Curtis

Woodley Ram

16 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

The club should appeal against the red card for the reasons above. If overturned we could then claim is cost us a place in the play offs with the associated loss of income and potential promotion. If anything it could ramp up pressure on the EFL to relax the business plan.

Being ahead of the business plan is the best way to convince the EFL to relax it.

The sort of claim you suggest there is exactly the kind of stuff we were hammering Gibson for not long ago. Derby as a club should be better than that.

Take this one on the chin, get our heads down and graft harder next season to put ourselves out of reach of the crappy decision. Simple.

32 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Being ahead of the business plan is the best way to convince the EFL to relax it.

The sort of claim you suggest there is exactly the kind of stuff we were hammering Gibson for not long ago. Derby as a club should be better than that.

Take this one on the chin, get our heads down and graft harder next season to put ourselves out of reach of the crappy decision. Simple.

Can see your point but I’m sure Curtis would prefer to avoid a 3 game ban especially if here next season. The EFL allowed a precedent to be set with both Gibson and Couhig claims, but in this case the red card being overturned only reinforces the opinion from 90% of the pundits that he wasn’t the last man.

Sentiment should not affect decisions about playing staff. We need to get things right next season on the pitch and from what we have seen from him this season will he be up to the physical demands we expect e.g his lack of pace? We should appeal the red card for the sake of the poor refereeing and get it called out. We don't have to argue it cost us a play-off place.

2 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Can see your point but I’m sure Curtis would prefer to avoid a 3 game ban especially if here next season. The EFL allowed a precedent to be set with both Gibson and Couhig claims, but in this case the red card being overturned only reinforces the opinion from 90% of the pundits that he wasn’t the last man.

I’ve been reading the FA rules and, as far as I can see, there doesn’t seem to be any specific rule that says the player has to be last man. It looks like the ref should only take into consideration nearby defenders. The ref might that decided that having a defender on the line wasn’t good enough to avoid a red. Having said that, given it was only the slightest of touches, I don’t see how it could be argued Curtis denied him an obvious goal scoring opportunity. It wasn’t enough to cause him to fall over or even break his stride but, I guess, you’re never going to win an appeal on that basis.

Here is an extract from rule 12:

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off.

The following must be considered:

distance between the offence and the goal

general direction of the play

likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball

location and number of defenders

21 minutes ago, littleover ram said:

The whole incident came from Curtis doing a ‘no look’ back pass and then struggling to recover from there 

So he under hit a pass? Wildsmith under hit his clearance. Which of those things makes it a penalty and a red card?

44 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So, out of interest is contact a foul? The guy dropped because he'd lost the advantage and probably possession imo.

Just contact can't always be a foul. It's a contact sport after all. 

IMO he 100% hadn't lost possession. He could very easily have stayed on his feet and carried on without losing the advantage but his knees buckled (for no reason) and he collapsed to the floor (have you seen the expression on his face as he went down? You'd think he'd been kicked in the shins rather than have someone touch his upper arm).

Sadly, it's a reflection of modern football and I'm sure there are players from every club (including Derby) that will have done exactly the same.

If he doesn't stay and signs for Orient for a year, i hope that when he comes with them, he gets the best appreciative reception ever.

The man has put his body and soul on the line for the club and is the epitome of all the good things about our great club that has come from the turmoil of the past two years.

If yesterday was Curtis’ last game for the club his legacy as a Ram isn’t coloured by that one moment for me. He’s shown a level of commitment, pride and dignity throughout his time at the club. Guiding the team as captain on and off the pitch, patiently waiting for his opportunities when not in the side, playing a role in the community element, and putting his body on the line with that end of season return from injury. During a tumultuous period in the clubs history he’s been stoic and admirable throughout. 

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

Marvin Johnson needs to read that, understand exactly what it is he's done, and hang his head in shame. The diving b******.

Very much doubt that your average pro footballer would dwell on such things. 

30 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I have no idea if the club wants to keep Davies if we could but we probably should try especially as Stearman is effectively finished and Chester is simply never available and given a decent run of games is very dependable 

It's a no from me.  Too old and waning physically means he's no longer up to marking the unit with a granite head which was his stock in trade and unfortunately he looks far from dependable.  It's been that way for best part of 18 months to be honest, hence the lack of games.  Best to go out with goodwill and a good luck in his next venture outside of playing.