Derby v Blackpool (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

The goals against Lincoln and last night proves this side has it in them at this level to play football!! Not the turgid get it wide and cross it!! This squad of players have not been performing. Ive said it time and time again. Look at our bench last night. I understand a couple of players are back from injury but that doesnt gloss over we have been underperforming massively. Top 2 should be the aim and dont let anybody tell you any different. Get that ball moving,get good movement and this side is top 2. Best games from Collins and Smith they have played in a Derby shirt. 

10 hours ago, Loughborough Ram said:

Just looking forward, staggeringly Cheltenham haven't scored a league goal this season. 

Could we really string a couple of wins together, make it unbeaten in 5 games with 11 points from 15.

Crickey we really are close to crisis point!

Bookies are offering 11-1 on a nil nil 😉

10 hours ago, Ilsonram12 said:

That was more like it, system worked a treat, just need to transform it to home form but I get what warnes getting at if we played like that at home counter attacking etc

Works for that little red team down the road though....

Yep , but we are not playing Man City or Arsenal so the home fans expect us to dominate against the worst bunch of teams ever to come to PP for a league game . But I would take counter- attacking football away from home all day long.

11 hours ago, DanS1992 said:

I highly doubt that any rams fan would revel in the team losing games, but hey, feel free to think that. 

I am sure they don’t, it was just that someone made a caustic post that reflected on doomsayers, reasonable in the circumstances, and then someone else said what’s the point of the post. I simply stated what seemed to me to be the reasons for the caustic post. From my point of view, while I accept we are all on the same side, there are those who are the reverse of “happy clappy” they can find a cloud and persist in wringing it out. 

2 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

Oh, at a guess, I’d say it’s because that’s how they treat him 

It's still a daft thing to say. If he's got a problem with the way home fans have reacted to recent home performances then him and the players should have done a better job. All he's doing here is reinforcing a 'well we struggle at home because of the pressure the crowd puts on us' narrative, when what he should be doing is working to dispel that by having us play better football at Pride Park.

11 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Sort of agree with this. We get more space away, as teams come at us and it’s easier to counter attack and open them up; the 3rd goal being prime example.

The level of negativity pre game was a bit poor on here, some should at least give Warne and the team a chance; the fans h there did.

He’s got to go a long way to win me over, but aside from riding our luck with the cross bar at 2-1, tonight was a more than decent performance. Maybe you’re right, we need to draw. teams onto at home, as away were clearly effective on the counter.

Basically DeZerbi style football then.