Referees

Seaside Ram

19 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Yes.  Drives me mad.  Make life a misery for him.  Scream in his face enough to warrant a yellow.  You'll be amazed how you get freekicks and 50/50 penalties afterwards.

Ha well I’d maybe wouldn’t get quite as far as to make their life a misery but I get your point!

What I’d maybe say is that a player, and most certainly the captain, need to be able to have an open dialogue with the ref. This is because a ref needs to be sure of his decisions and explain why he’s made said decision. Was he sure of that disallowed goal today? What did he see? He needs to be able to communicate it, if he can’t then he can’t disallow it, so you need to question him and put that thought over to them. It might even, just maybe, make them into better officials because you are asking them to take responsibility for their decisions, when you just have a bit of whinge and carry on then it’s not helping anyone.

When checking for a foul, the linesman said "No, I had eyes on the goalkeeper", the referee heard this as "it's a foul on the goalkeeper".

They've then apologised after the game for the miscommunication and said "we're still learning"... It's shocking that the referee didn't check with the linesman, why the linesman didn't then correct the referee 

14 minutes ago, Minneapolis Town Tractor said:

Actually the standard of match officiating in League One isn't the best.     We've been on the wrong end of questionable decisions often, I guess all teams in the division have at one time or another been screwed over by a wrongful call.    You can chalk it up to incompetence, inexperience or whatever.    Thing is the caliber or standard of refereeing just isn't the same as in the leagues above.    

Saw some mention of time wasting by ourselves from today also.   I think that's largely uncharacteristic of ourselves.    We don't really make a habit of it.      Guess it was a game of such magnitude, we had a  1 - 0 lead or whatever and took to what  (Derby fans) may deem 'unsportsmanlike behavior' in order to access or help a win.       I apologize on the players behalf, as before, that's not really our style.  

You were time wasting and feigning injury after 25 minutes. You had a player booked for time wasting in the first half hour of a match.

You have a better team than us yet we would have taken at least a point without Ipswich using the dark arts to the max, two players throwing themselves to the floor to kill the tempo when we were on top added to the complete and utter incompetence of the officials made a very tough game impossible.

7 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

As this is happening on a now almost match by match basis at this key stage of the season, I'll do a copy and paste job below of a comment I made last month.

After several seasons of feeling that key decisions go against us, and this affects our overall position in the league and it doesn't 'even itself out at the end of the season', that in 20/21 I kept a very nerdy spreadsheet of controversial decisions in our games, both for and against. We came out with -8 or -9 points due to these.

And I'd wager that if supporters of all the other clubs did the same for their own teams then they'd suggest they've been shafted by the officials too. 

5 minutes ago, Rampant said:

And I'd wager that if supporters of all the other clubs did the same for their own teams then they'd suggest they've been shafted by the officials too. 

I'm sure you are right, everyone thinks they are hard done by, but I've only got the evidence that for Derby this is true!

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

At least last 8 years now

So that season where we hammered Wolves 5-0, and Fulham 5-1?  The same season we beat Brighton 3-0, Blackpool 4-0, and Bolton 4-1?  Where we won 0-3 at Reading, 2-5 at Fulham in the league cup, and 0-4 at Brum?

The season where we only missed out on the Play Offs with that last day of misery at home to Reading? 

The season just after we shoulda/woulda/coulda won at Wembley?... if it wasn't for that pesky Bobby Zamora fella!

You've known all about this conspiracy since then?  You were telling us all whilst the above was happening?

How could we not have seen the signs?   Why did we not take notice!   

2 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Sometimes you just have to be honest with what you see. I see us being shafted more than is normal. I've been watching the Rams since 1970 and I have no recollection of such biased refereeing against us since the EFL decided to prosecute us because Gibson was going to sue them.

Every club, including us, always have odd decisions go against them.  We were robbed several times in big games like the European Cup Semi-Final and the FA Cup Semi-Final, the Play off Final v Leicester in 94 etc, it happens, one decision changes the possible outcome. Every team will point to one big game or decision that went against them.

The last couple of years though have been blatant in regards to referees. Its not one major decision like mentioned above, its every 50/50 seems to go the other way, it drains the spirit out of the players eventually when you know your not getting a fair go.

We do seem to get a lot of big contentious decisions going against us and have done for a while it seems 

if you just look at recent games Plymouth away - blatant dive/cheating - ref looking straight at it - ipswich- goal scored ruled out for a foul on the goalkeeper where no one is near him.

we have had a lot of extremely harsh penalties given against us this season (mainly dives) whilst we have hardly had any penalties given to us despite being fairly stonewalled 

Morecambe should put an official complaint why we were awarded 4 penalties against them because the referees refused them against everyone else. 

7 hours ago, Rampant said:

Of course. The whole world is against us. 

I'm going to leave you muppets to fan the flames of your own conspiracy infernos. 

So I get chastised for labelling this "Derby supporter" what he clearly is , yet he is ok to label everyone else a "Muppet "

Not just League One officials having a mare hey ? 😂

11 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

So if I’m reading that right… if one outfield player goes down with an injury, we just need to get another player to fake an injury at the same time and get a bit of treatment, and then both players can stay on the field?

Makes sense now why they had a couple go down at the same time

39 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Makes sense now why they had a couple go down at the same time

The added bonus is that not only does it mean both players can stay on the pitch at the same time, but it wastes even more time having two down needing treatment.

I wonder if some clubs go as far as having time wasting coaches in the same way they do for throw ins, corners etc? Certainly it helps knowing the laws inside out and using them to the team's advantage.

It's another thing to enjoy on a Saturday, watching a new aspect of time wasting and how to keep the ball dead. Stuff actual football, this is the really enjoyable stuff.

If we ever take the lead again I would like to see all 10 of our players go down simultaneously. This seems fine with officials who are happy for this to happen. I would like to see a 5 minute goal celebration followed by one player taking an additional 2 minutes to walk back to our own half. Following this of course, two players could go down with cramp whilst 8 tie their shoe laces. This is proper football. I’m really impressed by the sheer effort being put into time wasting this season. It’s what football is all about and the stuff kids dream about doing. This afternoon on Alvaston Park I can’t wait to see children feign injury just like their heroes. 

11 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Do you think, some officials have it in for us due to being a big club and in the news a lot over the last 5 to 6 seasons. With having the likes of big name managers in Lampard, Cocu and Rooney. Then all the news attention regarding being in Adminstration and close to folding. Some of these officials have this power status and get their kicks from making a controversial decisions in the matches.

Agree the reffing in League One is not a good standard and all teams will get good and bad decisions made during the season. Some will say it will even it self out over the course of the season. I'm doubting that will be the case for the Rams and thats why I have come to the conclusion that these men in black want to make a name for themselves when a big name club is on the pitch.

This is spot on imo, The Ref against Port Vale earlier in the season was taking pics from the pitch, Altho we lost he was the worst Ref I'd seen in many a year, Since been overshadowed by others.

It's their opportunity for a power trip, When they get the call from those higher up to say they are officiating DCFC at PP...you know there's a fist pump 😉 and the planning is set for their day

PWs after match interview exposed his angst at the cost of losing points or maybe having an opportunity to get back in the game, Referees what are they good for...absolutely nothing 😁

9 hours ago, Minneapolis Town Tractor said:

Actually the standard of match officiating in League One isn't the best.     We've been on the wrong end of questionable decisions often, I guess all teams in the division have at one time or another been screwed over by a wrongful call.    You can chalk it up to incompetence, inexperience or whatever.    Thing is the caliber or standard of refereeing just isn't the same as in the leagues above.    

Saw some mention of time wasting by ourselves from today also.   I think that's largely uncharacteristic of ourselves.    We don't really make a habit of it.      Guess it was a game of such magnitude, we had a  1 - 0 lead or whatever and took to what  (Derby fans) may deem 'unsportsmanlike behavior' in order to access or help a win.       I apologize on the players behalf, as before, that's not really our style.  

Must be just when you play Derby then. You were a dirty and cynical side in the first game too...

9 hours ago, Minneapolis Town Tractor said:

It wasn't just the Derby fans that deemed it unsportsman like behaviour, hence why you had 3 players booked for it, and all before 60 minutes were on the clock, it really was embarrassing.

Not just the time wasting but everything else that went with it, a disgraceful display of cheating.

Despite that I thought you were a good team, especially your 2 players in the middle of the park.

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

The last couple of years though have been blatant in regards to referees. Its not one major decision like mentioned above, its every 50/50 seems to go the other way, it drains the spirit out of the players eventually when you know your not getting a fair go.

We have a nest of Bees in our bonnet where officialdom is concerned, I agree with your since our battle with the EFL(2 years)the whole of football appears to be against us, Some feel the need to blame those that have punished us, I have no time for authority...any authority they're fecking leeches.

Believe me it's not only the players spirit that is drained...I feel cheated, I get very wound up, Emotions take over and get inside your head.

This is posted by Estinnes they're 1st post

When checking for a foul, the linesman said "No, I had eyes on the goalkeeper", the referee heard this as "it's a foul on the goalkeeper".

They've then apologised after the game for the miscommunication and said "we're still learning"... It's shocking that the referee didn't check with the linesman, why the linesman didn't then correct the referee 

Fecking Hell

Beggars belief. 
It’s plain incompetence. But we seem to be frequently on the negative end of it. So it doesn’t even out over a season. 

Penalty at Plymouth- given when clearly not a penalty

P’boro Penalty not given on White which was a penalty

…and today a phantom push on the keeper when there clearly isn’t 

Last 3 games alone potentially costs us 3-4 points. 

Even if we lose 2-1 today we stay 6th on goal difference so in it’s minimal impact it matters.