Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

11 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Just for the record, excluding the manager we had during the Second World War, Liam leaves us as the highest win % record of any manager we've had.

Yet some people think he's not good enough...

Is this a joke? We're in League one for starters, so you'd expect us to win most games. And how big is the sample size? 10 games?

Not against this to be honest. Really didn’t see the way we play away being enough to get us promoted this or any season. It’s too pretty but toothless at the same time.

feel for a new manager having no right back until January.

think it may improve some of our players, bird for example needs to find a way to toughen up and get involved in games more. Will be interesting.

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

Is that the Rotherham that currently sit 8th, one point off 5th place, with a game in hand over all those around them? ?

And still with 30+ games to go, yes, that's them. 

You're not a secret Forest fan are you that think the leagues finished by the end of September?? 

Not impressed by the idea of Warne. He might ‘know’ League One but he sure as hell doesn’t know the Championship otherwise he wouldn’t keep taking Rotherham back down every time they get promoted. It strikes me that he’s just another meat and potatoes manager - if he was that good someone else would have come in for him by now. We should have given LR till the end of the year at least.

Edited by Jayram

Bear in mind that Liam Rosenior was always going to be "on the coaching staff". That's what his contract says. For now, he is not interim manager.

A further discussion will follow on whether he stays. If Paul Warne has no use for him, he will get paid off. If we want to keep him, then we will. If we want to keep him but he doesn't want to stay, he will have to resign

He was on secondment as interim manager. Now he is back in his old job...for now...

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

On the Rotherham forum they say he's bringing his backroom staff with him. As you would expect.

If we're unable to pay transfers fees for players, I am surprised the EFL would allow us to pay compensation for a new manager - and his staff.

According to Nixon ( pinch of salt required ) a while back  Managerial compo not a problem under the deal. 

3 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Really don't understand the meltdown going on here. From the tone you'd think we'd just sacked Brian Clough rather than choosing not to make permanent an interim manager who has done an OK job.

Ok job ? Where did you expect us to be after 9 games?

8 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Just for the record, excluding the manager we had during the Second World War, Liam leaves us as the highest win % record of any manager we've had.

Yet some people think he's not good enough...

What about Chris Hutchins and David Hutchins though? both 100% ?

Seriously though, 12 games isn't really enough games for a historic comparison to previous managers.

For the record, 12 games doesn't feel long enough to consider him not suitable/good enough either but, I didn't buy the club and I respect DC's decision.

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Warne’s comments at the end of the 2020/21 season showed him to be an absolute tool. 

he has a lot to do to live that down. 

I was thinking that too, it certainly won't help him win the fans over.

Maybe that's a sign that it's a hard headed, well thought out business decision though? 

I wouldn't have done it, lots of others on here wouldn't either, but maybe DC has his big boy pants on and is doing what he feels as an owner, rather than a fan?

2 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Really don't understand the meltdown going on here. From the tone you'd think we'd just sacked Brian Clough rather than choosing not to make permanent an interim manager who has done an OK job.

Yeah, and we’ve decided our players are not suited to any other style than roseniors.

only cashin of our centre backs is decent with the ball, rest are pretty traditional defenders. Same with Roberts and fozzy.

midfield wise, bird and hourihane are quite pretty footballers. Maybe only one of them plays. That’s what all fans had seemed to want anyway lately. Knight and smith seem high energy and neat footballers.

Wingers, barkhuizen and nml are all pace and direct. Think warne would love them. Dobbin an option to freshen it up.

sibley needs to find a position, has had long enough to do it. Maybe a 10 or second striker.

mcgoldrick and Collins be fine as well. Osula is huge so can play more direct.

of the whole squad I’d think bird and sibley the ones who perhaps will have to adapt the most. And not sure that’s a bad thing, for them and us.