Derby County vs Stevenage (A) Match Thread

Idiakez

15 minutes ago, norwichram said:

Paul Warnes interviews are so cringe. WTAF - so embarrassing that he takes zero accountability. He’s gone from Cheesey self indulgent and unfunny to petulant, clueless and a total mardarse. 

my team don’t fight like dogs .. no paul .. had you ever seen Connor Hourihane or max bird play before? 

we have a soft underbelly .. nope I think you do you little princess who has to keep jibing the fans in interviews who are sick to death of watching pure sh@te .. but you want us to keep clapping? 

what a shame you didn’t decide to grow when you came here. I guess that’s what DC had hoped for. 

you and Richie can blame the fans and players all you want. You must hate it. You don’t know what to do about it and you are banging yours, the players and our heads against a brick wall. 

Supported this team since the days of Peter Taylor and have never been so against a manager.. even Phil Brown! 

This club, our club is not for you I’m afraid. There will be clubs for you. You can’t fluke three promotions. Our club though isn’t for you. You are not for our club.

if someone else comes in now they have time to work with the squad and assess if they would like to amend it in January. 

we don’t need someone with three promotions (though I totally get the logic) we just need someone to allow these players to play. We have all seen that when they rebel and play football these guys can score goals. 

I’ve never managed a team whose fans are against the players … we’re not against them you …. It’s you we’ are against. clapping the fans  from near the dug out .. you are so petty and cheap. You begrudge the fans… and your football is crap. 
so as I said our club is not for you. You are not for our club. 

Are you okay, man?

I think when Warne loses the away support, who have been historically staunch and during the troubles, were the best fanbase in the entire EFL, very swiftly his position becomes unsustainable, but what none of us know, is whether we can afford to let him go. With his staff, I'd wager the contingency some fans believe we have tucked up our sleeves would need to be somewhere between two and three million quid. I've no doubt Clowes has it, though whether he'd want to spend it is a different matter. What does give me pause for thought is whether the business plan would allow for what would be a hugely significant uplift in our wage bill. It's not just the hit we take on Warne, it's the cost of the new manager too. 

Edited by Comrade 86

7 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

I think when Warne loses the away support, who have been historically staunch and during the troubles, were the best fanbase in the entire EFL, very swiftly his position becomes unsustainable, but what none of us know, is whether we can afford to let him go. With his staff, I'd wager the contingency some fans believe we have tucked up our sleeves would need to be somewhere between two and three million quid. I've no doubt Clowes has it, though whether he'd want to spend it is a different matter. What does give me pause for thought is whether the business plan would allow for what would be a hugely significant uplift in our wage bill. It's not just the hit we take on Warne, it's the cost of the new manager too. 

I'm hoping as a business man Mr Clowes has factored in the cost of making a change if required

I'd be quite worried if he gave Warne and his team a 4 year deal and then thought " hope it works out or we're stuck with him for 4 years "

FWIW I don't think it will cost much more to put his team on gardening leave paying him until the end of the season ( so no change in outgoings ) and then bring Colin in for the rest of the season as I can't imagine he would cost that much and he's always said he'd love to manage us....the cost would be smaller than we think and i really think he'd have us really going for it ....would also give us some entertainment watching him on the touchline lol ....just a thought

Edited by S8TY

2 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Why sad? I don’t get why it’s sad. 

He’s dragging our beloved club to its knees and he’s hiding from the facts. 

He needs to walk away from a club that’s already had a rough 3 years. But instead he will wait to have a good proportion of his remaining 3 years paid off and walk straight into another job. 

Please don’t feel sad, feel mad instead. 

Don't be so melodramatic 

8 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I'm hoping as a business man Mr Clowes has factored in the cost of making a change if required

I'd be quite worried if he gave Warne and his team a 4 year deal and then thought " hope it works out or we're stuck with him for 4 years "

FWIW I don't think it will cost much more to put his team on gardening leave paying him until the end of the season ( so no change in outgoings ) and then bring Colin in for the rest of the season as I can't imagine he would cost that much and he's always said he'd love to manage us....the cost would be smaller than we think and i really think he'd have us really going for it ....would also give us some entertainment watching him on the touchline lol ....just a thought

Pay off Warne and keep the rest.  I doubt they stay.  The other option is too shift them out on their monthly salary to avoid paying such a large sum out, spread it over the contract and bring in someone else.  That situation would likely last a couple of months till they had 'permission' to talk to another club.  Warne and his friends ego wouldn't allow themselves to be out the spotlight for a long period.

2 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I'm not sure there's much point arguing with you about the players because its your opinion. However, in my opinion Cashin is one of the best CBs in the league, who almost signed for PL Brighton. Bird is the best midfielder in the league who only didn't sign for Hull because of an injury.  Nyambe, Nelson and NML are some of the best in their positions. Waghorn has 6 goals in 12 games but for some reason isn't playing much. Even players like Fornah were playing impressively in the Championship least season.

Do you still think we should give Warne half the season like you were saying a few weeks ago?

This is the rubbish that is still being touted. Not play football but kick the opposition harder!!! Street-fighting, they played better football. 😄 All we could do was keep lobbing the ball into their box. What a tactical genius Warne is!

Edited by RoyMac5

That was a painful watch, on the positive side my attempt to balance the mental pain with physical pain on my excercise bike seems to be improving my cardio fitness. (Before any properly fit people comment on my poor figures I'm mid fifties and 17 1/2 stone)

strava.PNG.005422eb089163f7e6a41efb111ceefe.PNG

I like Warne, he seems a good man manager, but is a one trick pony setting the team up max effort and an end to end game. His trick isn't working as we are the team everyone wants to play and beat, as proven by Evans pre match comments, and teams are prepared to sit in to prevent an open game. The opposition always seems to be full effort against us, and we seem to have a sucession of referees keen to prove they are willing to give decisions against a big team.

He is surely one bad home performance and result away from a rendition of ‘you don’t know what you’re doing’. When that happens, it’s curtains.

I don’t know of many managers who have come back from having a large portion of the fans against them.

Hassenhuttl at Southampton came back from a 0-9 home defeat but that was more a one-off as opposed to constant underperforming. 

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is the rubbish that is still being touted. Not play football but kick the opposition harder!!! Street-fighting, they played better football. 😄 All we could do was keep lobbing the ball into their box. What a tactical genius Warne is!

Agree completely, its absoluute bull s***

we invite chances and opportunities to the opposition because of the lack of footballing ability. 

wilson runningn the ball out play, then 4 mins later trying to pass to foz over cooking it straight out of play, barkhauzen last week was offside about 5 times in as many minutes, CH stupid foul for the free kick for their goal this week.

their just stand out highlights of ineptness but the team constantly miss place /overcook passes, lose their men, get caught wrongside, mis control a pass, lay a ball off straight to the opposition. 

Thats nothing to do with grit, its sheer lack of ability. Tbf to warne these are fundamental basics that u would expect from professional footballers. So while his tactics are hugely to blame u also have to ask .. like we have done so so so many times at this club are the players really as good as weve built them up to be.

remember a good wack were signed last season with 2 weeks to go in the window meaning basically they were the s*** no one else wanted, the last batch. Were still under a business plan, maybe were still hamstrung a little.. the likes of kane, elder and nelson were all shown the door by pretty average clubs 

I honestly think we have got the players that are capable to do so much better if they were played in the right positions and told to play football.

Forget this b******* about been aggressive, just play football!!!

For example.. barks and NML have bags of pace so use it, 

CH further up pitch to create rather than having 100 touch’s infront of the back 4

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

This just shows what Warne is all about we get beat playing very little football and his answer is run more be more physical etc how about try and play some football ? I’m sick of this garbage being served up.