Derby County vs Stevenage (A) Match Thread

Idiakez

3 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Why sad? I don’t get why it’s sad. 

He’s dragging our beloved club to its knees and he’s hiding from the facts. 

He needs to walk away from a club that’s already had a rough 3 years. But instead he will wait to have a good proportion of his remaining 3 years paid off and walk straight into another job. 

Please don’t feel sad, feel mad instead. 

Thought you said earlier it’s already happening and he’s getting sacked? 

Edited by Barney1991

3 hours ago, Matchday Fred said:

it’s all on you Warne. Just all too cosy and comfortable at the moment. Warne’s ambition is purely personal and financial. He wants dog walks, pub lunches, an easy life, laugh with the lads during training, no acrimony, jog with his son, more bobble hats, ego stroking etc. clowes was daft enough to give him a 4 year contract. Great business man that.

You have a very short memory me owd. Slagging Mr Clowes off after he saved the club from extinction ? Poor form, very, very poor form. 

You a multi-millionaire are ya…? Thought not. 

In one of his post match Interviews PW again, as per after the Shrewsbury game, identifies that he wants more aggression from the players (no mention of playing actual football). Apart from setting about them with some boxing gloves before he sends them out he doesn't know how he can achieve this.

How about we reverse the time line and he sends the players into our fans for a bit of an argument and scrap during the warm up pre match to rile them up, then they might be in the right frame of mind to get stuck into the opposition during the game.

The other point about this is I wonder if asking for more aggression leads to more free kicks, like the two we conceded goals from today, although I want to analyse the footage frame by frame tomorrow as from where I was standing they looked like further travesties of justice just like the penalty we weren't awarded.

27 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

That's my main issue I think, his inability to see (or unwillingness to admit) that we're pretty terrible in most games. It insults the intelligence of our fans to suggest otherwise. Unlike Warne, we've seen some brilliant football being played at Derby, and we know what it looks like. His post match interviews are like reading 1984.

Paul Warne told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was his final, most essential command.

We’re probably lower in the league that we we’re in 1984

Just back, horrible journey home in torrential rain added to our woes.  Hope everyone else made it home safely.

Another good away day ruined by the football.  The gutting thing is that it was a game we should have got something from, but somehow we managed to shoot ourselves in the foot, giving away and conceding from two avoidable free kicks. Some really poor displays particularly Fozzie, Hourihane and Wildsmith. Another must win game on Tuesday following another poor away performance - Didn't we do this last week? what a load of cobblers!

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Also seen one or two referencing “clownes”, this is also bang out of order. We owe him enormously. He’s just a fan like us who had the wherewithal to do what we would all do. Despite seemingly getting wrong with warne he’s still our saviour 

Yes Bramcote, for all he may have got the wrong choice with Warne and some may harp back to Rosenoir being given more time; despite not liking what I’m seeing, I do understand why he went for a guy that’s had 3 promotion! 

Unfortunately it not working, but those with short memories should remember what David Clowes did for this club, when others were doing nothing.

1 minute ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I'm not sure how last seasons position dictates what success would be this season. It just means Warne has failed two seasons in a row.

Why are you listing Bolton, Barnsley and Peterborough like they're amazing teams that it's natural we'd finish behind? We were the odds on favourites for promotion at the start of the season. 

If you think the players aren't good enough that's your opinion, which I disagree with. But if they're not good enough, isn't that partly Warnes fault as well?

I think these players are good enough to finish in the top six, but I don’t think we have strengthened enough to finish in the top two. Results and consistency levels so far tend to reflect that.

I will readily admit Warne is also at fault. We should be comfortably in the top six, not having to win games in hand to sneak in there.

Things have to improve, whoever is in charge. But top two was always a tough ask because there are other competitive sides in the division who also spent the summer trying to improve.

18 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I think these players are good enough to finish in the top six, but I don’t think we have strengthened enough to finish in the top two. Results and consistency levels so far tend to reflect that.

I will readily admit Warne is also at fault. We should be comfortably in the top six, not having to win games in hand to sneak in there.

Things have to improve, whoever is in charge. But top two was always a tough ask because there are other competitive sides in the division who also spent the summer trying to improve.

I'm not sure there's much point arguing with you about the players because its your opinion. However, in my opinion Cashin is one of the best CBs in the league, who almost signed for PL Brighton. Bird is the best midfielder in the league who only didn't sign for Hull because of an injury.  Nyambe, Nelson and NML are some of the best in their positions. Waghorn has 6 goals in 12 games but for some reason isn't playing much. Even players like Fornah were playing impressively in the Championship least season.

Do you still think we should give Warne half the season like you were saying a few weeks ago?

10 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Even players like Fornah were playing impressively in the Championship least season.

How many of our squad weren’t playing regularly in the championship before they joined us? Bearing in mind that the likes of Cashin and Forsyth were doing it for us, I suspect it’s not many.  NML and Ward are 2, but both were regulars are League One promotion candidates.

4 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

So you don’t set up the team in a way that requires them to mix it to win. You set up so those guys pass the other team to death.

This exactly....I've always been told good football will beat physical teams , you have to be tough still of course especially in this division and have an element of physicality  but a good prem or championship  side for example wouldn't be worried about playing Stevenage and wouldn't make excuses if they lost saying it was because they wasn't physical enough lol  as they would have the opposition chasing shadows ...

This is the whole point some see it that we should be more like a L1 side and mix it more and have more L1 traits  but some see it that we should play like a decent level side and build something more sustainable should we ever get promoted and thats where i am with it 

2 minutes ago, S8TY said:

This exactly....I've always been told good football will beat physical teams , you have to be tough still of course especially in this division and have an element of physicality  but a good prem or championship  side for example wouldn't be worried about playing Stevenage and wouldn't make excuses if they lost saying it was because they wasn't physical enough lol  as they would have the opposition chasing shadows ...

This is the whole point some see it that we should be more like a L1 side and mix it more and have more L1 traits  but some see it that we should play like a decent level side and build something more sustainable should we ever get promoted and thats where i am with it 

I don’t disagree of course, but more than anything, just get your players doing what they’re good at, and not doing what they’re bad at.  If we had a team full of lower league cloggers then yeah ok, get them trying to out kick/out run/out fight the other team. But we don’t have that at all, even with all the summer signings.  We’ve arguably got the best set of midfielder passers in the league, so sodding-well use them.

19 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

How many of our squad weren’t playing regularly in the championship before they joined us? Bearing in mind that the likes of Cashin and Forsyth were doing it for us, I suspect it’s not many.  NML and Ward are 2, but both were regulars are League One promotion candidates.

Not including reserve players, only really Wilson, Wildsmith, Waghorn and John-Jules.

1 hour ago, Raich Carter said:

You have a very short memory me owd. Slagging Mr Clowes off after he saved the club from extinction ? Poor form, very, very poor form. 

You a multi-millionaire are ya…? Thought not. 

Warne has not worked out that’s obvious and these things happen in football but giving Clowes stick ? We simply wouldn’t have a club to support. Having said that please sack him 🤣🐑🐑🐑

36 minutes ago, S8TY said:

100% agree if you try and play the right way in this division we would be to good for most of this lot but we are stooping to some League one teams game plans and we aren’t very good at it. 

4 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Ipswich recognized it just wasn’t working under Paul Cook - a manager with a decent reputation and who many thought would get Ipswich going. It just never worked out for him there.

Paul Warne isn’t a bad manager. But what he is trying here just won’t work. The fans won’t accept it. Technical footballers won’t accept it. We have to get rid and bring in a manager who will look at our better players and play to their strengths.

Getting rid of Liam Rosenior was an awful lack of judgement.

Keeping Warne would be even worse.

OK. You and I had some great friendly banter on here many many years back under a different guise.

From purely a business perspective of which DCFC is; how would you propose the owner goes about replacing PW and bringing in a whole new different management team from the financial angle?

There are just a tonne of things to take into consideration.

Paul Warnes interviews are so cringe. WTAF - so embarrassing that he takes zero accountability. He’s gone from Cheesey self indulgent and unfunny to petulant, clueless and a total mardarse. 

my team don’t fight like dogs .. no paul .. had you ever seen Connor Hourihane or max bird play before? 

we have a soft underbelly .. nope I think you do you little princess who has to keep jibing the fans in interviews who are sick to death of watching pure sh@te .. but you want us to keep clapping? 

what a shame you didn’t decide to grow when you came here. I guess that’s what DC had hoped for. 

you and Richie can blame the fans and players all you want. You must hate it. You don’t know what to do about it and you are banging yours, the players and our heads against a brick wall. 

Supported this team since the days of Peter Taylor and have never been so against a manager.. even Phil Brown! 

This club, our club is not for you I’m afraid. There will be clubs for you. You can’t fluke three promotions. Our club though isn’t for you. You are not for our club.

if someone else comes in now they have time to work with the squad and assess if they would like to amend it in January. 

we don’t need someone with three promotions (though I totally get the logic) we just need someone to allow these players to play. We have all seen that when they rebel and play football these guys can score goals. 

I’ve never managed a team whose fans are against the players … we’re not against them you …. It’s you we’ are against. clapping the fans  from near the dug out .. you are so petty and cheap. You begrudge the fans… and your football is crap. 
so as I said our club is not for you. You are not for our club. 

3 minutes ago, norwichram said:

Paul Warnes interviews are so cringe. WTAF - so embarrassing that he takes zero accountability. He’s gone from Cheesey self indulgent and unfunny to petulant, clueless and a total mardarse. 

my team don’t fight like dogs .. no paul .. had you ever seen Connor Hourihane or max bird play before? 

we have a soft underbelly .. nope I think you do you little princess who has to keep jibing the fans in interviews who are sick to death of watching pure sh@te .. but you want us to keep clapping? 

what a shame you didn’t decide to grow when you came here. I guess that’s what DC had hoped for. 

you and Richie can blame the fans and players all you want. You must hate it. You don’t know what to do about it and you are banging yours, the players and our heads against a brick wall. 

Supported this team since the days of Peter Taylor and have never been so against a manager.. even Phil Brown! 

This club, our club is not for you I’m afraid. There will be clubs for you. You can’t fluke three promotions. Our club though isn’t for you. You are not for our club.

if someone else comes in now they have time to work with the squad and assess if they would like to amend it in January. 

we don’t need someone with three promotions (though I totally get the logic) we just need someone to allow these players to play. We have all seen that when they rebel and play football these guys can score goals. 

I’ve never managed a team whose fans are against the players … we’re not against them you …. It’s you we’ are against. clapping the fans  from near the dug out .. you are so petty and cheap. You begrudge the fans… and your football is crap. 
so as I said our club is not for you. You are not for our club. 

Anyone remembering his misery interview when we stayed up and he was "very disappointed" we'd stayed up instead of Sheff Wednesday shouldn't be surprised. 

I believe Rotherham went down that year, despite having a phenomenal 15 points to play for to make up only two points on us when went about 10 games without a win.  They didn't manage it.