Liverpool v Derby (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

16 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

Is this the issue? From their reaction I thought we must have done something out of order

Derby fans singing god save the king.
Well Kelleher saves pens you utter gobshites. Sing that.

It seems we had the temerity to not take too may risks with expansive football, against a frontline that cost 140 million pounds with two midfielders at fullback and a 35 year old with two stuck together knees at centre half.  And our goalie moved off his line for a penalty which means we deserve to go bust for cheating.  At least we've never had one that was involved in a betting ring.  So I think we win that one. 

13 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

So funny getting that agitated by a mainly scratched together team who I'm surprised could get 9 on the bench! The vitriol towards Wildsmith funniest of all! Our whole club and ground plus £20m change cost less than just Nunez. Just think of that. 
Anyway well done Derby - every single player on the pitch plus the staff. Had a sinking feeling all day as the glory hunting Liverpool fans came out of the drain at work. Not the night for the usual very personal criticism of some of the young lads.
Very proud tonight and yet again thanks David Clowes

Rather have the vitriol than patronising comments if we had been plucky little Shrewsbury. Must have hit a nerve!

9 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

Absolutely abysmal coverage on ITV highlights. 2 mins, one NML cross and the pens. Proud of that performance tonight but glad we bow out at this stage to focus on the league.

Yes perfect end really. Injection of funds. No new injuries hopefully. Bow out with heads high. Squad not big enough for big cup runs - FACup will do! Most got a little run out at Anfield. Those questioning penalty takers perhaps they stepped forward, perhaps they had highest success rates in training, perhaps they agreed who would take collectively and imagine if Everton loanee Dobbin had scored the winning penalty. With it being such a lottery perhaps that possibility was the deciding factor. Who knows and who cares

Being a derby fan and an England fan is a special kind of self harm. 

‘we fight to the end’ it is true, we show guts and spirit and should be proud. But the end always seems to see us eventually losing. Like rocky balboa in rocky 1. It would be nice to fight to the end and actually win for once (like rocky balboa in rocky 2). 

4 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

‘we fight to the end’ it is true, we show guts and spirit and should be proud. But the end always seems to see us eventually losing. Like rocky balboa in rocky 1. It would be nice to fight to the end and actually win for once (like rocky balboa in rocky 2). 

We win plenty. There was a danger we’d get tonked tonight and that it would damage confidence. Danger averted. An evening to be proud 

22 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

So we need to defeat Mr T and then end communism? I think 4 is the last Rocky film i saw.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

So we need to defeat Mr T and then end communism? I think 4 is the last Rocky film i saw.

Beats his feckless ungrateful student in the 5th one (when are we playing burton?), and then gets old and comes back to beat the new champ in the last one (when are we playing Man City?)

6 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

We win plenty. There was a danger we’d get tonked tonight and that it would damage confidence. Danger averted. An evening to be proud 

Yes, was my fear too but that will have done everyone a power of good, including Warne himself and his standing with the players. We drew in a hugely challenging football game. That we lost what is effectively the toss of coin, isn’t that important.

Not read all the thread so sorry if someone else has said this, but there's only 2 places you should be aiming with a penalty, right in the bottom corner or above shoulder height in the top corner, the latter gives more of a target to aim at in my opinion.

Not knocking any individuals though, because on a massive night they all volunteered to take one of the 5, and if there were more than 5 willing to do it, the order would be based on what the coaches had seen on the training pitch, so can't say "Roberts and Knight should have took them..... because we all know they obviously would be brilliant of course!"

Edited by Rich84
Spelling

Derby player ratings

GK: Joseph Wildsmith (9), RB: Korey Smith (7), CB: Eiran Cashin (8), CB: Craig Forsyth (8), LB: Haydon Roberts (7), RM: Nathaniel Mendez-Laing (7), CM: Max Bird (7), CM: Conor Hourihane (7), LM: Louie Sibley (7), ST: James Collins (6), ST: William Osula (6)

Subs: David McGoldrick (6), Lewis Dobbin (6), Liam Thompson (7), Jason Knight (N/A), Jake Rooney (N/A)

8 hours ago, cosmic said:

“Wouldn't be disappointed if Derby went out of business. Their fans are c*nts.”

Diddums. 

Aww they’re upset that little old League 1 Derby didn’t follow the script and allow them to batter us. In a season where the Carabao Cup is probably the only thing the Scousers have a realistic chance of winning because they are so s*** it really was selfish of us to take them to pens.