Post Cambridge Warne Out Poll

IslandExile

When should we part with Warne?  

316 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Really , what short memories some supporters have ! We are defending well ,creating chances however the one thing we lack is a Hector like goal poacher.If we could just find a gem to snap up some of the chances we are creating l feel we would be at least top three.Who could do better than Warne ?

30 minutes ago, old tray boy said:

Really , what short memories some supporters have ! We are defending well ,creating chances however the one thing we lack is a Hector like goal poacher.If we could just find a gem to snap up some of the chances we are creating l feel we would be at least top three.Who could do better than Warne ?

All we need is a player in the same mould as our greatest ever goalscorer and we'll be fine.

23 hours ago, ramit said:

Getting rid of Warne now means paying up his remaining contract.  No one here can possibly expect Clowes to fork out the cash for that, so it comes down to the fans to put their money where their mouths are.  Get a collection started and do it.  No? 

No

10 minutes ago, MickD said:

Enough of these stupid polls

And enough of those people who say the same thing as several posters before them.

And enough of people who don't like polls but still read and reply on threads with polls.

And enough of people with no sense of humour (admittedly the joke was spoilt when @Boycie unnecessarily added the third option).

Oh yeah, and enough of Warne - decent bloke and all that but tactically "incompatible" with the values I hold for football.

4 hours ago, plymouthram said:

We played Cambridge, who missed relegation by one point last season, we should be beating teams of their standards if we want to be in the promotion mix. Especially at home where under Warne we have only won 2 league games since the begining of March. Yes that 11 matches with just 2 wins, both a miserly 1-0 result.

That’s relevant to my post how?

How GIF

Every time that I have seen a club sign a lot of new players in one go, the club has struggled in the first half of the season. We were always going to be inconsistent to start with and won't properly gel until Christmas.

I've also read that posters are convinced that we have a big budget. I don't believe that to be the case. We're restricted by the business plan and several of the signings at the start of last season are likely to be on relatively high wages. I'd suggest that Warne's budget has been very mid-table. Of course none of us will actually find out until the accounts surface. 

I'm concerned that Warne appears unable to get the team to play in the style that he describes, but I honestly think that many of his more vocal critics are being somewhat unrealistic. Warne has been hamstrung by the business plan and the need to add so many players. IMO, most managers would finding things tough.

Success this season will look like being in the top half as we go into 2024 and then being the best team in the league in the last half of the season.

The only problem is that I don't think Warne will survive to see the upturn. I've never seen a manager remain at Derby County for more than a few days after loosing the fans. IMO, Warne is only one abject performance away from match day protests and our situation almost guarantees that at least one of the next three games will see a poor performance. My prediction is Warne will be gone in the next fortnight. 

Ridiculously, I can see McClaren coming in and actually getting us promoted.  

4 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Every time that I have seen a club sign a lot of new players in one go, the club has struggled in the first half of the season. We were always going to be inconsistent to start with and won't properly gel until Christmas.

I've also read that posters are convinced that we have a big budget. I don't believe that to be the case. We're restricted by the business plan and several of the signings at the start of last season are likely to be on relatively high wages. I'd suggest that Warne's budget has been very mid-table. Of course none of us will actually find out until the accounts surface. 

I'm concerned that Warne appears unable to get the team to play in the style that he describes, but I honestly think that many of his more vocal critics are being somewhat unrealistic. Warne has been hamstrung by the business plan and the need to add so many players. IMO, most managers would finding things tough.

Success this season will look like being in the top half as we go into 2024 and then being the best team in the league in the last half of the season.

The only problem is that I don't think Warne will survive to see the upturn. I've never seen a manager remain at Derby County for more than a few days after loosing the fans. IMO, Warne is only one abject performance away from match day protests and our situation almost guarantees that at least one of the next three games will see a poor performance. My prediction is Warne will be gone in the next fortnight. 

Ridiculously, I can see McClaren coming in and actually getting us promoted.  

What do you think our club wage budget is? Midtable (12th / 13th) would put us at around £6m

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

What do you think our club wage budget is? Midtable (12th / 13th) would put us at around £6m

My feeling is that the wage budget is around £6m. That was the budget in administration, but that was in the Championship. We'll have been able to increase the percentage against turnover,  but projected turnover will be lower, so ending with the same budget.

Hourihane, Mendez-Laing, Collins, Smith, Barkhuizen and and possibly Wildsmith are all likely to be on more than average, so it's likely that the first £2m is already spoken for.

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Most Rams fans think that “We are Massive”. But we spend like a League 1 bottom half team . As Warne is the one taking all the flak, I would have thought David Clowes could come out and explain the situation to us all , to take some heat off Paul.

10 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Most Rams fans think that “We are Massive”. But we spend like a League 1 bottom half team . As Warne is the one taking all the flak, I would have thought David Clowes could come out and explain the situation to us all , to take some heat off Paul.

We have a top 6 budget.