Derby County vs Stevenage (A) Match Thread

Idiakez

The show goes on… for me at least as the match thread poster.

7th vs 8th in League One. Stevenage have 1 win in their last 6 league games, having drawn the last 2. A late equaliser from a certain Chris Martin stopping them from a good win in Bristol last time out. Managed by Steve Evans you know what you’re going to get, much like he does when he steps foot in the chippy, so expect a tight game. Stevenage have picked up more points away from home than they have at Broadhall Way (had to google that) so perhaps not as tricky as it could be, however this is Derby after all. Off the back of a very steady 2-0 win does Warne keep the handbrake off and leave us top heavy or go back to playing as many holding midfielders as physically possible? Tune in Saturday at 2pm to find out. 

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Same starting 11

Wildsmith

Nyambe   Nelson   Cashin   Forsyth

Hourihane

Wilson   Sibley   Bird   Mendez-Laing

Waghorn

Subs: Bradley, Ward, Barkhuizen, Smith, Fornah, Washington, Collins

No keeper on the bench 🤔

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The chances of needing to use a sub keeper are very small. I'd rather have Ward on the bench to give us a different option if needed.

The chances of needing to use a sub keeper are always very low but the consequences if you need one but haven’t got one the bench are immense. It would be insane not to name a sub keeper.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

The chances of needing to use a sub keeper are always very low but the consequences if you need one but haven’t got one the bench are immense. It would be insane not to name a sub keeper.

I like to live dangerously. If only we still had Jagielka as an emergency keeper 😅

Wildsmith 

nyambe   Nelson  cashin  forysth

Fornah

Wilson     Bird      Houriane   NML  

Collins

I think fornah or smith will come in for sibley to bolster the midfield and can see Collins upfront away from home.

back 4 are set in stone now unless there is a injury 

Anyone looking for a decent pub I can reccomend The Chequers Beerhouse in the High Street. They have a good selection of real ales and cask ciders and there will be food trucks outside. It's a 10 minute walk from the station and about 25 minutes to the ground from here. That's where I will be from about 12

Edited by StevenageRam

23 hours ago, Oldben said:

Actually a bit of Fergie psychology going on here. It sounds like he got a bad decision, and is loading the dice for the next match.

So dodgy decision(s) against Derby incoming. Not that his whinging was going to change that. But hey ho!

3 hours ago, Sidd10 said:

Decent interview from Stevenage boss on their Youtube:

Speaks highly of Derby as a club and squad. Also speak highly of Paul Warne, which might help his confidence if he's been reading this forum lately. 🤣

Derby speak around 5:30 onwards.

Not sure what the bugle is about

Some of our away following are quite partial to the bugle 🤷‍♂️