Derby vs Wycombe Wanderers

B4’s Sister

25 minutes ago, Returning ram said:

Sorry I really don't understand that rationale and just points to what the poster stated. Your saying that he hasn't posted because people saying the negativity is repetitive, then after the first dropped points in weeks...he puts a negative post.

Id put money on us dropping points in the future, surely you have to take the season as a collective group of games rather than individual.

The word 'perhaps' would suggest supposition. We can't know the reasons why someone hasn't posted, we can only guess.

I'm just saying it strikes me as the 'positive' posters having their cake and eating it, and that that the 'negative' posters can't really do right for doing wrong.

When we're doing well it's "shut up and stop the negativity!" so surely those averse to it should be happy that those voicing negative opinions have been quiet after positive results,  rather than laying in wait for them to voice negativity after a negative result and then using it against them? Can't have it both ways.

I agree about taking the season as a collective group of games, but the forum would basically be dead until the season has finished if everyone waited to see  how things planned out without commenting!

16 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Very angry and frustrated tonight!! Genuinely thought we’d done it with a scrappy 1-0 when not at our best playing a team of anti-footballers, then the penalty, right in front of me, absolutely no way in my view, she looked at the Lino who didn’t give then pointed to the spot anyway. I agree with those saying it’s a 2023 penalty but I’d also say it’s one that VAR would give one week then not give it the next. It was extremely soft but then poor defending from Ward and not for the first time today. 

As for Rebecca Welch, this is the third time she’s reffed us. She was excellent the first time, good the second, horrendous today. Managed the game really poorly making a rod for her own back with those early nonsensical yellow cards for Sibley and Mendez-Laing. The Collins Leahy (who is a proper Bamford by the way) handbags could’ve avoided 2 bookings easily, there were two challenges after then on Derby players which were stonewall yellow cards not given, ironically when the crowd shouted you don’t know what you’re doing after the Bird yellow, that decision was spot on, it was the poor decisions prior that contributed to ruining the game. The only time she was consistent was booking vokes for the same offence as Sibley, which then left her a problem when he booted a Derby player in the face, she could’ve easily sent Vokes off for two bookings but that would’ve been a bad call IMO. Genuinely thought she was a class act but take it all back after today, she’s as useless as the usual rabble of officials we get week in week out at this level. Definitely no worse, we’ve had worse refs this season. 

Thought we tried to play today but the players weren’t quite at it. Wildsmith Cashin Ward Hourihane Sibley all below par. Ward I thought really struggled and I’m surprised he stayed on.

Still unbeaten in 6, we were never going to win 10-12 in a row which we would need to do to get the results we want over Christmas and New Year where maximum points will be really useful to us. A win on Thursday sets us up nicely for some tricky Christmas fixtures.

Im not having a pop or looking for an argument .. cos have had enough of that for one night 

but just asking u genuinely, u say she was poor 

but the nml one was as sure as day yellow, the CH one was also the same .. aka overran it and launched recklessly into the challenge and the sibley one was sibley being his usual reckless self.. so no complaints on her there.

birds obviously was too

the collins / their fella one probably could have avoided yellows but lets be honest anytime players do that at any level its always “here a yellow each, now feck off” 

so its the pen, which tom barks has already said in interview “wardy got caught the wrong side and clipped him” and the nml where the defender played the ball and caught him on the follow through which shaun barker and rams tv didnt think it was either

i dont think she did a lot wrong tbh,  our players though … good grief

I didnt think we warranted more than a point but goes without saying gutted to not have walked away with more 

But onwards and upwards 

Edited by NottsRam77

Well DavesaRam is back. The ref was absolutely terrible today, with a load of contentious decisions. But she isn't the reason we threw two points way. The players have to hold their hands up, because they were far too ponderous in their play. But that in part may be because  Paul Warne regressed us to "Whack it wide and cross it". Why on earth would he do that?

Just about every time we got the ball, the only thing on our minds was to get it into the channels and sling crosses in - all match long. I think we mustered one shot from the central area of the pitch in the first half. So after all the flack he got after the Stevenage and Crewe games, it seemed he had listened to the criticisms and changed how we played, and we go on a long winning run. So why go back to a system that hadn't worked all season so far, for us?

Is that why Sibley, and to a lesser degree, Bird were ineffective? Sibley had to keep wandering over to almost the wing back position to get a chance of being given the ball. So the fact that we hardly created any clear chances all match long is actually no surprise. All Wycombe had to do was deal with an endless supply of hopeless crosses into their box. And our goal was a scruffy tap-in, rather than a goal created by good play.

Sadly, a number of people re happy with the yellow cards we were given, but seemed oblivious to the Wycombe players dropping down like they been snipered, and then rolling around like they were in an operating theatre without any anaesthetic. It was obvious that they were trying to get our players booked. I would have thought the the ref in doing her homework on the teams she was in charge of should know that this sort of skullduggery was a normal Wycombe skillset, but was taken in by it almost every time. Also, Wycombe players blatantly kicked the ball away 3 or 4 times before Vokes got booked for it, with one of those times before Sibley got his Christmas card. There was also the upending of Wilson, which was a clear card, but despite playing the advantage for us, then didn't book the offender afterwards. Perhaps she used the advantage to hide from her responsibilities. She certainly ducked them with Lyle Taylor, who spent the entire match not playing football. Every time he challenged for the ball, he either went for the man, or tried for the free-kick. On around 40 minutes he was comprehensively beaten by Cashin, so he fell to the floor holding his face, which is simulation, which is a yellow card. But not for Rebecca Welch. She ducked the foul on Wilson, which ended up with Collins getting his yellow card, but that was his own fault. Yes the Wycombe con man was feigning injury, but it was none of Collins business, so he should have stayed away, but Wycombe had done a job on him and he lost his temper. Ignoring the trip on NML, which was probably a good call, but JJ getting clattered in the box was either a penalty, or a corner, but she flunked out of that one, as she did when Bird was wrestled to the floor - that is two blatant penalties turned down, so it isn't only Warne who has reverted to type. She also ignored jumping straight into the back of JJ out on the touchline, with his knees hitting JJ's shoulder blades, so it wasn't a simple "coming together", it was yet another yellow card avoided.

My son and I were starting to consider trying our hand at the rush to get away tickets in the New Year, but if we are going to play like this again, is it worth it? We proved for most of the season that "wing it and whack it" doesn't work, and we have proved in recent games that playing football does work. So why go back to what doesn't work? It's your call, Paul Warne.

11 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Well DavesaRam is back. The ref was absolutely terrible today, with a load of contentious decisions. But she isn't the reason we threw two points way. The players have to hold their hands up, because they were far too ponderous in their play. But that in part may be because  Paul Warne regressed us to "Whack it wide and cross it". Why on earth would he do that?

Just about every time we got the ball, the only thing on our minds was to get it into the channels and sling crosses in - all match long. I think we mustered one shot from the central area of the pitch in the first half. So after all the flack he got after the Stevenage and Crewe games, it seemed he had listened to the criticisms and changed how we played, and we go on a long winning run. So why go back to a system that hadn't worked all season so far, for us?

Is that why Sibley, and to a lesser degree, Bird were ineffective? Sibley had to keep wandering over to almost the wing back position to get a chance of being given the ball. So the fact that we hardly created any clear chances all match long is actually no surprise. All Wycombe had to do was deal with an endless supply of hopeless crosses into their box. And our goal was a scruffy tap-in, rather than a goal created by good play.

Sadly, a number of people re happy with the yellow cards we were given, but seemed oblivious to the Wycombe players dropping down like they been snipered, and then rolling around like they were in an operating theatre without any anaesthetic. It was obvious that they were trying to get our players booked. I would have thought the the ref in doing her homework on the teams she was in charge of should know that this sort of skullduggery was a normal Wycombe skillset, but was taken in by it almost every time. Also, Wycombe players blatantly kicked the ball away 3 or 4 times before Vokes got booked for it, with one of those times before Sibley got his Christmas card. There was also the upending of Wilson, which was a clear card, but despite playing the advantage for us, then didn't book the offender afterwards. Perhaps she used the advantage to hide from her responsibilities. She certainly ducked them with Lyle Taylor, who spent the entire match not playing football. Every time he challenged for the ball, he either went for the man, or tried for the free-kick. On around 40 minutes he was comprehensively beaten by Cashin, so he fell to the floor holding his face, which is simulation, which is a yellow card. But not for Rebecca Welch. She ducked the foul on Wilson, which ended up with Collins getting his yellow card, but that was his own fault. Yes the Wycombe con man was feigning injury, but it was none of Collins business, so he should have stayed away, but Wycombe had done a job on him and he lost his temper. Ignoring the trip on NML, which was probably a good call, but JJ getting clattered in the box was either a penalty, or a corner, but she flunked out of that one, as she did when Bird was wrestled to the floor - that is two blatant penalties turned down, so it isn't only Warne who has reverted to type. She also ignored jumping straight into the back of JJ out on the touchline, with his knees hitting JJ's shoulder blades, so it wasn't a simple "coming together", it was yet another yellow card avoided.

My son and I were starting to consider trying our hand at the rush to get away tickets in the New Year, but if we are going to play like this again, is it worth it? We proved for most of the season that "wing it and whack it" doesn't work, and we have proved in recent games that playing football does work. So why go back to what doesn't work? It's your call, Paul Warne.

Lovely little synopsis Dave….but what do you really think 🤔 

10 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

Christ, it doesn’t take long for this place to become toxic does it? Forgettable game that seems to have released excessive testosterone across keyboards far and wide. Grow up the lot of you, before I bang your heads together!

We were bang average today and our game management was very poor, along with a slow tempo and not executing basic skills to a professional standard. But it’s 16 points from 18 so we can’t complain too much. The recruitment in the Jan Window is crucial to us gaining automatic promotion.

25 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Im not having a pop or looking for an argument .. cos have had enough of that for one night 

but just asking u genuinely, u say she was poor 

but the nml one was as sure as day yellow, the CH one was also the same .. aka overran it and launched recklessly into the challenge and the sibley one was sibley being his usual reckless self.. so no complaints on her there.

birds obviously was too

the collins / their fella one probably could have avoided yellows but lets be honest anytime players do that at any level its always “here a yellow each, now feck off” 

so its the pen, which tom barks has already said in interview “wardy got caught the wrong side and clipped him” and the nml where the defender played the ball and caught him on the follow through which shaun barker and rams tv didnt think it was either

i dont think she did a lot wrong tbh,  our players though … good grief

I didnt think we warranted more than a point but goes without saying gutted to not have walked away with more 

But onwards and upwards 

She did NOWT to address their timewasting or taking throwins or free kicks  well beyond the actual position. 

55 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

From what i saw The defender played the ball .. hence why it spead off to the edge of the box, then Caught nml

rams tv and shaun barker had no complaints either and unless iv missed it it wasnt brought up in the presser afterwards by PW or TB  

thats my clue 🤷

I couldn’t see from where I was in the west stand. May be it will be in the highlights and it will tie a few loose ends up.

8 minutes ago, DRBee said:

She did NOWT to address their timewasting or taking throwins or free kicks  well beyond the actual position. 

No she didnt… but shes not the first or last ref to not sort that out .. again at any level

im talking about the “big calls” in the game that we’re all talking about , the yellows, the pen , the not a pen etc 

12 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

We were bang average today and our game management was very poor, along with a slow tempo and not executing basic skills to a professional standard. But it’s 16 points from 18 so we can’t complain too much. The recruitment in the Jan Window is crucial to us gaining automatic promotion.

This 👏🏻👏🏻

Well I thought the ref was the best one in the division last year and I haven't changed my mind. I thought all the cards were reasonable, but I may have warned Sibley personally. There was a foul in the second half where she played a good advantage, but I thought there would be a yellow card afterwards that never arrived. I thought their penalty was correct and NML's didn't look like a foul. I may change my mind if I see it again though.  

A bit 'toys out the pram stuff' on here from a few tonight.

Until the last minute it was a standard recent performance. All very scruffy, but probably the slightly better team and nicking the result... then we balls it up.

Hopefully it's the kick up the backside we need because top 2 is on offer.

Wycombe are a horrible team. Niggley, time wasting and just launching it every single time they could. We played down to their level and way too many players were poor.

No disaster but a wasted chance to climb that table.

6 minutes ago, S6 boy said:

Well I thought the ref was the best one in the division last year and I haven't changed my mind. I thought all the cards were reasonable, but I may have warned Sibley personally. There was a foul in the second half where she played a good advantage, but I thought there would be a yellow card afterwards that never arrived. I thought their penalty was correct and NML's didn't look like a foul. I may change my mind if I see it again though.  

Problem is most people are blaming the ref to deflect away from the fact we played s****, no ifs or buts in my opinion 

Some on this forum amaze me. Just off the back of 5 straight wins and we come up against a cheating or should I say (playing the league one game well) and we get a draw. This forum goes into melt down. PW makes changes and we score. One moment at the end that we didn't deal with and they equalised.  No it wasn't pretty, it wasn't great. But we were awful in the first half so changes were made. We scored then we didn't contain them for 10 minutes.  How is that the managers fault?

1 minute ago, BathRam72 said:

Some on this forum amaze me. Just off the back of 5 straight wins and we come up against a cheating or should I say (playing the league one game well) and we get a draw. This forum goes into melt down. PW makes changes and we score. One moment at the end that we didn't deal with and they equalised.  No it wasn't pretty, it wasn't great. But we were awful in the first half so changes were made. We scored then we didn't contain them for 10 minutes.  How is that the managers fault?

Does it really amaze you?

I could have predicted the same names cropping up with their rhetoric as sure as night follows day.