Post Cambridge Warne Out Poll

IslandExile

When should we part with Warne?  

316 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

All we know is that the owner says we have 'a good budget for League 1'. 

I'd bet really good money that our wage bill is the highest in the league, but that's by-the-by. 

We should really be in the top 2 and a play-off position for us this season is no success. It's probably acceptable, but by no means a successful season unless promoted. 

We were a lot better on Saturday, so we'll see where we go from here. The back four has made a difference, four clean sheets in four games where we have gone 4 instead of 3. We don't concede many opportunities now which is good to see.

What I will say is that the atmosphere around the club is disgusting at the moment. I feel that will be something to watch going forward, because I get the impression from the outside looking in that there is a decent size, albeit minority, that absolutely hate Paul Warne and get no pleasure in wins under him. Commercially, I think anything less than promotion this season is going to be hugely detrimental to this club because I don't think the fans have it in them to watch a Paul Warne Derby County side kick off the 24/25 season in League One. If we stay down, he has to go - otherwise you take 4-6k off the attendances right away which would be multiple millions. 

14 hours ago, sage said:

We know a little more than that.

We don't know exact figures but most of our players have played in the championship or higher directly before coming to us or played in the championship with us.

So you're saying that they were cheaper because they were on a downward trajectory and no other club wanted them?

16 hours ago, MaltRam said:

We cannot start sacking managers on the back of 4 game unbeaten streaks.

It's L1. It's a grind. We're clearly progressing. Chill your beans people.

Only Burton and Cheltenham have fewer shots on target per game than us.

Only Burton, Cheltenham and Shrewsbury have fewer shots in open play per game than us.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

So sack Warne and use some of the transfer budget to pay them off. Use the U21s instead of a new player or two that the transfer budget no longer covers!

Don’t follow U21’s closely enough but who - Robinson or Brown maybe, not much else is there currently?

19 minutes ago, Vienna said:

Don’t follow U21’s closely enough but who - Robinson or Brown maybe, not much else is there currently?

Well someone else suggested it might cost around a Barker ie £1m to sack Warne and staff. About the cost of Clarke-Harris, so instead of him there might be Brown or Weston, but as Warne didn't seem keen on many other strikers maybe a winger? I really meant that we could afford to sack Warne, as we've a bigger budget this season than last (if the comments about being surprised by last seasons finances being better than expected are anything to go on) and just be a little more frugal in our transfer budget output. 

I'm sure for the amount of playing time they might be needed there are various U21s that are good enough to play.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well someone else suggested it might cost around a Barker ie £1m to sack Warne and staff. About the cost of Clarke-Harris, so instead of him there might be Brown or Weston, but as Warne didn't seem keen on many other strikers maybe a winger? I really meant that we could afford to sack Warne, as we've a bigger budget this season than last (if the comments about being surprised by last seasons finances being better than expected are anything to go on) and just be a little more frugal in our transfer budget output. 

I'm sure for the amount of playing time they might be needed there are various U21s that are good enough to play.

Roy, when Wazza was in charge you put 5 posts a day up about how brilliant he was. Rooney said he was “Leaving us to spend more time with Coleen”. 2 weeks later he was off to the U S to manage there. Point being - we can all make mistakes about people. I respect you for your passion for DCFC , but could you be wrong about Warne ? He has a 4 year contract and can’t we give him the chance to turn it round in that time?

Hmm I never get many comments on my threads

oh yeah stick in a poll and sit back and watch the arguments

22 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

FFS these poll threads quickly get tiring.

Lets set one up to demand the sacking of the next manager after Warne.

this is why polls exist - click bait and maybe a little bit of “I can’t be the only one”

2 minutes ago, davenportram said:

this is why polls exist - click bait and maybe a little bit of “I can’t be the only one”

Polls are generally useful for enabling the silent majority to have a voice over the vocal minority.

This particular one was intended as a joke but Boycie ruined that by adding the third option. Read it without that and you may see the humour shine through.

7 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Roy, when Wazza was in charge you put 5 posts a day up about how brilliant he was. Rooney said he was “Leaving us to spend more time with Coleen”. 2 weeks later he was off to the U S to manage there. Point being - we can all make mistakes about people. I respect you for your passion for DCFC , but could you be wrong about Warne ? He has a 4 year contract and can’t we give him the chance to turn it round in that time?

Yep, you are right. When Warne turned up I listened to his interviews and read stuff about him, and thought he's got good promotion experience in this League, he could get us up. I was wrong about him.

14 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

We absolutely cannot give Warne up to four years to 'turn it around'. Warne was employed to do one job, get us promoted from League One. As has been mentioned by @Ambitious, if we are still in League One next season playing his vapid brand of nothing football then we can expect attendances to drop, which gives us less money to spend, which means more time in L1. It's a downward spiral.

Warne needs to turn things around very quickly or all he will succeed in doing is turning the biggest club currently sat in League One in to a shell of its former self destined to languish until someone decides enough is enough and gets rid of him.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We absolutely cannot give Warne up to four years to 'turn it around'. Warne was employed to do one job, get us promoted from League One. As has been mentioned by @Ambitious, if we are still in League One next season playing his vapid brand of nothing football then we can expect attendances to drop, which gives us less money to spend, which means more time in L1. It's a downward spiral.

Warne needs to turn things around very quickly or all he will succeed in doing is turning the biggest club currently sat in League One in to a shell of its former self destined to languish until someone decides enough is enough and gets rid of him.

Let’s not pretend that if we have a team that knocks the ball round and keeps possession well but doesn’t get results and promotion that the crowds won’t fall away just the same , young nige anyone 🤷🏻‍♂️

29 minutes ago, Archied said:

Let’s not pretend that if we have a team that knocks the ball round and keeps possession well but doesn’t get results and promotion that the crowds won’t fall away just the same , young nige anyone 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah but at least he left something to build on!

Is it not time to put an end to these post match in or out polls, if you're going to swing either way based on a single result? I'm not sure what to say.

There was a famous vote a few years ago, many didn't get the result they wanted and wanted to vote again until they got the result they wanted.

This kinda stinks of that now.

5 minutes ago, David said:

Is it not time to put an end to these post match in or out polls, if you're going to swing either way based on a single result? I'm not sure what to say.

There was a famous vote a few years ago, many didn't get the result they wanted and wanted to vote again until they got the result they wanted.

This kinda stinks of that now.

You started it. 

Also, who didn't get the vote they wanted?

Just now, sage said:

You started it. 

Also, who didn't get the vote they wanted?

If I have beans on toast one Monday, that doesn't mean I want beans on toast every Monday.

The poll I created had not previously been done, I chucked out a couple more to show how pathetic they are. What has followed is nothing short of embarrassing.

Weekly in out polls? Come on.

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah but at least he left something to build on!

I bet that really gave him consolation after comming in with the worst possible circumstances ( or at least we thought then 😂) and taking the time to build HIS vision and culture within the parameters set 

3 minutes ago, David said:

If I have beans on toast one Monday, that doesn't mean I want beans on toast every Monday.

The poll I created had not previously been done, I chucked out a couple more to show how pathetic they are. What has followed is nothing short of embarrassing.

Weekly in out polls? Come on.

I’m with you ,, I was still in the chair and had the post game poll starter job stolen from me 😂😂😂