Oxford United v Derby County

B4’s Sister

I think even if we hadn't won, even if we'd lost tonight, we'd have still walked away with our heads held high. We absolutely battered them, and that was one of those performances where I'd honestly have been ok with not winning. No shame in going down swinging. Definitely a strong amount of fight in this team that I think we lacked early on.

Credit to all involved. Players and Warne were spot on tonight.

15 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Absolutely brilliant bit of business by Warne to sign none of the players who scored tonight.

I think Warne got it spot on tonight with the players he signed, as well as the players he inherited. But let's not rewrite history.

TBF, Nyambe, Nelson, Wilson, Ward and JJ didn't score but they did make a difference tonight. At times, Nyambe just powered his way through challenges and Wilson didn't give them a moment's peace.

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

TBF, Nyambe, Nelson, Wilson, Ward and JJ didn't score but they did make a difference tonight. At times, Nyambe just powered his way through challenges and Wilson didn't give them a moment's peace.

Yeah, I agree. Everyone played their part tonight, but it's unfair to focus just on the signings made by Warne. They were all excellent. Warne included.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Oxford. Oxford embarrassed themselves this evening.

Agree but I’d say we embarrassed them, after gifting them a start, it almost feels after the game, like we were toying with them.

We completely forced them into giving the ball back most of the game; their embarrassment comes from our superiority - we were that good!