Jordan Hugill - joined Rotherham

Heisenberg

I'm only coming back here to defend Derek Hales. I prayed he was going to be a fantastic player for us and always remember the cup game against Blackpool, how he gave his all to win that game. Fans gave him a hard time here for his four goals in 23 games, £280,000 or maybe £333,333 transfer fee when all the national papers clamored for England to pick him and we went and signed him ahead of many others. He played best with a target man next to him, Flanagan was the example, we never did that. After selling him to West Ham for £110,000 he did okay for them, 10 goals in 24 games and had a career record of 187 goals in 443 games. He'd have done well if he'd had Jordan Hugill up front with him. So there you are, stop it, never mention his name again when trotting out those Billy Davies's signings and Jeff Beck. Chalk and cheese.

On 18/01/2023 at 10:08, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

It was always like playing with 10 men. I used to get that "why has he picked Bennett for the play-off final?" style feeling in my stomach every time he 'played'.

Just checked out his wiki page - allegedly only played 18 times for us yet it left a huge black hole of disappointment and resentment that's never fully healed.

Wiki page is worth a read - it cheered me up.

Had a look but got a different Derek Hales whose apparently a character in a TV show of Teenwolf.  The write up and the man do however, match up with frightening similarity

Derek possessed all of the abilities and weaknesses of a Beta werewolf until Season 4. At the end of Season 4 he develops the ability to shift into full wolf

image.thumb.png.513d304978924ec4d8dd4e51c97161e9.png

image.png.811972ea90519e3cf0de83f709a354de.png

This what he said about Norwich n Cashin....

"If it is true I'd be amazed the chief exec hasn't told me because even more so I spoke to the head of football at Norwich in the last few hours"

Why is he speaking to head of football at Norwich today? Hugill?

Hugill also fits into what Warne said about a striker he is after...in the Champ, either early or late in their career and other Champ clubs want him

Edited by DCFC1388

44 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

This what he said about Norwich n Cashin....

"If it is true I'd be amazed the chief exec hasn't told me because even more so I spoke to the head of football at Norwich in the last few hours"

Why is he speaking to head of football at Norwich today? Hugill?

Hugill also fits into what Warne said about a striker he is after...in the Champ, either early or late in their career and other Champ clubs want him

Probably because we have loaned a player from Norwich this week?

19 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

So many of those Billy Davies buys. I despised them and him for breaking up such an excellent team. As well as Fagan there was Teale, McEveley, Davies, Mears, Lewis, Earnshaw, Currie. 

But for where we were at the time, Beck was (even) worse than any of them. 

Earnshaw was such a strange one. Club record fee, barely got a start, and scored what? One goal? Didn't want to be here and the manager didn't seem to want him here. 

44 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Wonder if that frees up a loan for us for a Rotherham striker. Could see us going for Eaves.

Maybe we'll go for that Georgie Kelly who Warne signed for them last season, good size, mobile & scored plenty in the Irish leagues?

23 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Maybe we'll go for that Georgie Kelly who Warne signed for them last season, good size, mobile & scored plenty in the Irish leagues?

I did think that but he only started 1 game last season under Warne since he signed him in January, don't know what the deal is with him.