Post Cambridge Warne Out Poll

IslandExile

When should we part with Warne?  

316 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

All we know is that the owner says we have 'a good budget for League 1'. 

We know a little more than that.

We don't know exact figures but most of our players have played in the championship or higher directly before coming to us or played in the championship with us.

On reflection after a couple of sleeps , sat was frustrating, though we were in total control we created very little and were wasteful with the few good situations we did create , if nml lang chooses right in the first few minutes we score and it’s a different game , games like Cambridge happen with any style of play and under better managers than warne , qpr at Wembley springs to mind

1 hour ago, Archied said:

On reflection after a couple of sleeps , sat was frustrating, though we were in total control we created very little and were wasteful with the few good situations we did create , if nml lang chooses right in the first few minutes we score and it’s a different game , games like Cambridge happen with any style of play and under better managers than warne , qpr at Wembley springs to mind

So basically because we didn't take that one chance we were not able to create other good chances? I'm assuming you mean only in 'a different game' do we create chances? You do know that in a different game the other team may also play differently in response? They've scored quite a few goals, maybe they score two and win?! 

Edited by RoyMac5

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So basically because we didn't take that one chance we were not able to create other good chances? I'm assuming you mean only in 'a different game' do we create chances? You do know that in a different game the other team may also play differently in response? They've scored quite a few goals, maybe they score two and win?! 

Look , we also hit the post , had at least another two chances squandered but most of all we got in a lot of good situations where we just didn’t play the right ball or enough quality on the ball ,

not really up for an argument, im just relaying how I saw the game from the eaststand, it was one of those bloody frustrating ones rather than one of those where you sit thinking the opposition are playing better than us and it’s just a matter of time before they score 🤷🏻‍♂️

20 minutes ago, Archied said:

Look , we also hit the post , had at least another two chances squandered but most of all we got in a lot of good situations where we just didn’t play the right ball or enough quality on the ball ,

not really up for an argument, im just relaying how I saw the game from the eaststand, it was one of those bloody frustrating ones rather than one of those where you sit thinking the opposition are playing better than us and it’s just a matter of time before they score 🤷🏻‍♂️

Feel the same. We were just unlucky with occasional poor decision making by some players who lacked a little confidence (wonder why?). Plus side we didn’t really look like we’d concede anything. I didn’t go to Peterborough but it could have ended up like that on another day.

COYR 🐏

11 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Rational head on, Portsmouth and yesterday are 4 points dropped then we are 3rd on 18 points and we would be a happier camp, so not all terrible. This bring said, this season  is not an easy watch for me

...but why did we drop those points?

We manage to fluke an 86th minute lead from a penalty that shouldn't have been given, in a game where Portsmouth's attacking potency was not on display, we were looking comfortable. Warne changes it to 3 at the back and we concede an equaliser within minutes.

Against Cambridge we're crying out for someone in the middle of the pitch who can receive the ball 20-35 yards from the opposition's goal and get some shots off, in need of some subs to freshen things up from 60/65 minutes onwards. We make the subs too late, and when we do finally get Sibley on the pitch to provide that spark.... Warne changes it to 3 at the back and sticks him at LWB so we can continue endlessly crossing it into a packed box.

Whilst you can't say that we would definitely have picked up those points had we done this, that or the other, I think it's fair to say that the changes we do make don't give us the best opportunity for success. Every game where we needlessly change it to a wing back system we look worse for it, but we keep doing it.

We'd be a happier camp if the manager (sorry, head coach / coaching team) made tactical changes that helped us pick up those extra points.

Edited by Kokosnuss

12 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Every time that I have seen a club sign a lot of new players in one go, the club has struggled in the first half of the season. We were always going to be inconsistent to start with and won't properly gel until Christmas.

I'm concerned that Warne appears unable to get the team to play in the style that he describes, but I honestly think that many of his more vocal critics are being somewhat unrealistic. Warne has been hamstrung by the business plan and the need to add so many players. IMO, most managers would finding things tough.

Portsmouth seem to be doing OK. A high turnover of players, more new signings than us and under the stewardship of a manager not yet 10 months into his first job.

pmouthapps.thumb.JPG.70765b4cecc59bab544728a5d74b6120.JPG

(all comps)

2 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Portsmouth seem to be doing OK. A high turnover of players, more new signings than us and under the stewardship of a manager not yet 10 months into his first job.

pmouthapps.thumb.JPG.70765b4cecc59bab544728a5d74b6120.JPG

(all comps)

It's almost like when Warne said he couldn't find a striker that was better than what we had he was talking nonsense.

Especially when he was essentially saying "I can't find anyone better than Collins, who I dropped last season for being rubbish".

This is central to everything right now. The defence is good, the midfield now with Fornah and Bird back fit is decent... but you cannot paper over the cracks of the awful strikeforce we have.

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

It's almost like when Warne said he couldn't find a striker that was better than what we had he was talking nonsense.

Especially when he was essentially saying "I can't find anyone better than Collins, who I dropped last season for being rubbish".

This is central to everything right now. The defence is good, the midfield now with Fornah and Bird back fit is decent... but you cannot paper over the cracks of the awful strikeforce we have.

That Yengi bloke down the bottom there, Australian striker, started the season very well (4 goals in 3 appearances) but got injured. They signed him for about £75,000. It'll be interesting to see how he does when he gets back to fitness.

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

2 wins in 14 at home is amazing progression🔥

It's a piss poor record and no avoiding the fact. Where I'm coming from is that the overhauled squad looks to be finding a hard centre as opposed to the clangers every half early season.

Going forward? Patchy at best. 

Overall I'm optimistic. I still think Warne will get it right in terms of grinding out wins, which will breed confidence and better performances. 🤞

Top 6 by Christmas! 😎

Not arguing that our style of play is pleasing on the eye currently - its not, but on the other hand only 4 teams have scored more goals per game than us - one (Bolton) by 1 goal and a second (Barnsley) who manged 7 against Port Vale in the opening game of the season.

Not defending the home performances by any means but we have to face up to reality in that stability is essential - even if frustrating. A lot of the almost catastrophic mess that DCFC was faced with was down to the appointment of a succession of average managers and the subsequent "investment" in over priced players leading to a largely worthless and wholly disjointed squad. I've had 50 years of frustration so if we have to wait slightly longer, rather than risk going back to where we were 18 months ago then so be it - our day will come!!

2 hours ago, Vienna said:

Not arguing that our style of play is pleasing on the eye currently - its not, but on the other hand only 4 teams have scored more goals per game than us - one (Bolton) by 1 goal and a second (Barnsley) who manged 7 against Port Vale in the opening game of the season.

Not defending the home performances by any means but we have to face up to reality in that stability is essential - even if frustrating. A lot of the almost catastrophic mess that DCFC was faced with was down to the appointment of a succession of average managers and the subsequent "investment" in over priced players leading to a largely worthless and wholly disjointed squad. I've had 50 years of frustration so if we have to wait slightly longer, rather than risk going back to where we were 18 months ago then so be it - our day will come!!

So sack Warne and use some of the transfer budget to pay them off. Use the U21s instead of a new player or two that the transfer budget no longer covers!

2 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

That Yengi bloke down the bottom there, Australian striker, started the season very well (4 goals in 3 appearances) but got injured. They signed him for about £75,000. It'll be interesting to see how he does when he gets back to fitness.

I thought Warne was the only manager that had to contend with injuries. 

On 01/10/2023 at 12:13, Tamworthram said:

But you’re talking about your reading of the poll not the Rams fans you have spoken to. Also the poll isn’t whether we are enjoying the football or not. I’m not particularly enjoying the football at the moment but I didn’t vote for PW to be sacked either immediately or in the morning. Ask me again in a few weeks and my opinion may have changed. I’d love us to play scintillating football every week (or even occasionally would be nice) but, the priority at the moment is to get the results in order to get out of the division through promotion. Sadly, we’re get achieving either results (at home) or performances right now.

My gut feeling is that we’ll start to get the results (a view based on blind faith rather than any evidence) but I’m not sure about the good football we all want. I can live with winning ugly in the short term but not so much in future seasons.

Most footballers who have made it to at least league 1 standard can be coached to play football. 

We have footballers in the squad who have played at a high level so could play in a team that plays scintillating football. 

We don't have a manager that can do that and only have a manager that is limited in his capabilities. He's underachieved in recruiting and I can only put that down to players knowing they don't want to be in a team that is so one dimensional. A team that shows little in the way most players have been coached from an early age, and that's to play football. 

As much as I like Waggy, he should never have been brought into the team as a starting 11 player, no way. He should have been a super sub with more minutes from the bench than in the starting 11. We're having to play him from the start in every game because PW has got it wrong again in another transfer window. Would I trust him again in January? No chance, get somebody in now that can understand the team and what we need to push on in the second half of the season.

In another 5 games we're 1/3rd of the way through the season and more than likely way off top 2 - get him gone now and start again. Otherwise all the hard work during administration and after seems worthless. Attendances will dwindle and the mood around DCFC will start to turn even darker than what it is now. 

Please don't kid yourself @Tamworthramthat this is going to get better. 

2 hours ago, Vienna said:

And this should tell you that if we got the recruitment right, we'd be looking down on at least 22 other teams now. But instead, we're looking up at 11 others. 

2 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Most footballers who have made it to at least league 1 standard can be coached to play football. 

We have footballers in the squad who have played at a high level so could play in a team that plays scintillating football. 

We don't have a manager that can do that and only have a manager that is limited in his capabilities. He's underachieved in recruiting and I can only put that down to players knowing they don't want to be in a team that is so one dimensional. A team that shows little in the way most players have been coached from an early age, and that's to play football. 

As much as I like Waggy, he should never have been brought into the team as a starting 11 player, no way. He should have been a super sub with more minutes from the bench than in the starting 11. We're having to play him from the start in every game because PW has got it wrong again in another transfer window. Would I trust him again in January? No chance, get somebody in now that can understand the team and what we need to push on in the second half of the season.

In another 5 games we're 1/3rd of the way through the season and more than likely way off top 2 - get him gone now and start again. Otherwise all the hard work during administration and after seems worthless. Attendances will dwindle and the mood around DCFC will start to turn even darker than what it is now. 

Please don't kid yourself @Tamworthramthat this is going to get better. 

But apart from that 🤷🏻‍♂️