Martyn Waghorn - signed a 1-year deal

trekkie_ram

Just to point out one tiny thing, but it was largely Waghorn that helped us see the best of Sibley in those first few games when Sibley looked like the next big thing. At the moment, I’m not sure how it would work but Waghorn might be the right player we need to hold up the ball, move into a space and make room for someone like Sibley to get a shot in. Could be something to keep an eye on going forward…

44 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Suspect we get a better version of Waggy than Coventry or Huddersfield did.

I understand why people have reservations about him signing, but I'd rate this one higher than I would Rhodes/Sharp signing.

Hoping you are correct Animal. I for one welcome him back and certainly agree with you that it's better than if Rhodes or Sharp join us.

Been meh about this. But just watched his interview and dont think I've ever seen such a happy signing! If happiness equates to goal contributions he'll be alright. Like the point @TuffLuff above makes about Sibley so🤞on that one. However, as a grumpy morning person Waggy and Warney would drive me over the edge. Good luck for the season Waggy

Not sure about this one to be honest, he frustrated me at times in his previous life with us.

I think he is a nice bloke, and seems to be keen to be back with us, and I wish him the best of luck and that he score p,entry of goals!

let’s hope that he doesn’t run into that post again though! 😂  Jeepers when he did that I felt physically sick, he sort of folded round it IIRC…

Not too sure about this at first but thinking about it, he does have a capability of causing chaos along the front line. Used as a first hour battering ram or a rampaging 20 minute sub, he could well play a major part in a promotion season.

Welcome home Waggy, give it everything, play with that big daft grin on your face and help the young uns out.

I expect half a dozen yellows, a proper decent red, 10 assists and 10 goals.

🐏