Where's this new midfielder?

oldtimeram

The biggest issue is the we all lack clarity and transparency on whatever is going on/ not going on. Most of us have stumped up hard earned money for a long time, for our labour of love. All we need is a little assurance. It’s called management. We deserve a little more, that’s all. From whoever, I dare say….  DC maybe?

5 hours ago, Lokidoki said:

The biggest issue is the we all lack clarity and transparency on whatever is going on/ not going on. Most of us have stumped up hard earned money for a long time, for our labour of love. All we need is a little assurance. It’s called management. We deserve a little more, that’s all. From whoever, I dare say….  DC maybe?

I am not sure we have a “right” to anything but you have a point. DC clearly isn’t going to reveal his hand as that would damage any negotiating stance but that reassurance you refer to could be given in so many ways.

The club is trading profitably, (or breaking even or losing money at an acceptable rate given the stage of rebuilding we have reached ) wages are now x percent of turnover. Income is as predicted, certain legacy liabilities have been met / not met / will be met by a certain date. It would be hugely helpful to know these basic things. 

5 hours ago, Lokidoki said:

Rubbish - you stump up your money to be admitted to the games - that’s all. Believing that ‘we deserve’ anything else is all so much entitled ballcocks….

8 hours ago, europia said:

If players based their next move on forum/social media chat they would never move club. 

Not sure about that.

Our players might leave to anywhere if they read ours! 😜

6 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Rubbish - you stump up your money to be admitted to the games - that’s all. Believing that ‘we deserve’ anything else is all so much entitled ballcocks….

Yes, as @jono said, it’s not a “right” as such… but particularly those who commit to a season ticket (effectively reducing match entry prices, I know) are making some sort of a commitment based on what they understand is going on with the club on and off the pitch. It doesn’t produce a “right” but a pragmatic approach suggests that if you want people to buy your season tickets then offering certain assurances would be prudent.

19 minutes ago, jameso said:

Yes, as @jono said, it’s not a “right” as such… but particularly those who commit to a season ticket (effectively reducing match entry prices, I know) are making some sort of a commitment based on what they understand is going on with the club on and off the pitch. It doesn’t produce a “right” but a pragmatic approach suggests that if you want people to buy your season tickets then offering certain assurances would be prudent.

You're highlighting a distinction between two groups within the fanbase - those that go regardless (because that's what supporting your team involves) and those that pick and choose based on whether they think they'll get sufficient return on their 'investment' (the group that think they 'deserve' something in return)

I've had a season ticket for the past 40 years regardless of which league we're in; who we've signed; or what is happening off the pitch - perhaps I 'deserve' a gold pillow on my seat....

3 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

You're highlighting a distinction between two groups within the fanbase - those that go regardless (because that's what supporting your team involves) and those that pick and choose based on whether they think they'll get sufficient return on their 'investment' (the group that think they 'deserve' something in return)

I've had a season ticket for the past 40 years regardless of which league we're in; who we've signed; or what is happening off the pitch - perhaps I 'deserve' a gold pillow on my seat....

It’s an entertainment business though. If you pay to go to the cinema you expect to see a decent film and be entertained , not a live stream of a funeral from the local crem.

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

Yes, I am highlighting that distinction as you say - but that is the reality of business. The fickleness of fans (Derby or otherwise) has been discussed elsewhere. Some will come along regardless because they are slaves to their hearts and DCFC already rules there. (I second your motion for a gold pillow by the way.) Others need something to sweeten the deal. Those at the top presumably realise this or would be extremely naive if they did not.

2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I don’t think your statement reflects the sentiment held with all the other supporters who completed the infamous march , in what seems an age ago. What happened to the club belongs to the supporters mantra?

I have no more sense of entitlement than I do, say, with my local council. At least they follow due process.  Perhaps my 60 years + of watching this club warrants my involvement and many I am sure, think likewise.

2 hours ago, jono said:

I am not sure we have a “right” to anything but you have a point. DC clearly isn’t going to reveal his hand as that would damage any negotiating stance but that reassurance you refer to could be given in so many ways.

The club is trading profitably, (or breaking even or losing money at an acceptable rate given the stage of rebuilding we have reached ) wages are now x percent of turnover. Income is as predicted, certain legacy liabilities have been met / not met / will be met by a certain date. It would be hugely helpful to know these basic things. 

I totally agree with you.  It’s a stakeholders statement. No entitlement,  just  an acknowledgment of the contribution made by the fans  and a view of our situation, moving forward. 

13 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

I totally agree with you.  It’s a stakeholders statement. No entitlement,  just  an acknowledgment of the contribution made by the fans  and a view of our situation, moving forward. 

Why on earth would we do that when the window is still open?

15 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

I don’t think your statement reflects the sentiment held with all the other supporters who completed the infamous march , in what seems an age ago. What happened to the club belongs to the supporters mantra?

I have no more sense of entitlement than I do, say, with my local council. At least they follow due process.  Perhaps my 60 years + of watching this club warrants my involvement and many I am sure, think likewise.

You speak in more riddles than PW 😀 What exactly is the supporters mantra? What involvement are you seeking? 

I’m with @Gaspode on this one. We pay our money and what we “deserve” is to see a game of football (the quality of the football on display may not have always been worth the entry fee but that’s another matter) and statements from the club (or manager) when they deem it appropriate. I trust DC to run the club and don’t expect a running commentary on its financial position. Equally, I don’t expect a breaking news article from the club every time we’re interested, making a bid for or have been rejected by a player. Frustrating as it is, I think we just have to accept that PW and his recruitment team are doing the best they can to find the players PW thinks we need (unless any off us want to stump up and buy the club off DC).

1 hour ago, Lokidoki said:

Would David Clowes have bought the club if there had been no march? To be fair to him - he did warn us , it could be a 4 year job to get established in the Championship. Good young players don’t want to hang around for 4 years. So get used to journeymen or we will be very disappointed.

3 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Would David Clowes have bought the club if there had been no march? To be fair to him - he did warn us , it could be a 4 year job to get established in the Championship. Good young players don’t want to hang around for 4 years. So get used to journeymen or we will be very disappointed.

Why? And even if good young players don't hang around we could try signing a few.

43 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

You speak in more riddles than PW 😀 What exactly is the supporters mantra? What involvement are you seeking? 

I’m with @Gaspode on this one. We pay our money and what we “deserve” is to see a game of football (the quality of the football on display may not have always been worth the entry fee but that’s another matter) and statements from the club (or manager) when they deem it appropriate. I trust DC to run the club and don’t expect a running commentary on its financial position. Equally, I don’t expect a breaking news article from the club every time we’re interested, making a bid for or have been rejected by a player. Frustrating as it is, I think we just have to accept that PW and his recruitment team are doing the best they can to find the players PW thinks we need (unless any off us want to stump up and buy the club off DC).

What riddles and why  the aggressive way of responding? Clearly you have jumped to a conclusion before reading a very short statement.

I think this is the very reason I don’t normally comment here. Any courteous person would just ask the questions, such as you phrased well in the second part of your sentence.  

I am  stating that we have had no clarity on our financial position, no feedback to the fans, no update on progress with EFL, and as for the “mantra”, can you  not remember all of the football is for the fans and community stuff, in the  House of Commons? Or is my memory letting me down.

For all we know  all this transfer talk could be all BS. Now I don’t want to know the ins and outs of our wheeling and dealings, just it would be a nice to know  with a statement to say , that we are, for example, not going to get trampled on by footballers agents. Hence any delay.  Instead we just get “ITK’s” drip feeding nonsense all over the place. It reads exactly the same in the DET.  Again clarity.

I would like the club to give, as I suggested, stakeholder updates as to our progress from our period of instability, I’m not asking for much and it would show that the club has the interests of the supporters community at heart. Simple really and no riddles.

3 hours ago, Gaspode said:

That's fine but equally if people pay their money presumably it's ok if the barrack the team, manager and owner because they don't like what is being served up.  I mean them expecting us to support them is equally "entitled b*******" right ?

The reality is fans aren't just paying for a product they have an attachment to their team and without that attendances would be tiny - what % of the crowd are just neutrals who think it's worth £25 to watch Warneball ?

Edited by trappatoni