Jordan Hugill - joined Rotherham

Heisenberg

Pretty poor stats for a striker so not overly bothered about this one. Had a strange career. Started late in the game (he’s now 30). 

Scored a few at Preston and was signed by West Ham where he hardly played. Norwich spent almost £5m on him and he’s not really set the world alight since. 9 goals in last 74 games. 

Works hard but not pacey and doesn’t score enough for me is my first impression 

saying that …a move to a big club in L1 with big crowds and hopefully on a promotion push may appeal to Hugill at this stage of his career and be good for both player and team 

he might end up being an astute signing who knows ?

2 hours ago, Macintosh said:

Paul Warne says one of his Derby County transfer targets has told him he wants to move to Pride Park as the Rams continue their pursuit of signings this month.

"That's what I am doing with one player at the moment and I am fighting with two other clubs to get him here. 

"In fairness, I had a text off him earlier saying that he is coming. I just need to make sure everyone dots the is and crosses the ts. I presume the player will be coming in after the weekend.

"It could be either or (loan/permanent). That's the fun part."

Sounds like Jordan Huggill to me.

It does definitely sound like a player who's in the position like Hugill in which they are out of contract in 6 months and the club he's at is happy for him to leave.

Collins had a year left at Cardiff and they agreed to let him leave so he could sign for us.

Honestly I know the 3 other teams apparently in for him are in the championship. But it shouldn't be hard to sell us as a club over any of the other 3. 

Birmingham and Rotherham are 18th and 19th in the Championship. So both in a relegation battle.

Reading can't sign anyone. They've got a 25 man squad so cannot sign anyone unless someone is sold. Then whoever signs needs to come in on the wages that are freed up. 

Also why would you want go go to Reading. One of the most irrelevant football clubs on earth.

Or come here under Warne on a promotion push infront of 25-30k fans and sold out away ends every week.

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

The same has always been said of McGoldrick To be fair 

Not strictly true though is it? I re-read the Didzy transfer thread a few days back and while a predictable few were adverse to him signing on that basis, most thought he'd be excellent and so it has proved. 

1 hour ago, admira said:

Pretty poor stats for a striker so not overly bothered about this one. Had a strange career. Started late in the game (he’s now 30). 

Scored a few at Preston and was signed by West Ham where he hardly played. Norwich spent almost £5m on him and he’s not really set the world alight since. 9 goals in last 74 games. 

not going to get anyone who's prolific are we when we cannot pay a fee if he signs lets welcome him until then why run the guy down.

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Give me a Chris Martin and David McGoldrick over a Theo Robinson or Nathan Tyson any day of the week.

Theo was alright. Only time I've seen a player see out a minute of a game lying on the floor with the ball trapped between their legs. Averaged about 1 in 3 for us over a couple of seasons as well despite limited ability.   Tyson was terminally injured but the pure distress it caused Forest when their flag waving poster boy turned down a new contract and came here was worth the wages.

4 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Tbf to Robinson, he had 0.4 goals per 90 for Derby, Martin only bettered that by 0.01 at 0.41.

Take away penalties and Robinson has 0.36 and Martin has 0.35.

Says a lot. Hero strikers across the ages need 0.5 .. Chrissy set up a lot for his runners so maybe just gets in, but we haven’t had a real goal god for a very long time I reckon

27 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Theo was alright. Only time I've seen a player see out a minute of a game lying on the floor with the ball trapped between their legs. Averaged about 1 in 3 for us over a couple of seasons as well despite limited ability.   Tyson was terminally injured but the pure distress it caused Forest when their flag waving poster boy turned down a new contract and came here was worth the wages.

I agree regarding Theo, not so much regarding Tyson. 

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Robinson:

image.thumb.png.36f220548af5695c41c6e8b72b784cac.png

Martin:

image.thumb.png.57986219168c41bd8029b028a345245c.png

It's not that simple, is it? 20 goals in 80 games sure, but he played the equivalent of 49.8 games. Would you say Osula PLAYED 16 league games this season? No, you wouldn't, because he only started 3 league games and played the equivalent of 5 90's. 

Theo Robinson's stats aren't that bad and he was better than people made out.

image.thumb.png.2e6e3952a5a2987d351709c1e551b234.png