that they had Rooney as their boss,that was the draw.

Rooney resigned 25 June, Collins arrived 13 July. Similar dates to all that were signed by Rosenior.

This is the transfermarkt's take on what forwards are out of contract right now: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=14&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

Any of them becoming a free agent after the 1st Feb won't be eligible to sign for us. So in reality there isn't much work to be done, apart from look through the list and identify anyone who might want to come, be a good addition to the team, and be within budget wages wise.

1 hour ago, DJAY said:

This is the transfermarkt's take on what forwards are out of contract right now: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=14&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

Any of them becoming a free agent after the 1st Feb won't be eligible to sign for us. So in reality there isn't much work to be done, apart from look through the list and identify anyone who might want to come, be a good addition to the team, and be within budget wages wise.

Lucas jao would be quality in this league, only 30 too

Sadly Warne as said they haven't been abroad 

Why I don't know. 

So alot of these free that are any good playing out of England we are just not going to gamble on 

Shocking really get looking overseas. Derby 

35 minutes ago, RYRAM said:

Sadly Warne as said they haven't been abroad 

Why I don't know. 

So alot of these free that are any good playing out of England we are just not going to gamble on 

Shocking really get looking overseas. Derby 

Probably because we’ve had to rebuild the recruitment staff since administration.  The Head of Recruitment only started in the summer and Warne also said that they’re looking to improve the scouting network abroad.

15 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Probably because we’ve had to rebuild the recruitment staff since administration.  The Head of Recruitment only started in the summer and Warne also said that they’re looking to improve the scouting network abroad.

You're using facts and logic-that'll confuse a few on here!

I don’t think we will sign Gayle but if we did I think it’s a very similar reaction to this link as it was to the Jordan Rhodes link. Also a similar story for the player to that of Chris Martin. 

All three strikers were past bagsmen in the championship, then the goals dried up in the championship so Martin and Rhodes have dropped to league one and now can’t stop scoring. It wouldn’t surprise me if Gayle did the same thing if he was to drop to League one.

I do think Gayle would find space and get on the end of a lot of things in this division, could be a smart move for 6 months to help tie us over.

9 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I don’t think we will sign Gayle but if we did I think it’s a very similar reaction to this link as it was to the Jordan Rhodes link. Also a similar story for the player to that of Chris Martin. 

All three strikers were past bagsmen in the championship, then the goals dried up in the championship so Martin and Rhodes have dropped to league one and now can’t stop scoring. It wouldn’t surprise me if Gayle did the same thing if he was to drop to League one.

I do think Gayle would find space and get on the end of a lot of things in this division, could be a smart move for 6 months to help tie us over.

Worth noting as well Gayle was far better than Rhodes ever was, even at his prime. Age has always been a concern with these type of signings for me, but given this is the definition of a short-term signing, I think Gayle is about the best that's on offer- probably why it's maybe unrealistic to expect him to end up here?