Curtis

Woodley Ram

11 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Probably the last time we will see him play on Saturday. I hope he stays in some capacity, as I feel he is one of us.

Why won't he be leading the team out at Wembley?

Edit: I chatted with him on Wembley Way when walking along to the Villa playoff match. He was full of support for the team, despite apparently having been discarded. I would love it if he had the chance to lead out a victorious Rams team at Wembley.

Edited by Carl Sagan

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Why won't he be leading the team out at Wembley?

Edit: I chatted with him on Wembley Way when walking along to the Villa playoff match. He was full of support for the team, despite apparently having been discarded. I would love it if he had the chance to lead out a victorious Rams team at Wembley.

I was trying to get through a four pack sitting by Wembley way that day. Curtis took two cans to get past me, he stopped and chatted to every fan who stopped him. He didn't need to but he had time for the fans.

10 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

I was trying to get through a four pack sitting by Wembley way that day. Curtis took two cans to get past me, he stopped and chatted to every fan who stopped him. He didn't need to but he had time for the fans.

He was at the rams 50 years since the league title evening. At the end fans were queing to have their photos taken with him and he did it willingly, what a lovely man.

On 28/04/2023 at 22:25, Foreveram said:

Always good to have a backup plan.

On 28/04/2023 at 22:20, CheshRam said:

He was on Question of Sport tonight. Looking to get into media rather than coaching?

Coaching is his backup plan. He's said a few times that he would prefer to go into media work. He has done his coaching badges though

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

Coaching is his backup plan. He's said a few times that he would prefer to go into media work. He has done his coaching badges though

Can't say that I blame him. Job security for coaches is a little uncertain to say the least whereas you can be pretty rubbish as a pundit but still keep getting work.

24 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Can't say that I blame him. Job security for coaches is a little uncertain to say the least whereas you can be pretty rubbish as a pundit but still keep getting work.

Yeh I think he would work well in the media though - talks well and whenever I see him in media stuff he seems to come across well.

7 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Well yes, the Jug eared plonker Lineker seems to have made a living from it, and he is proper s****.

His pace really has gone but he can still time a tackle and read the game. There was a brilliant one over on the east stand touchline against Burton, timed his foot in to the millimetre. I think he has another season if we stay down but fear he’d get caught too often in the Championship. 

All that said, Curtis is in my Pantheon as a great great sportsman in the full meaning of the word. You aren’t born to class. Real class is something you have from the way you conduct yourself. Curtis has class spilling out of him. Brave, decent, a leader and an example. Love him to bits. To do what he did last season, ever present at his age ? Remarkable. I would so love it if he could be part of a promotion to top off a fine career. Real men are like Curtis, he’s a knight of a player.