Curtis

Woodley Ram

Curtis has been a great servant of the club over the last 6 years, let's not forget that.

To end his Derby career like this, it's just hugely disappointing for everyone.

We can argue all summer over what he was doing there, end of the day it should not have been a penalty nor a red card.

Even if you give them the soft penalty, who knows what would happen with 11 men on the pitch.

It's over now though. Wish Curtis all the best in what comes next for him, be it on the pitch or in a studio.

Great guy. Massive shame.

1 minute ago, David said:

Curtis has been a great servant of the club over the last 6 years, let's not forget that.

To end his Derby career like this, it's just hugely disappointing for everyone.

We can argue all summer over what he was doing there, end of the day it should not have been a penalty nor a red card.

Even if you give them the soft penalty, who knows what would happen with 11 men on the pitch.

It's over now though. Wish Curtis all the best in what comes next for him, be it on the pitch or in a studio.

Great guy. Massive shame.

I'd give him another year, if he'll accept being backup.

He's not on massive money, and we'll need some experience, especially if Fozzy leaves as well.

Use this moment as fuel for one last dance.

Played every minute of last season, led the players through adversity, the season before he signed a waiver to allow him to be on the bench on the last day in case he was needed and put the club before himself.  But some people want to focus on a pen that, in my view wasn’t a pen.  Personally, at this level I’d give him another.

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That was his Richard Keogh moment. Horrible mistake, and a horrible way for his Derby Career to end. I’m sure he’s hurting right now

Id take keogh back if he was available 🤣

Whatever happens now and notwithstanding his stated aim to do some work with the media, I'd love to see Curtis back at the club in some form of coaching role. He's such a rarity in modern football and I think more like him are needed to guide and shape the future at a time where fans are falling out of love with game. He's as honest, loyal and intelligent a player as you could wish to meet, but also an absolute warrior without ever being outright thuggish. I've all kinds of respect for the man.

1 minute ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

A great servant for the club. Horrible mistake today but he’s been a fantastic player whatever happens. Loved having him at Derby. 

Exactly! He won't need a couple of numpties on a forum to tell him how crucial his mistake has been but he's been a credit to the Club and even more to himself.

21 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Horrible mistake, and a horrible way for his Derby Career to end. I’m sure he’s hurting right now

It was, and I'd have accepted if the striker had cracked it in the top corner, but he dived like a cheating Bamford giving Curtis no chance of redemption. Thanks Curtis, I'll aways remeber you like this