Derby v Lincoln Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Listening to Sibley after and he isn't happy out wide,  Whole interview was about his best position is running from midfield and that his contribution will be more goals.

He should be played behind the striker as it suits him perfectly, he is versatile but if you want the best from him that’s where he should be.

15 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Listening to Sibley after and he isn't happy out wide,  Whole interview was about his best position is running from midfield and that his contribution will be more goals.

Sorry, couldn’t get past him using obviously every other word! 😂

Edited by DiggerB

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Passages of good play (typically the ability to retain the ball) with a shot at the end (preferably on target). Looking like the best side on the pitch.

Was just wondering as you mentioned playing against a weak Lincoln side in the same breath.

Couldn't understand how the quality of the opposition would be a hindrance to us shooting on target. 

Insipid first half against a very young Lincoln team.

Improved in the second half and 2 nice goals. Never really looked liked conceding.

Some good minutes under the belt and 4 at the back. Bradley and Elder still look ropey, but everyone else played ok or well. Periods of the second half looked like a game of football and is welcomed.

Hopefully some confidence will be gained and taken into a game against more experienced players at Carlisle.

13 minutes ago, sage said:

Insipid first half against a very young Lincoln team.

Improved in the second half and 2 nice goals. Never really looked liked conceding.

Some good minutes under the belt and 4 at the back. Bradley and Elder still look ropey, but everyone else played ok or well. Periods of the second half looked like a game of football and is welcomed.

Hopefully some confidence will be gained and taken into a game against more experienced players at Carlisle.

Everyone (in Hampshire at least) knows the atmosphere gets thicker the further north you go.

So going up to Carlisle means we'll have to boot the ball a bit harder 👍

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I know this is tongue in cheek but I also hate the idea that people can't criticise Warne without the assumption that they want him to fail.

On the contrary, I want him to prove me wrong 

Lots on here said he had already failed and wanted him gone already.

Constructive criticism is one thing downright abuse is another.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think might just get lads going as a spring board for bigger and  better things now and hopeful this will lift there confordance now see no reason why we cant get past group stages this time around and massive following upto notts county ground say another 4k up there.

4000? OMG - there was only 2700 at home tonight lol.

3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Let me be unconstructive and criticise Warne for not being very good at using players in their best position. There is plenty of evidence but I just can't see how to make this constructive criticism except that it is the truth.

I thought we played some decent football last night, even taking into account Lincoln playing quite a young team. Two really well worked goals, but even more satisfying was the style of play. Worth considering what brought about the upturn and IMO, the switch to a back four was key. I really hope we don't see the stubborn side of PW on Saturday, as it's not the first time this has happened. Any reversion to a back 3/5 will rightly have some supporters pulling their hair out! 

Likewise I thought Barks and Sibbo looked good last night and the latter especially when played in his preferred role. I do think he's the most natural goalscorer we have on our books currently, so I'm hoping that again, PW acknowledges that fact and perseveres with that set-up. He's wasted out wide, for all that if he does do a fair job there when required.

A quick shout out to young Kane Wilson. I watched his interview before the game and he seems a smart and likeable lad who appears genuinely pleased to be at the club and I thought a lot of what was good last night started with him. He looks a very useful recruit.

A decent night's work would be my summary. More of the same please chaps!

COYR

Every game casts a shadow whoever the opposition. This game, albeit against a callow Lincoln side, could be the catalyst we need to build confidence and cohesion. Amazing what some Igor type positivity can do to a side. Spurs are a good example. Last season their midfield wouldn’t take a risk, always going backwards and sideways. What a difference a Madison makes, always looking to run into space or pass forward. Wilson and Sibley are that sort of ballsy player willing to be brave with the ball.

Without Hourihane and Bird (their injuries could be a blessing in disguise) playing at exhibition pace with little of their own movement, we have been forced to pick more energetic legs in the midfield. We can build a real tempo ; it is actually easier to play with movement and crisp passing when everything is happening at speed. Always easier to row if the boat is moving quickly, always easier to hit a boundary if the bowler is quicker.

‘Meaningless’ games like this so often have a huge influence on a season as they can create the missing blueprint. A win is always a win.