Morecambe (H) Sat 4th Feb

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

It's a pity that the highlights also didn't show Dobbin's 'tekkers' move on the touchline that left the Morecambe RB looking in the wrong direction. He had the poor guy on toast yesterday and deserved a goal. If he starts scoring too, we'll walk into 2nd place.

Dobbin’s exhilarating runs look completely out of place in div 1. If his finish/final ball improves as much as the rest of his game has, he‘ll soon be on Dyche’s radar screen 

41 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

What about the 8-2 demolition of Spurs? Not forgetting the 5-0 v  same opponents!

Similarly, IIRC that 8-2 Spurs game was only 3-2 at half-time, so again it was the second half that was one-sided. Which wasn't good enough for the board, who sacked Dave Mackay the following week! Which worked out well...

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

It's a pity that the highlights also didn't show Dobbin's 'tekkers' move on the touchline that left the Morecambe RB looking in the wrong direction. He had the poor guy on toast yesterday and deserved a goal. If he starts scoring too, we'll walk into 2nd place.

Yeah! I completely missed that talking to the guys behind me!

1 hour ago, Patrick Rams said:

What about the 8-2 demolition of Spurs? Not forgetting the 5-0 v  same opponents!

Let’s put it this way: we have all been impressed with White’s debut, but I wonder what he would be like when there is another team on the same pitch! On Saturday when he came on it was as though Morecambe were in their coach and halfway to the M6! For the 5 - 0 Spurs did turn up, but although I was there I don’t actually remember much of the 8 - 2. I must have partaken of too much memory blocker pre-match! 

And although it is only League 1, we were awesome yesterday, and could have had 8 goals or more!

59 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Dobbin’s exhilarating runs look completely out of place in div 1. If his finish/final ball improves as much as the rest of his game has, he‘ll soon be on Dyche’s radar screen 

Genuine but random and stupid question….If we started a gofundme page to subsidise wages/ agents fees how would this sit under EFL rules ?

22 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Let’s put it this way: we have all been impressed with White’s debut, but I wonder what he would be like when there is another team on the same pitch! On Saturday when he came on it was as though Morecambe were in their coach and halfway to the M6! For the 5 - 0 Spurs did turn up, but although I was there I don’t actually remember much of the 8 - 2. I must have partaken of too much memory blocker pre-match! 

And although it is only League 1, we were awesome yesterday, and could have had 8 goals or more!

As already stated the 8-2 was 3-2 at half time, but then we had a magic spell early in the second half and scored 5 in about 15 minutes, if memory serves me well. 

Unfortunately, my lasting memory of that day was the frightening train journey back to Brum with a number of Spurs fans on the same train. It was one of the old corridor carriages and I dived into an already full compartment of middled/old aged people, much to their disgust, to pretend that I was with my family and not a Derby fan. The Spurs fans proceeded to vandalise the train, using the fire axe, I could hear the chopping of wood and the smashing of light fittings all the way back. As we approached Birmingham New Street, I jumped off a still moving train, only to be met by a number of Man U fans travelling back from a game. There was a pitched battle between the Spurs and Man U fans and somehow, I managed to escape. This was to be the incentive for me to pass my driving test shortly after and this was one of my last trips on the train.

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Only  second?

OK, I'll settle for that.

16 minutes ago, ram59 said:

As already stated the 8-2 was 3-2 at half time, but then we had a magic spell early in the second half and scored 5 in about 15 minutes, if memory serves me well. 

Unfortunately, my lasting memory of that day was the frightening train journey back to Brum with a number of Spurs fans on the same train. It was one of the old corridor carriages and I dived into an already full compartment of middled/old aged people, much to their disgust, to pretend that I was with my family and not a Derby fan. The Spurs fans proceeded to vandalise the train, using the fire axe, I could hear the chopping of wood and the smashing of light fittings all the way back. As we approached Birmingham New Street, I jumped off a still moving train, only to be met by a number of Man U fans travelling back from a game. There was a pitched battle between the Spurs and Man U fans and somehow, I managed to escape. This was to be the incentive for me to pass my driving test shortly after and this was one of my last trips on the train.

Top story. That day for me was far more genteel, though the cub scouts team I played for lost 9-2 in the morning so it was great to almost have the reverse score at the Baseball Ground. And if Pat Jennings hadn't played an absolute blinder, we would have!

3 hours ago, ossieram said:

I don't understand how we can still have nearly a full house at the end of a game where we are 1 or 2 up, but thousands of empty seats at 5-0 up!

I'd have thought people would like to stay to the end and show their appreciation. 

They don't though, do they? Even if they stay to the end they're off down the stairs without a backward glance! 

We sit on the end of a row and have to shoo them past us so we can stay behind and applaud. We are very much in a minority.

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

They don't though, do they? Even if they stay to the end they're off down the stairs without a backward glance! 

We sit on the end of a row and have to shoo them past us so we can stay behind and applaud. We are very much in a minority.

I know I dont get it at all. I know some will have work etc to rush off to though. We stay until we almost have to be dragged out! It sometimes so flat at final whistle when players come round the pitch and there's noone left. We have a 5 hour round trip and make the most of every second even if we lose

Just now, CBRammette said:

I know I dont get it at all. I know some will have work etc to rush off to though. We stay until we almost have to be dragged out! It sometimes so flat at final whistle when players come round the pitch and there's noone left. We have a 5 hour round trip and make the most of every second even if we lose

Most of the ones round us left work behind years ago! ?