Derby v Lincoln Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I enjoyed that, weirdly I think Korey Smith was my MotM. Steady influence in the middle of the park, played some nice passes, showed a bit of pace and movement at times, but more than that was his experience shining through. A couple of bits he did throughout the game that he’s clearly learned through his career, a bit of smarts like the quick freekick to Wilson late in the second half

Excellent performance with some attractive football and 2 well worked goals.

Hard to judge how strong their team was, or if they treated it like a League game (Like Barnsley in the cup last season) but some proper relationships building.is always welcome.

Can we at least try to play like that in the league now? Thanks.

Edited by Kokosnuss

Solid performance with two well worked and taken goals. Thought Sibley looked sharp despite his lack of game time, which bodes well if we give him an extended run in the team. 

Little disappointed we didn't see the young lad Brown given a run up front. Can understand him not starting but we know what Collins offers so why not give him at least a 20 mins run 2nd half? Only criticism though in what was a comfortable win in the end. 

3 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Will be interesting to see if the same people who found Rosenior's football to be "boring" would say the same thing tonight. Wasn't exactly exciting and the first half was appalling. 

Everything in perspective: how exciting can an EFL Trophy home match with a few thousand fans be? At the same time, I thought that was  easily the best football we've sustained over one match this season, but it can't mean that much because it's a lower priority game/competition. I certainly didn't think it was boring and I didn't think the first half was appalling. Appalling - really? Is there a word you can use if we play worse than in the first half and you need to describe it?

2 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Disappointed (but not shocked) that Washington came on instead of Brown and Robinson didn't get any minutes...

Agree with you on this one, particularly re Brown.

Maybe Warne was hoping Washington would get a goal for his confidence(?)

1 minute ago, DanS1992 said:

My MoM, Fornah. Got some engine, powerful lad as well. Could be just what we need.

He had a good game but a bit loose in places (also the case with Wilson, but allowing it because he got us going and looked a threat all night). Really liked the look of Fornah though - looks to have a good football brain (when not kicking the ball away)

Lincoln never really at the races and let us have plenty of the ball.

That suited Wilson, Barkz etc, and I think 4 or 5 players linked up pretty well at times. Allowed us to create a few nice moments including 2 good goals.

Very happy with a win, clean sheet and for once a few things to cheer about.

Was that Radcliffe's debut? Shame Brown didn't get a few minutes too.