Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

Very strange. I think he's done a decent job. If Warne is available, obviously you can't look past a manager with such a proven track record of getting a team promoted, but it's tough on Liam. 

If Liam wanted to take a step back and does want to stay at the club then that's another thing. We can only be very grateful for his service to our club during these most tumultuous of times. I honestly just want the best for him and his career at this stage, maybe this will prove to be it? I don't know. 

How we go about getting Warne from Rotherham is a completely different story, but I'm sure we don't make this move without some form of deal in place.  

Warne also seems like a bit of an accident waiting to happen.

Zero goodwill with Derby fans, only ever had one job where he seems to be good in one league and very limited in the league above. Style of play always struck me as quite Rowett-y and probably more suited to a smaller underdog style club.

I suppose the international break was the time to do this if true but still shocking ....and have we got Warne lined up ? seems difficult to believe , is he even a good choice as Rotherham don't play the most attractive football shall we say certainly not possesion based so would be a strange choice 

Very odd, Rosenior was doing well enough to think that you'd only replace him if you could get a top name with a proven track record.

Paul Warne, in my opinion doesnt appear to be a step up, more of a step sideways, but I guess until we get more information, we'll just have to trust that the people in charge have a plan.

8 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Warne also seems like a bit of an accident waiting to happen.

Zero goodwill with Derby fans, only ever had one job where he seems to be good in one league and very limited in the league above. Style of play always struck me as quite Rowett-y and probably more suited to a smaller underdog style club.

His style of football has got Rotherham promoted and 8th in the championship.

Do you like us going away thinking we played some nice stuff but didn't score?

We haven't got time to worry about style of football right now. We need winning football.

2 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

Very odd, Rosenior was doing well enough to think that you'd only replace him if you could get a top name with a proven track record.

Paul Warne, in my opinion doesnt appear to be a step up, more of a step sideways, but I guess until we get more information, we'll just have to trust that the people in charge have a plan.

Sorry mate. Whilst I honestly don't know if Paul Warne will be a success or not.

He's won promotion from this league 3 times and currently has Rotherham sat 8th in the Championship.

To say it's a sideways step from Rosenior is madness.