Curtis

Woodley Ram

32 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Played every minute of last season, led the players through adversity, the season before he signed a waiver to allow him to be on the bench on the last day in case he was needed and put the club before himself.  But some people want to focus on a pen that, in my view wasn’t a pen.  Personally, at this level I’d give him another.

Agree, he was the backbone of the team last season, kept the team and the fans together. I wish him well whatever he decides to do next season.

17 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Whatever happens now and notwithstanding his stated aim to do some work with the media, I'd love to see Curtis back at the club in some form of coaching role. He's such a rarity in modern football and I think more like him are needed to guide and shape the future at a time where fans are falling out of love with game. He's as honest, loyal and intelligent a player as you could wish to meet, but also an absolute warrior without ever being outright thuggish. I've all kinds of respect for the man.

We've got one final season of RamsTV, give him a playing contract for one year, and get him on RamsTV when not needed on the pitch, to build his showreel. 

An absolute class act.

I hope he doesn’t get the Keogh or Roos treatment.

Some players just pass through, but he has really taken the club to heart. Let’s not forget how thrilled we were to see him sign a new contract last summer. He has built up that kind of connection with the club.

This season probably hasn’t gone as he would have expected, and today’s minute of madness probably underlined that.

But that doesn’t diminish years of great service. I hope he stays in the fold in some capacity. If not, he goes with nothing but complete respect and well wishes.

6 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Brilliant player, brilliant bloke, made a mistake today but who doesn’t? Always be an important part of Derby’s history and I hope this isn’t the last we see of him.

This

We've all phucked up sometime somewhere in our lives, A little more pace on the ball or a hoof it away...and who knows, Interesting that Keith Hackett said it wasn't a sending off, At the time(in the pub) I'm pointing to the covering player as the last man...then at HT we're told it's a double jeopardy rule...WTF.

Would like to see him back as a coach...but not as a player.

Thanks CD...you gave it you're best 👍

9 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

Nothing but respect for Curtis. He should be remembered for this

https://www.derbycounty.news/opinion/hero-year-extension-some-derby-fans-want-curtis-davies-signed-up-after-brave-contribution/

Not for today.

Thanks for everything Curtis. You led us through the darkest times.

We'll need experience (on and off the pitch) and depth in the squad, especially with our financial constraints. Another season please Curtis.

Great servant but His performance levels have dropped off a cliff this season time for us to move on if we have any ambitions at the top end of the league next season. The best run of the season was when Cash and Fozzy were CB in a back four if Warne was so committed to playing 3 CB he should have been braver and played Rooney.

Forget the footballer for the minute, just as a man Davies is a good one and doesn’t deserve some of the comments he’s received. A true leader at the club and I’m told the first one to greet and mentor young pros coming into the first team. Hope he stays in some sort of role With the club

Today's consequences were hugely disproportionate to Curtis' "crime", if indeed any crime was committed - which is debatable. I will always be appreciative of his professionalism and absolute class as a man in our recent troubled times.

Sir, I doff my cap to you and wish you the very best for your future. I would have no problem with you being a part of our squad next season. A classy individual.

15 hours ago, The Last Post said:

This

We've all phucked up sometime somewhere in our lives, A little more pace on the ball or a hoof it away...and who knows, Interesting that Keith Hackett said it wasn't a sending off, At the time(in the pub) I'm pointing to the covering player as the last man...then at HT we're told it's a double jeopardy rule...WTF.

Would like to see him back as a coach...but not as a player.

Thanks CD...you gave it you're best 👍

Just for info, double jeopardy rule doesn't apply unless a genuine attempt to play the ball is made, which is this case it wasn't. So no DJ in this case.

But the fact that the ball was almost in Wildsmith's hands and Cashin was covering meant was it an "obvious" goalscoring opportunity as the laws of the game state it must be. I'm not convinced it was.

46 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Just for info, double jeopardy rule doesn't apply unless a genuine attempt to play the ball is made, which is this case it wasn't. So no DJ in this case.

But the fact that the ball was almost in Wildsmith's hands and Cashin was covering meant was it an "obvious" goalscoring opportunity as the laws of the game state it must be. I'm not convinced it was.

The club should appeal against the red card for the reasons above. If overturned we could then claim is cost us a place in the play offs with the associated loss of income and potential promotion. If anything it could ramp up pressure on the EFL to relax the business plan.