Morecambe (H) Sat 4th Feb

2 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Nope just feel lucky to have witnessed that era ?

Very much so. Strangely I had just been saying to my lads during the first half how I missed us having a marauding centre half like Mark Wright bringing the ball forward down the centre when who should appear!

Loved what he said and I’m sure Cashin and Dobbin must have heard his praise as Dobbin went up through the gears and Cash started bringing the ball out more.

I’ve  got to say Cash and Fozzy are as good a pairing as I’ve seen for a long time.

11 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Bit annoyed that Dobbins effort where he made their full back look like a mug, before curling it just wide isn’t on the match highlights.  It was different gravy

Yeah. Had to find it on the full 90 on Rams tv...the spin by the touchline was jaw droppingly good. If he starts scoring and we keep a fit squad, we're going to be unstoppable. There's an amazing player in there if he gets the belief.

On 04/02/2023 at 19:45, Sparkle said:

Important goal before half time then afterwards and Morecambe gave up basically 

Our goal difference is getting better isn’t it 

Still think FGR are the worst team ever to play a league game at PP. But this lot did “Down tools” as soon as the first goal went in . I would say they had the worst captain to set foot on PP. Poor player , poor leader.But you can only beat what is put in front of you . Onwards and upwards.

On 04/02/2023 at 14:52, Carl Sagan said:

Interesting to see how Farrend Rawson does on his return to Pride Park. Is it his first game back here? Always thought he'd make a fine, goalscoring centre half. Hope he doesn't bag one today! 

Despite the goals conceded I actually thought that FR had a decent game on Saturday. A big commanding CH with decent mobility, always liked him when he was here.

Ref: The Morecambe managers 'sour-grapes' comments.

I think Derby County should put out a disclaimer before every game, over the Tannoy and in the match progamme as follows:

• No Transfers were paid for players this season, as the club is in an embargo for two seasons.
  • The maximum contract for any player is two seasons
  • The only players the club can sign are out-of-contract, or a loan, to which the club cannot pay any fees to an agent
  • The players cannot be paid more than (£12,000 per week ?)
  • And p.s. 'Our average attendance is bigger than some grounds'

Perhaps that will stop the visiting teams, managers and fans from saying how unfair that they are having to compete against such a "rich" club.

10 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Well this must be a record for us. Five players in the Team of the Week! Including a 10/10 for McGoldrick...

image.thumb.png.a0a6225a4f8572dfab8b5d0e60eee72d.png

Edit: Four for Lincoln after their 0-3 win at Accrington Stanley is mightily impressive too.

The notable one here is Roberts - a month ago few would have thought he stood a chance of making the cut. Wonder whether Warne could persuade him to stay if we go up

1 hour ago, ImARam2 said:

I think Derby County should put out a disclaimer before every game, over the Tannoy and in the match progamme as follows:

• No Transfers were paid for players this season, as the club is in an embargo for two seasons.
  • The only players the club can sign are out-of-contract, or a loan, to which the club cannot pay any fees to an agent

Perhaps that will stop the visiting teams, managers and fans from saying how unfair that they are having to compete against such a "rich" club.

Regarding attendances, it's not just some grounds we're bigger than - it's the majority. Our average attendance is the 6th highest against stadium capacities in the league. Charlton have the 6th biggest capacity at 27,111 and our average attendance is 27,156. The 6,542 we took to MK Dons is also higher than the average attendance of nine clubs in the league and only 247 off Exeter for a tenth. It's also higher than the stadium capacities at four clubs. As the song goes "Derby are massive everywhere we go...."

We're rich where it matters - our fanbase!

In fairness to some of the clubs in this division, despite our current restrictions, our wages budget far exceeds that of many clubs. The likes of Accrington are surviving on crowds about a tenth of Derby's. It makes you wonder how they can stay in business. A number of their players must be being paid not much more than the minimum wage.

3 hours ago, islandram said:

I thought their manager was very sour and a bad loser in his after match interview I agree one of penalties was harsh but it could have been 8

I thought the particular issues where he was talking out of his anorak were on the penalties and yellow card count.

On the penos, he admitted he hadn't looked at the incidents again, yet hinted darkly at a conspiracy because we'd had two penalties in each game (for me, the first was 'soft', but the defender certainly didn't play the ball, but the second was pretty routine). I suppose he could think them unlucky that 4 of our 5 penalties have come against them, but that suggests that referees hate his team more than they actually favour ours ?

On the card count, I thought the ref overall was quite lenient with his use of cards and it's not unusual for a team getting battered to commit the kind of fouls that tend to be punished with yellow cards - I thought the player who goit booked for the foul on Roberts that led to the 1st goal was unlucky, but not the others. A ratio of 6 fouls to 17 is pretty telling and I don't recall us having to make a single 'bad' or professional foul in the whole game. And if he thinks we get favourable refs, he really should watch a few more of our games!

26 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I thought the particular issues where he was talking out of his anorak were on the penalties and yellow card count.

On the penos, he admitted he hadn't looked at the incidents again, yet hinted darkly at a conspiracy because we'd had two penalties in each game (for me, the first was 'soft', but the defender certainly didn't play the ball, but the second was pretty routine). I suppose he could think them unlucky that 4 of our 5 penalties have come against them, but that suggests that referees hate his team more than they actually favour ours ?

On the card count, I thought the ref overall was quite lenient with his use of cards and it's not unusual for a team getting battered to commit the kind of fouls that tend to be punished with yellow cards - I thought the player who goit booked for the foul on Roberts that led to the 1st goal was unlucky, but not the others. A ratio of 6 fouls to 17 is pretty telling and I don't recall us having to make a single 'bad' or professional foul in the whole game. And if he thinks we get favourable refs, he really should watch a few more of our games!

Since we've been winning games, we seem to see a lot less posts about the biased refs against us. Funny that eh?!

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

In fairness to some of the clubs in this division, despite our current restrictions, our wages budget far exceeds that of many clubs. The likes of Accrington are surviving on crowds about a tenth of Derby's. It makes you wonder how they can stay in business. A number of their players must be being paid not much more than the minimum wage.

The six groundsmen walking around the pitch with pitch forks at half time always get me wondering if they are on as much money as some of the opposition players