Curtis

Woodley Ram

1 hour ago, simmoram1995 said:

Brilliant person, leader and character definitely not a legend as we haven’t had such successes but what we can say is he is Mr Derby County who led by example , was a rock during a difficult time he will be missed but the wages will be beneficial 

He is a legend. Ever present over an entire season,  as a captain, at 37 ! of a team battered by the authorities, bloodied, but never broken. Dignity beyond measure, leadership of the first order. He defines legend every bit a champion as any title winner. 

Wonderful servant of the club, exemplary both on and off the pitch. So sad to see him go BUT Warne has to get this window right and there’s no room for sentimentality. I feel the right decision has been made.

In 62 years of watching the Rams I saw three great captains before the Millennium - Dave Mackay, Roy McFarland and Igor Stimac.

Now I've seen a fourth - Curtis Davies. All four were great leaders. Mackay and McFarland were truly great players; Igor and Curtis were very good players. But for me Curtis stands at No. 1 as a great ambassador. In our darkest hour he stood by us, cared with us, fought for us, lead for us and not once did he let us down. He said all the right things but they were spoken from the heart and there was never any doubt that he meant them, he is a very special person who made his own indelible mark in the history of Derby County.

I feel certain that whatever direction his future career takes, he will be a huge success because he won't let it be any other way.

Best wishes Curtis and thank you.

36 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

In 62 years of watching the Rams I saw three great captains before the Millennium - Dave Mackay, Roy McFarland and Igor Stimac.

Now I've seen a fourth - Curtis Davies. All four were great leaders. Mackay and McFarland were truly great players; Igor and Curtis were very good players. But for me Curtis stands at No. 1 as a great ambassador. In our darkest hour he stood by us, cared with us, fought for us, lead for us and not once did he let us down. He said all the right things but they were spoken from the heart and there was never any doubt that he meant them, he is a very special person who made his own indelible mark in the history of Derby County.

I feel certain that whatever direction his future career takes, he will be a huge success because he won't let it be any other way.

Best wishes Curtis and thank you.

Great company indeed.

it’s unfortunate that there’s no photo of him in a great moment of triumph to hang at derby county. His guardian angel goal was an amazing day, amazing feeling, amazing photo, but ultimately, all heroic efforts on the pitch last season were for naught. There’s no image of him raising the league one play off trophy. Or scoring the goal that earned us the 3 points that kept us safe. Or the last ditch tackle. Ultimately I find the photo of that goal tinged with sadness because it wasn’t enough at the end of the season.

However, his moments of real triumph were off the pitch. In the mists of time it may be forgotten how important his captaincy was to maintain some sanity during our most difficult time, and his faultless duties as an ambassador for our cause. You can’t really quantify that with a single image. A photo of him on the phone to talk sport is not as dramatic, but is as significant as any photo of him on the pitch.