Port Vale (A) Tues 24th Jan

Another stat to make tonight's comeback more impressive. On SSN, at 0-0 they said that Port Vale have not lost a game this season when they've scored first. I can't be bothered to look at how many times they've actually scored first this season, however it clearly suggests they're a well-organised, resolute team.

To be 1-0 down after 87 minutes, away at a side like Port Vale and still come away with the 3 points is an impressive achievement.

Only tuned in for the second half and was expecting the worst from all the comments - that was a mental, exciting and entertaining 45 with a deserved 3 points at the end of it. If we'd have lost that I'd have been gutted because we were doing the right things, just not finishing them off. Every team is there to be got at and love how we just go for teams even if things aren't quite coming off. We're not going to play teams off the park every game but we'll try and win the game as a minimum. It's relentless. 

Subs injected that extra bit for us. We seemed to control the game a bit better but whether that was due to them dropping off or us changing it up I don't know. 

Re: Dobbin. Two things can be right. He can be a terrible finisher and people can say so because it's the truth. But he can also have had an amazing impact that won us the game. Those two dribbles and crosses were unbelievably good. 

12 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Football is made for nights like this. Seemed like it was destined to be a bad day at the office. I am so pleased Port Vale were prevented from the double over us, that'd been hard to take to give 6 points to such a limited one dimensional team. Their gameplan was clearly to wind our players up, be in the refs ear all game trying to get players booked, waste time and generally s**thouse us. And it very, very nearly paid off for them so probably the right tactics for them.

Yes I noticed that, especially their centre half Smith trying to pick a fight with Barks

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Can you imagine paying travel money to go and watch that garbage. Sunday league quality that first half. Hopefully some one in our team will put their foot on the ball second half otherwise I will be asking for my full £10 back not just the £5. The only positive is that I am comfortably warm. 

I have decided not to claim my RAMSTV fee back, and DCFC can thank Lewes Dobbin for that as he, despite a very poor miss, lifted me out of my seat 4 times with his runs and efforts. So good to see a wide player skinning a full back, and getting a great cross over. Bloody annoying though that I spilt some beer on my blanket.