Referees

Seaside Ram

Disallowing Cash's goal utterly deflated the team today. That's not the refs fault, it's down to managing the morale of the squad, but you have to wonder if we're ever going to get a decision in our favour.

The push on Knight would have been a touch soft, but it's the type of pen that's been given against us time and time again this season. How many of us instantly waited for the whistle when Chaplin went down like he's been shot? Where was the booking?

I don't think there's a conspiracy from the EFL down, we're more than capable of sabotaging our own season, but the level of officiating is beyond abysmal.

3 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

...The push on Knight would have been a touch soft, but it's the type of pen that's been given against us time and time again this season. How many of us instantly waited for the whistle when Chaplin went down like he's been shot? Where was the booking?

I don't think there's a conspiracy from the EFL down, we're more than capable of sabotaging our own season, but the level of officiating is beyond abysmal.

Didn't think it was a push, I don't think Knight ever had the ball, their man shielded it well.

1 hour ago, nottingram said:

Going to be a hell of a score line when these decisions all even themselves out. 

No but the other team will get five men sent off in the first 5 minutes and the match will be abandoned

38 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

My husband comes to all matches and has season ticket mainly not to be abandoned but isnt a mad Derby fan. He is down to earth and laughs at our bias but keeps saying this season that an EFL or a match fixing scandal will come to light. 
I dont mind losing fair and square (well I do) but too many matches this season have been totally affected by bad officiating around inconsistencies, failing to deal with cheating (their goalie knew he wouldnt have bottle to card him again for same time-wasting today) and incorrect decisions. 

I can't believe (unless there are some very tightly packed and large brown envelopes being passed around) that referees would be in on it.

I think they really are this incompetent though, and maybe - either on instinct or because of some advice they've been given - are keen not to be seen as favouring the "big" club.

46 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

DavesaRam has been saying it for years. I don’t think there’s a conspiracy I just think that is the standard we need to get used to. No VAR to show there was no push. I feel a bit hard done how the decision is alway against us. 

There is conspiracy against us I said it for years.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but is there a rule which says that if 2 players from the same side receive treatment on the pitch at the same time that only one of them has to leave the field of play before being called back on by the referee?

11 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but is there a rule which says that if 2 players from the same side receive treatment on the pitch at the same time that only one of them has to leave the field of play before being called back on by the referee?

And on a similar note, can anybody explain why their keeper got booked for time wasting on a goal kick, when their centre half was the one with the ball at his feet waiting to take it?

20 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

The rules

Screenshot_20230401_201504_Chrome.jpg

I don't think the ref today was against us he was just a clown. 

I mean we should have been down to 10 after 2 minutes -that would have been game over. He didn't book Rooney for the pro foul, he didn't book Chaplin for the louganis. 

His mate the lino called a foul to disallow our goal from 40 yards away. He let the Ipswich time-wasting go for pretty much the entire game when it was 1-0.

Just a clown show (again).

Edited by Yani P