Derby v Blackpool (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

Our bench tonight was stupidly strong for this level, Warne himself said its the best bench he has had ever as manager.

Hopefully we will have Ward & TJJ to add to it soon who could be the keys to improving our home form. Warne said that he signed TJJ for games like Sat where teams sit in against us as he can make the difference.

Back to tonight, I think most fans would have taken 4 points from Sat & tonight.

32 minutes ago, SSD said:

Some big positives to come out of the three games.

A settled back four, conceded one goal in three games. Nyambe is Warne's best signing by a country mile. Man mountain at the back.

Much more control on the ball and retaining possession a lot better. Having Bird back is a massive plus and even though he wasn't fully fit, some great touches. Smith's goal took his performance up another level.

Both of our main strikers scoring goals.

Another beer before bed 🍻

I bet that’s Warne’s fault as well!

4 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

To quote Roy Walker “Say what you see”. 

I’ll continue to give my initial reaction to the line up positive or negative despite tonight’s embarrassment.

I wouldn't expect otherwise.

Just expect to be called out for your negativity likewise when the scenario of doom doesn't unfold in reality.

3 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

Oh, and here's a thought...Fornah is the key player for us. He's that destructive hard running midfielder we've been crying out for and he has a touch of quality too. He is...ahem...the new DPFG, and he taking us up.

Quote me, Screenshot etc...

You realise you've just done his ACL there, don't you?

13 minutes ago, David said:

Think people are just enjoying the win, not sure why that would frustrate you.

Do you not think on the flip side it's frustrating to see the team being written off pre match without a ball being kicked?

Many I'm sure would admit everything isn't sunshine and roses, nor is it the disaster some make it out to be.

Yeah I probably was overly negative on reflection just was surprised with some of the comments after seeing us play on Saturday. Left feeling angry after how we played 2nd half. 

On the positive side I am pleased to see Waghorn and Collins score so many so far this season and see how good Fornah and Nymabe are in their positions who are imo the best summer signings unless John Jules turns out amazing. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99
Can't spell properly

24 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

4 wins from 5 away from home is outstanding for balance , but feel like in our next home game vs Exeter I think it is we need a change of approach and mentality to ensure we are as effective going forward when we have to build from deep and don't have space in behind.  Found it worrying Warne thought Saturday was a good performance and Radio Derby agreed, when we play at home our midfield need to take more responsibility and risk and we need to put less balls from deep into the box not more and play more savy going forwards. 

Sort of agree with this. We get more space away, as teams come at us and it’s easier to counter attack and open them up; the 3rd goal being prime example.

The level of negativity pre game was a bit poor on here, some should at least give Warne and the team a chance; the fans h there did.

He’s got to go a long way to win me over, but aside from riding our luck with the cross bar at 2-1, tonight was a more than decent performance. Maybe you’re right, we need to draw. teams onto at home, as away were clearly effective on the counter.

11 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Yeah I probably was overly negative on reflection just was surprised with some of the comments after seeing us play on Saturday. Left feeling angry after how we played 2nd half. 

On the positive side I am pleased to see Waghorn and Collins score so many so far this season and see how good Fornah and Nymabe are in their positions who are imo the best summer signings unless John Jules turns out amazing. 

I was at Saturday's game and to my mind it was a decent performance just lacking an end product and I said this at the time....it was far better than we had been playing recently and was a building block for tonight's game.

25 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Our bench tonight was stupidly strong for this level, Warne himself said its the best bench he has had ever as manager.

Hopefully we will have Ward & TJJ to add to it soon who could be the keys to improving our home form. Warne said that he signed TJJ for games like Sat where teams sit in against us as he can make the difference.

Back to tonight, I think most fans would have taken 4 points from Sat & tonight.

I would taken all 6 points but 4 points will do.

Defence played well - determined, committed and strong

midfield all played well

Forwards either assisted or scored

One swallow does not a summer make but we played some football two games in a row and we won very ugly at Carlisle which is fine - feeling good/better tonight I hope this continues 

safe journey home those that went

DTID

Edited by norwichram

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

anyone got a stat for how many times we've been saved by the woodwork this season? Seems like it's almost once every game😅

Yes. the answer is zero times. The goal is 24' x 8', measured from the inside of the posts and crossbar. So, if the opposition hit the frame of the goal, we've 'been saved' by their inability to hit the target.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Oh god, Sonny Bradley on and three at the back.

Calamity incoming 

Hope you noticed him win every subsequent header that came into the box? Maybe another confidence boost he needs

Not calling you out, he’s looked poor, probably because he’s rusty from the lack of games last year, but these little cameos at the end of the game are helping. If Curtis Davis had been coming on last season in similar circumstances, most fans would’ve said smart move. 

With time, he may look a rock solid performer at this level and he’s starting to show his credentials in snippets; just need to be aware of his lack of pace.

I predicted a 0-0 and parted with some £ sterling to watch Rams TV

Classic away performance I thought. Rode our luck at times in defence. Created some openings as well. Had a number of breaks where we attacked in equal numbers to the Blackpool defenders.

Couldn't really describe us as controlling the game. Blackpool didn't look up to much tbh

I could see how roles could be reversed had we been at home. Bit of huff and puff, then defenders getting caught out.....

And Rhodes is a donkey.