Curtis

Woodley Ram

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Great company indeed.

it’s unfortunate that there’s no photo of him in a great moment of triumph to hang at derby county. His guardian angel goal was an amazing day, amazing feeling, amazing photo, but ultimately, all heroic efforts on the pitch last season were for naught. There’s no image of him raising the league one play off trophy. Or scoring the goal that earned us the 3 points that kept us safe. Or the last ditch tackle. Ultimately I find the photo of that goal tinged with sadness because it wasn’t enough at the end of the season.

However, his moments of real triumph were off the pitch. In the mists of time it may be forgotten how important his captaincy was to maintain some sanity during our most difficult time, and his faultless duties as an ambassador for our cause. You can’t really quantify that with a single image. A photo of him on the phone to talk sport is not as dramatic, but is as significant as any photo of him on the pitch. 

We need a still photo of the image from the Sky broadcast of the magnificent headed equaliser in injury time in the 2-2 draw at Reading; I cannot think of a better headed goal that I have seen scored by the Rams. Hang that in Pride Park stadium because the image will say it all and he will be remembered forever. It showed guts, focus, determination, magnificent technique and sheer joy.

I've been CDs biggest fan since he joined - signed a waiver and pulled the shirt on and stuck by us in our hours (it dragged on a bit 😛) of need, but it was becoming apparent that his age had been catching up with him this season.  Kinda hoped he get another season, if only as backup and to instil what it is to be a pro to the rest of the squad, but if he can get first team football elsewhere then you can't deny him that.

Once a Ram, always a Ram n all that.  

3 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

We need a still photo of the image from the Sky broadcast of the magnificent headed equaliser in injury time in the 2-2 draw at Reading; I cannot think of a better headed goal that I have seen scored by the Rams. Hang that in Pride Park stadium because the image will say it all and he will be remembered forever. It showed guts, focus, determination, magnificent technique and sheer joy.

image.jpeg.9b3913b312152906b176a95960e4b719.jpeg

I spoke to Curtis on wembley way before our play off final against Villa

A real gentleman and took time to talk to people and thank them for there support and seemed a top top bloke

His last game where you can see him clearly say " No Way! " and astonishment expression will stay with me as his last moments in a Ram shirt and I feel sad that it ended that way, but in no way do those final moments diminish what a man and a true leader he has been for Derby County.

I wish him all the best for whatever he does next and hope to see him back one day at PP  where us fans can let him know how appreciated his efforts for the club were,  thankyou Curtis and good luck .

7 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Curtis is the Sky pundit for the Luton/Sunderland play off. Saying “Luton is a club close to his heart”. Think he will go a long way as a pundit.

And they are now going to Wembley. Which is magical for the game of football. They have players who began this journey in the National league. I am sad it wasn’t Derby’s day in 2014 but would be delighted if Luton, another club virtually crushed by the EFL manage to beat the system and raise two fingers at them.