Oxford United v Derby County

B4’s Sister

Did he manage to get through the post-match interview without having a pop at our own supporters or is he still got a bee in his bobble when it comes to criticism?

You're getting to get deserved praise when you do well, Paul. You're going to get deserved pelters when you don't. 

If I were Warne my observation tonight would be that the character, mentality, team-work and positivity was what got us back into the game. And that's due to the players I've brought to the club and the way I run things.

Been a fair bit of derision and sarcastic comments made about those statements he's made in the past. Tonight I think he can stick two fingers up at his detractors because we never gave up for a second.

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Did he manage to get through the post-match interview without having a pop at our own supporters or is he still got a bee in his bobble when it comes to criticism?

You're getting to get deserved praise when you do well, Paul. You're going to get deserved pelters when you don't. 

Seems an odd tone for you to take after such a good win? 

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

If I were Warne my observation tonight would be that the character, mentality, team-work and positivity was what got us back into the game. And that's due to the players I've brought to the club and the way I run things.

Been a fair bit of derision and sarcastic comments made about those statements he's made in the past. Tonight I think he can stick two fingers up at his detractors because we never gave up for a second.

Absolutely brilliant bit of business by Warne to sign none of the players who scored tonight.

I think Warne got it spot on tonight with the players he signed, as well as the players he inherited. But let's not rewrite history.

Been a day of surprises. Firstly, turns out RoyMac5 is actually a lady, then Derby give a promotion rival a two goal gift lead in 15 mins & storm back to win 2-3. These things inevitably come in threes so I'm expecting a statement confirming the Moon landings were fake shortly before midnight.

Massive kudos to the players for that turnaround but frankly, it would have been obscene if we hadn't have won - we were so much better than them throughout. Even between their first & second goal, we camped in their box for 5 mins with about 5 corners - they were there for the taking but easier said than done after the defensive brainfarts for their penalty & free kick.

Forsyth's goal was absolutely crucial, particularly the timing of it & Oxford's manner at the start of the second half was very much of a team that knew they were outclassed & needed to stem the flow by any means necessary. We went at them from the off and showed admirable patience, constantly recycling the ball but often just missing that final incisive ball - Kane Wilson had the best opportunity & really should have scored from 6 yards out. Thereafter, I thought we'd blown it but then on comes super Liam Thompson - my goodness, we've missed him. All of a sudden, the passes are crisp and the midfield energy returns - two beautiful crosses into the box later, we're 2-3 up and two LS12 Rams are going absolutely mental at the tellybox.

We're coming for you Pompy - Come on you mighty Rams 🖤🖤🖤🐏🐏🐏💪💪💪

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Bad form mate,get with the vibe 

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We're winning this

Annoyingly the universe had to decide between this and me winning the Euromillions. The universe picked the wrong option and now I've got to go back to work next week.

I hope you are all happy.

Having watched the match on RamsTV and thinking apart from 2 defensive errors, we had played ok in the 1st half., and been great 2nd half - I then read this thread and couldn’t help but laugh at many of the posts. It’s a shame only 2 posters have admitted they were out of order with their posts. It’s a shame a few more can’t eat humble pie and admit they were wrong.

Good job the team are made of sterner stuff!

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Find the posts I’ve made an arse of myself please? 

The drivel about corners for a start - and basically criticising Warne for playing the same starting eleven.

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Almost like playing the same team didn’t seem smart. 

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Imagine if we could take a decent corner. 

2 hours ago, Srg said:

It’s 2-0, they’re sitting back and letting it happen. They wouldn’t be playing like this otherwise. They know we aren’t dangerous despite our 74 corners. 

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Right lads, just get another 37 corners second half and we can get at least a point. 

Whilst you were by no means the knee-jerkiest offender, it's probably the repetition that made your comments stand out from many of the others.

Also, given your seeming desire for Barkhuizen to be consigned to the scrapheap (following brilliant performances in recent games), aren't you setting yourself up for a fall if he bags a brace on Monday?

Sorry if I come across as being a bit grumpy - just coming through my first-ever Covid episode has not put me in good humour - but The Rams have certainly helped me feel better.

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I don’t blame him.

@Caerphilly Ram has been gunning for him for months now.

It’s bound to take its toll.