Jordan Hugill - joined Rotherham

Heisenberg

Only ever heard bad things. Described by a West Brom supporter last season as the most useless centre forward he'd ever seen play for the club and it being a complete mystery why he was getting picked ahead of others when the team needed goals (and they had someone better on the bench)

Actually that's the only thing I've ever heard, and from a West Brom fan.

He'll probably turn up here and bag 15 goals as we remain undefeated for the rest of the season and go on a 12 match winning run to close it out.

Edited by Kokosnuss

1 minute ago, Kokosnuss said:

Only ever heard bad things. Described by a West Brom supporter last season as the most useless centre forward he'd ever seen play for the club and it being a complete mystery why he was getting picked ahead of others when the team needed goals (and they had someone better on the bench)

He'll probably turn up here and bag 15 goals as we remain undefeated for the rest of the season and go on a 12 match winning run to close it out.

I just asked a Norwich fan about him and his answer

"Hugill is an absolute monster and great in the dressing room, just gutted Norwich never really gave him a chance. Reading are interested and he is definitely a championship standard player, so of Derby did get him it would be some signing"

Just now, Kokosnuss said:

He'll probably turn up here and bag 15 goals as we remain undefeated for the rest of the season and go on a 12 match winning run to close out the season.

A good egg as a person according to my carrot crunching mate. No moaning supports the squad. Career seems to have been on the decline hopefully a bit left in the tank at L1 level. Choice between relegation fight in the Champ or pushing for promotion in L1. Would give Collins some competition. 

I always thought that Hugill was a decent forward unless you wanted him to score goals! His effort and workrate are beyond question, but in my opinion, he needs 10 chances to score a goal.

We already have a couple of those but if Warne is confident that he could coach him to score 1 in every 3 or 4 chances then we'd have a top notch striker.

Hugill would be a good signing at this level, extremely accomplished striker who has the physical attributes to thrive - especially in a good team at this level.

I think it would be a good move for him to join a team where he can put together a run of games and score some goals. He's stagnated a little in the Championship, hopefully we can sell that aspect to him. 

It would be some masterstroke if we somehow managed to sign this lad. Pains me to say it, as I love Jimmy's work ethic, but he's not delivering what I had wrongly assumed he would and you'd have to think Hugill would be an absolute monster in this league. Sadly, I can't see this one happening. By the same token, how TF are Birmingham still being allowed to chase additional signings? Grrr...

Well Jordan, do you fancy

a) A chance to find some form at a lower level whilst enjoying a promotion chase with a possible trip to Wembley.

b) A move where you can enjoy the wilderness of mid table Championship. 

Or

c) We have a couple of Championship relegation battles if you fancy it?

In terms of money, you won’t be out of pocket, loan moves ensure you get every penny of your current contract.

Just now, 86 Hair Islands said:

It would be some masterstroke if we somehow managed to sign this lad. Pains me to say it, as I love Jimmy's work ethic, but he's not delivering what I had wrongly assumed he would and you'd have to think Hugill would be an absolute monster in this league. Sadly, I can't see this one happening. By the same token, how TF are Birmingham still being allowed to chase additional signings? Grrr...

My hope is that Warne is able to sell his vision to Hugill and that he sees Derby/Warne as his next destination.

Warne being a Norwich fan and well connected round that way may help us.

My mate plays bowls with Warne (or at least did), apparently he is very good at that too.

14 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

I always thought that Hugill was a decent forward unless you wanted him to score goals! His effort and workrate are beyond question, but in my opinion, he needs 10 chances to score a goal.

We already have a couple of those but if Warne is confident that he could coach him to score 1 in every 3 or 4 chances then we'd have a top notch striker.

He'll get a goal a game for us then if he comes!

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My hope is that Warne is able to sell his vision to Hugill and that he sees Derby/Warne as his next destination.

Warne being a Norwich fan and well connected round that way may help us.

My mate plays bowls with Warne (or at least did), apparently he is very good at that too.

Yep, that's the dream I guess, but wages may talk louder than any vision at this point in Jordan's career. That said, I think our style of football would suit Jordan really well based on my admittedly patchy understanding of his strengths, but then I really thought Jimmy would prosper too.  I still think Jordan would be a significant upgrade based on Jimmy's current form though and perhaps we could structure a package where bonuses based on promotion could match or better offers elsewhere, but who knows if that's even a feasible option. Might Jimmy be released to facilitate?

Fingers firmly crossed all the same.