Where's this new midfielder?

oldtimeram

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Or he heard Paul Warne publicly say "I've got to decide if I sign an expensive 24 year old or sign a cheap 30 year old...I don't want the 30 year old but I may have to"

The 30 year old probably thought, screw you then.

31 and a half years old

21 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Or he heard Paul Warne publicly say "I've got to decide if I sign an expensive 24 year old or sign a cheap 30 year old...I don't want the 30 year old but I may have to"

He said that? FFS 🤐

58 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It was said in a very general sense regarding the compromises that go into makeing transfers, it didn't come across as relating to any specific transfer (although granted, if you were a 30 year old player thinking about signing you take it the wrong way).

10 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It was said in a very general sense regarding the compromises that go into makeing transfers, it didn't come across as relating to any specific transfer (although granted, if you were a 30 year old player thinking about signing you take it the wrong way).

Thing is his 'honesty' is coming across now as stupidity. He seems not to know when to say nowt.

5 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Warne's latest comments propels him in to fool status. Being open and honest and having your fingers burned once, fair enough. This is about the 3rd or 4th time this window a player has done a Lord Lucan. 

Just stop making statements you can't control Paul.

Pure devils advocate: what if Warne is frustrated at the club's inability to get deals over the line, and his repeated attempts to draw attention to it are to put pressure on the people in charge of the deals to actually get bodies in the door?