Jordan Hugill - joined Rotherham

Heisenberg

1 hour ago, Needlesh said:

Surely more even debates if we go Manel vs Junior and Beck vs a sack of horse dung?

I loved both Manel and Junior. Just for the sheer fact 1 was spanish and the other was Brazilian with blonde hair..  don't think we'll see that again for a while lol

Beck was the most disappointing signing of TBE era. I was gutted when we signed him on transfer deadline day. Gutted.

To top it off, he was an arrogant deva off the pitch too. 

Who was that other arrogant oaf who was at Arsenal then Florist saying he was better than Ibra... Bendtner! Reminds me of him.

Hugill must have something to have got West Ham to pay £10m and Norwich £5m surely...? 

12 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

That Beck was the worst player I’ve ever seen play for Derby. Derek Hales was also a complete plonker. 

It was always like playing with 10 men. I used to get that "why has he picked Bennett for the play-off final?" style feeling in my stomach every time he 'played'.

Just checked out his wiki page - allegedly only played 18 times for us yet it left a huge black hole of disappointment and resentment that's never fully healed.

Wiki page is worth a read - it cheered me up.

1 hour ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

It was always like playing with 10 men. I used to get that "why has he picked Bennett for the play-off final?" style feeling in my stomach every time he 'played'.

Just checked out his wiki page - allegedly only played 18 times for us yet it left a huge black hole of disappointment and resentment that's never fully healed.

I realise you mean Beck, but Hales' Wikipedia page led me to this inspiring Player Profile:

Charlie Connelly on Twitter: "Derek Hales with possibly the most miserable player profile in football history, in a #cafc programme from 1979. Still my all-time favourite player, mind. https://t.co/4kd8UgYWNC" / Twitter

15 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Saw him score a last minute equaliser against the Saints at Dingly Dell in c2000.

But apart from that he was a bit hopeless ?

I was at that game too, but we left the ground on 90 Mins and heard the cheer just as we got out!!

Serves us right.

Mind you, I have to agree, Beck was dogshit!

6 hours ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

The worse thing was that the club was admitting they couldn’t get anything better than him and he cost money - you knew we were going to struggle massively to score goals 

Edited by Sparkle

3 minutes ago, Electric Ram said:

Benny Feilhaber should be added to that list. 

Feilhaber struggled to have an impact here, but far from the worse player even I've seen play for Derby. You could see he had ability, but just lacked presence on the pitch at a bad time in our history. 

Doyle is one that comes to mind immediately, who was very poor, he struggled to cut a career in the MLS. Feilhaber nearly played 50 times for the US national team and had a significant career in the MLS - at one point even came close to winning the league's POTY award. 

Claude Davis, all things considered, will probably go down as the worse player in our history (for me, at least). 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Feilhaber struggled to have an impact here, but far from the worse player even I've seen play for Derby. You could see he had ability, but just lacked presence on the pitch at a bad time in our history. 

Doyle is one that comes to mind immediately, who was very poor, he struggled to cut a career in the MLS. Feilhaber nearly played 50 times for the US national team and had a significant career in the MLS - at one point even came close to winning the league's POTY award. 

Claude Davis, all things considered, will probably go down as the worse player in our history (for me, at least). 

Andy Griffin is up there too.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

So many of those Billy Davies buys. I despised them and him for breaking up such an excellent team. As well as Fagan there was Teale, McEveley, Davies, Mears, Lewis, Earnshaw, Currie. 

But for where we were at the time, Beck was (even) worse than any of them. 

Lewis was not good but he came here at 33 from a team in League 1.  I felt he made an effort with the little he had left.  Always felt sorry for  Edworthy who was excellent till the January in 2007 then never got a game.   Mears could play but lost interest.  Rest were crap compounded by the millions spaffed by Jewell on more crap short term loans like Robert and Mills and contracts for Savage and Stubbs who were running on empty. the flogging of Oakley and Howard to fund it was a ridiculous decision.  They were crap for Leicester clearly.