Where's this new midfielder?

oldtimeram

19 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Pure devils advocate: what if Warne is frustrated at the club's inability to get deals over the line, and his repeated attempts to draw attention to it are to put pressure on the people in charge of the deals to actually get bodies in the door?

Good point but the pressure clearly isn't working because its the third or fourth time this has happened. 

A lot of people have defended the recruitment team and Warne on this matter but with 10 days left, its time to put up or shut up.

Plus surely a better way to put pressure on would be to say something like 'Yes we're closing in on a player, its with the recruitment team now to finalise the deal and work their magic. No timeframe of completion but i'd ideally want them in before saturday' therefore at least it distances himself from this mess. 

25 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Pure devils advocate: what if Warne is frustrated at the club's inability to get deals over the line, and his repeated attempts to draw attention to it are to put pressure on the people in charge of the deals to actually get bodies in the door?

How does calling out 'cheap 30 year olds', 'heads turned' etc help with 'the clubs' inability to get transfers done? 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

How does calling out 'cheap 30 year olds', 'heads turned' etc help with 'the clubs' inability to get transfers done? 

He's already outlined he ideally wants 23-28 year olds; with your rhetoric, you could argue even this brief is an affront to potential signings over the age of 30... 

When he's outlined this transfer policy, admitting that players outside this age bracket aren't ideal signings isn't the slander you're painting it out to be. He was explaining why a 30 year old may make more sense than a younger player, ironically saying the hypothetical 30 year old would be a better signing for the club than a younger one- which is a compliment... This feels like people making a mountain out of a molehill, again!

8 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Good point but the pressure clearly isn't working because its the third or fourth time this has happened. 

A lot of people have defended the recruitment team and Warne on this matter but with 10 days left, its time to put up or shut up.

Plus surely a better way to put pressure on would be to say something like 'Yes we're closing in on a player, its with the recruitment team now to finalise the deal and work their magic. No timeframe of completion but i'd ideally want them in before saturday' therefore at least it distances himself from this mess. 

That quote would be directly throwing them under the bus though, which would likely be classified as unprofessional. He's still technically being honourable by not assigning blame, but also highlighting a perceived inability of the club to close deals?

The truth is we have zero idea how much Warne is involved, and what's going on behind the scenes. The more this drags on though, the more I'm tempted to believe Warne is as frustrated at the lack of progress as the rest of us- that's been my feeling and the post-match comments at the weekend supported this, in my opinion. 

25 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

He's already outlined he ideally wants 23-28 year olds; with your rhetoric, you could argue even this brief is an affront to potential signings over the age of 30... 

When he's outlined this transfer policy, admitting that players outside this age bracket aren't ideal signings isn't the slander you're painting it out to be. He was explaining why a 30 year old may make more sense than a younger player, ironically saying the hypothetical 30 year old would be a better signing for the club than a younger one- which is a compliment... This feels like people making a mountain out of a molehill, again!

You were suggesting that Warne's inability to keep schtum was a ploy to put pressure on the recruitment team.

@YorkshireRam Pure devils advocate: what if Warne is frustrated at the club's inability to get deals over the line, and his repeated attempts to draw attention to it are to put pressure on the people in charge of the deals to actually get bodies in the door?

I asked you how did it help Warne choosing the things that he said? If your hypothesis were viable why couldn't Warne just aim his inability to keep quiet at the recruitment people rather than our current players?

7 minutes ago, TheTinMan said:

Arguably been a worse transfer window than last summer when we had a few weeks to do business. Why are we waiting until deadliine day to make loan signings? Plenty of other sides in the league have secured premier league youngsters on loan already. 

It’s ok because we are waiting for someone better like we do every window. Then we will hear things like we tried and we will go with what we’ve got bo//ocks again

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If a player chooses to not sign for a club because of what Brian, 56, living with mum and 2 cats, says on a football forum; not sure we would want hin anyway.

Silly Brian.

These players are no different to anyone else nowadays and will look at social media and other things about the club and support. 

They may well be impressed at the numbers we get, but not so happy to see the team getting booed after 2 or 3 games or the toxicity surrounding the club when things go wrong.

We are not going to make the players we sign financially secure for life like your Man city's or Chelsea,  so players at this level don't just look at the money and say stuff it.

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You were suggesting that Warne's inability to keep schtum was a ploy to put pressure on the recruitment team.

I asked you how did it help Warne choosing the things that he said? If your hypothesis were viable why couldn't Warne just aim his inability to keep quiet at the recruitment people rather than our current players?

''Inability to keep quiet'' implies this wasn't a deliberate statement, which i'm saying it might have been. A carefully-worded, targeted comment placed in the public domain to try and expedite the transfer process. 

He can't come out and say ''I'm really annoyed Mark Thomas/Stephen Pearce aren't getting deals across the line'', but if he were trying to convey that sentiment in a more tactful manner, I'd argue what he has said would fit that brief?