Morecambe (H) Sat 4th Feb

4 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Morecambe played well first half, worked hard and frustrated us. Great time to score just before half time and then again early in the second half. 

What really impressed me today was the fitness and pressing. I know Warney talks about it but we are really seeing  the benefits now. 

If we work harder than teams in this league we will beat them because of the extra class we have in Didzy, NML, Dobbins etc. Jason Knight is a cheat code, the lad from Spurs looks classy, the team spirit looks like a promotion season to me.

We will sell out every away game and average over 27,000 for the rest of the season guaranteed. The Rams are going up ?

Kudos to the Morecambe fans, never stopped singing and their "five nil down, who gives a fck, we are Morecambe and we're staying up" song was class.

I can’t wait to see the results next season, when he can give the players a full pre-season to prepare.

For the first time in decades, I wasn't back in my seat in time for the 2nd half kick off.  Just reached the internal stairs when the roar went up, so rather than going out to watch everyone celebrating, I dashed back to catch the replay on the concourse TV. 
If I'd have been on time... as I usually am... no way would Didzy have scored that second when he did!  ?

Just seen the highlights.  Couldn't tell at the time (from the other end), but Knighty's drag from right foot to left, for his goal, was pure class.  He's showing maturity beyond his years.  Marvellous!  ?

Turned to my lad around the 85th minute mark and said “You need to enjoy days like these, they don’t come long very often”.  But considering how we’re playing at the moment, we may get a couple more before the seasons out.  
A fantastic performance all round, everyone to man was top drawer.  But the standouts were The Didz-meister for obvious reasons, and Dobbin.  
Shoutout as well for Harvey White.  Looked good on the ball and his set pieces were very good.

Just a tad disappointed...we could and should have had 8, Their keeper wont play a better 2nd half than he did today, We clear one off the line and they do the same, The hattrick man should have had 4 when blazing over the bar, Morecambe as the game went on were torn to pieces, 1st half they had 7/8 behind the ball we found it a little cramped round the box, The free kick was in the same place as the one before, Excellent play with a little touch for our man to score.

2nd half literally one way traffic, Morecambe just didn't have the ability to out think, Out muscle, Out perform our fitness, We may be 2 league1 teams but today the gulf was far far to big for Morecambe to bridge.

Onwards and upwards ??

COYRs

I love this team. 5-0 and seconds on the clock and they're still chasing down and pressing. Didzy is the superstar, but Jason Knight is completely irreplaceable. I said a while back that he's suffered from not having a proper role or position, but he's come on SO much this season.

I might even say he's now a better player for us than Will Hughes was.

Like a few have said, now we have seen the highlights the Knight goal was pure class, didn’t see how simply delicious it was from the North Stand.  Such composure…

I was concerned about the balance in midfield, but Morecambe didn't expose us. Knight was everywhere, and when we have Cashin at CB we could get away with playing anyone in the middle. 

Cashin IS the balance. He steps in to win the early ball every time. He doesn't get it right every time, but Forsyth's ability to read play means he sweeps in to win the ball.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I was concerned about the balance in midfield, but Morecambe didn't expose us. Knight was everywhere, and when we have Cashin at CB we could get away with playing anyone in the middle. 

Cashin IS the balance. He steps in to win the early ball every time. He doesn't get it right every time, but Forsyth's ability to read play means he sweeps in to win the ball.

And his passing. Was obvious so many times why he plays over Davies in this team. Just even relatively simple passes that Davies simply can’t make. 

As for the balance, it wasn’t right first half. Knight was ending up in positions high and wide right which he wasn’t suited to. Luckily got the early goals second half and it was much easier from there.