Martyn Waghorn - signed a 1-year deal

trekkie_ram

8 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Ironic as well that Kash gave Waghorn pelters all the time he was here on his first spell too.

I absolutely did.....

Isn't that the point though?

I've recognised,unlike some,that since his return to us,he has been playing well  and I've had to accept that I may have been wrong about him!

Maybe the current coaching team are getting the best out of his abilities,his first touch seems to be far better than it used to be.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

8 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I absolutely did.....

I've recognised,unlike some,that since his return to us,he has been playing well  and I've had to accept that I may have been wrong about him!

Maybe the current coaching team are getting the best out of his abilities,his first touch seems to be far better than it used to be.

Play the man in his best position and the results will follow, His 1st spell when playing out wide was silly...imo, As I posted in the match thread...he'll do well in division 3 he knows the 18 yard box is the business end, That cute flick out for his 2nd is proof enough for me, Now watch him miss a bagful of chances in his next game 😁 

10 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I absolutely did.....

I think the point is you came on yesterday giving it the biggun, having a shot at those who had previously had doubts about Waggy, and also ‘the Warne out supporters club’:

On 26/08/2023 at 16:13, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Sitting and sulking with the Warne out supporters club.

Once fit,Waggers was always going to be good in l1 👍

I would say given your history of posting about Waghorn in the past, you have no solid ground to have a go at others who might have doubted Waghorn’s re-signing. Equally, I have no idea why you think those who question Warne’s abilities would sulk after a very good away result. One win or loss doesn’t define Warne. One win does though raise the spirits that we could do well this season if we get organised well.

Edited by i-Ram

10 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I absolutely did.....

Please name the posters who think he hasn't been playing well in his second spell. I'll be kind and ask for 3.

200.gif

Strawman strikes again

11 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I absolutely did.....

Or maybe League One is his level. McGoldrick wasn’t prolific in his career until last year in League One. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Or maybe League One is his level. McGoldrick wasn’t prolific in his career until last year in League One. 

Nevertheless, so far a seemingly good signing by Warne, although I accept some would disagree, as is their right 😂.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

14 hours ago, sage said:

Please name the posters who think he hasn't been playing well in his second spell. I'll be kind and ask for 3.

200.gif

Strawman strikes again

Err,no.

Do your own research sage if you are that interested in the subject,I'm a busy man!

If you pay a decent wage however,I could be persuaded.

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Err,no.

Do your own research sage if you are that interested in the subject,I'm a busy man!

If you pay a decent wage however,I could be persuaded.

Ha ha I did, there is no one. I am not the one making false accusations. Build with bricks not straws. 

Edited by sage

16 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I think the point is you came on yesterday giving it the biggun, having a shot at those who had previously had doubts about Waggy, and also ‘the Warne out supporters club’:

I would say given your history of posting about Waghorn in the past, you have no solid ground to have a go at others who might have doubted Waghorn’s re-signing. Equally, I have no idea why you think those who question Warne’s abilities would sulk after a very good away result. One win or loss doesn’t define Warne. One win does though raise the spirits that we could do well this season if we get organised well.

mafs GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

On 27/07/2023 at 23:44, Ambitious said:

I don’t think there was much in terms of Waghorn and Russell, the latter just happened to play in better teams for the most part. 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player miss as many good opportunities as Russell, excellent at getting in behind but struggled in one on one situations. 

In fact, Russell only scored 4 more goals than Waghorn for Derby and he played 80 more games. Surprised me that has, to be honest.

Now Waghorn has scored more goals for Derby than Russell in 75 fewer games.. 😅