Lincoln v Derby (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That was the one were the team who weren't in our league when we broke a 'retrospective' rule made up after the event, got themselves relegated by allowing Wisdom to score  his only goal in 6 years in injury time .  Then they asked for a pay out.  Need to beat those c*** wombles. 

I felt embarrassed to have won that game, wouldn't if it happened again though against them!

15 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Have to agree and really if we look back to the start of Rooney and roseniors reign,we are suffering from many of the same issues as then...the common denominator sadly being Liam.

I feared when he became interim coach that little other than the playing personnel would change and it appears to be the case.

Liam would no doubt trounce anyone on football manager (pc,ps or Xbox!) but he's struggling in real life at this stage in his career.

It does seem that they just took Cocu's template and traced it in crayon.  Maybe try something different after 3 and half years. 

23 minutes ago, Tombo said:

It wasn't about questioning your understanding of the game, so no disrespect to you meant on that front, whatever level you played at or even if you hadn't.

The charge is more levelled at what I saw as a lazy criticism that I see often which lends no credibility to the points one makes, even if they are well founded. I'm a stickler for proper analysis, not just scratching the surface. Anybody can look at a losing result and say "the tactics are wrong" - well duh! Explain further then! Therefore I welcome anything you'd like to add.

Totally agree on the Plymouth game, but we somehow got to that stage, so we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater and disregard how that happened. And also up until then having won all 3 home games.

Apologies for the length again, I do tend to go on a bit when it comes to DCFC

No. You clearly said “…or even if you know what you’re talking about” @Tombo so you can’t unsay it. As I previously wrote I’ll get back to you on the rest. You won’t be able to wriggle off the hook I’m afraid though. 

the reality is setting in now, and Lincoln wont be challenging either.

When the takeover happened I was delighted the club was saved and expected a tough season at this level with a limited squad avalible. But clowes has given LR everything he could have dreamt when that takeover happened, he has brought in players that are a quality above this level but my fears about the age profile of the squad not being quite right are looking true with their being too many ageing players and not enough legs to suppliment them. So it is s*** or bust season and if LR cant get the best out of these players then get somebody that can. we simply have to be able to score goals & we havent done that for years now.

my worry is we look too easy to play against and the longer the season goes on the easier it will get for the opposition playing this way.

i would bet any money the majority of our budget is tied up in certain ageing players, with them here it gives us no movement in the market to build a long term squad. it just felt wrong in the summer and i am slightly worried that league one wont be a quick fix.

we cant say we werent warned about this division

Come back Wazza, all is forgiven. Waz used to talk about intensity, and tempo and intensity is what’s missing. In possession, it’s like we are in some s*** exhibition match, with the likes of Bird and Hourihane constantly slowing it down to have a breather. We should be catching teams on the break away from home, but if Bird insists on simple sideways passes rather than hitting a moving target (does Collins move ?) going forwards, then don’t expect to see an away goal anytime soon.

it’s straight out of the technocrats coaching manual with possession b*******. We’re starting to look like a home for washed up Irishmen.

Poor nights work from all involved. Outworked, outran, out jumped, out tackled... etc. Until we start matching teams' effort there will be no bouncing back to the Championship any time soon. 

Too many nothing performances from Bird and Hourihane now, time for JK to slot in the middle and find another RB. It's a shame to see two talented players get dominated every week by less talented players but they've got to start earning the right to play. 

I doubt it'll be back to the drawing board just yet but LR needs to change it up a bit.. performances are going in the wrong direction. 

8 games in, 2 months ago had 5 players, can’t pay transfer fees therefore relying on over 30s and kids some of whom might be future higher level players but have never played senior football because we can’t spend loan fees. Playing against teams at the top who are established, having been through a degree of pain to get there. 

Im hoping the negativity is driven by the heat of the moment after two back to back bad performances and people will be more rational in the morning. The level of transition and upheaval has been massive we were never going to be walking the league destroying teams at this stage.

If we’re here in another month after another bunch of bad results and performances I might change my view. I’m prepared to give it more time with Liam that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be held to account but it’s easy to put the blame entirely at his door, some players have been poor these couple of games. Bird in particular, can blame tactics or say to Max if you’re going to be a marked man you have to find a way to cope with it, that’s what you need to do if you’re going to play at a much higher level which most think he can. 

This is not the time to rip up everything and get a dinosaur (an experienced head) in. The teams leading the way currently in league one are managed by young progressive coaches who have been given time to mould their teams!! Well guess what we have a young progressive coach who hasn’t been given time (do not say he’s been here 3 years the squad is TOTALLY different) 

That was bloody awful on many levels. The striker is anonymous, the midfield one paced, the best player out of position, the whole less than the sum of it's parts.

Needed a good deadline day and didn't get it. First sign of LR showing some stress too.

Worried it'll get nasty if we don't pick up against that Couhig Bamford's mob.

Time to pull together, and give the lads every support.

I wasn’t convinced by the first offside decision. It looked tight.

But the second one looks like NML is at least a yard onside.

Considering the Plymouth goal was at least a yard offside, we’ve had some pretty rough decisions go against us the past two games.

That said, we’re underperforming and getting worse. We were desperately unlucky to have not picked up better results at Charlton and Shrews, but tonight we were poor.

6 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Are there any right backs out there still available on a free? Because surely it's worth a punt?

It's never been because Knight can't play there. It's because what we miss from Knight in midfield is so evident to everyone expect Rosenior 

There’s a young kid from Man City academy no less, looked good in cup games, wonder if taking a punt on him in league games, in his natural position, allowing Knight to play in his natural position, might just work.

Sounds all a bit Football Manager to suggest it, but I don’t know, go figure why a top coach like Liam, can’t see the logic of that thought and give it a go.

8 hours ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

Love the positivity

Cheers.
Maybe a tad easier for me at the moment, to be fair, as I’m soaking up some sunshine!  I missed the Plymouth collapse, only logged in to these pages at HT last night, and will also miss Saturday’s game as I drive back in to Blighty. But I haven’t put all my eggs in the promotion basket, and unlike some, I still remain aware… and grateful… that my club survived a recent brush with death. 
There are probably tens of thousands of football clubs in The UK alone. Mine is currently in the top 70, and for most of my life have been top 40… and even top one, at one stage. I chose my club well. 
There’s a lot to remain positive about, but sometimes, some folk need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. 

#Long live The Rams ??

Thought i would sleep on it before commenting on another inept performance 

LR is going to have to switch himself on and quick there are already rumblings on this forum for him to go and i can see why,its glaringly obvious his tactics in this league aint going to cut it again last night we got caught out messing around at the back which led to a goal.

Lets be having it right we have not played any of the so called better teams yet away apart from maybe Charlton and we have yet to register a goal this is not acceptable at any level,things have to change and quick

For me we either play the young lad at right back and move Knight into midfield or play the central defenders and have five across the middle which would also help Collins out having some one at the side of him

Not yet pressed the panic button but two or three more of these performances in the next few games might be the end of LR,we were fortunate to turn the Peterborough game around in the last couple of minutes because if we hadnt we would be overtiring above the bottom 4,Yes you can argue we are still in sight of the play off positions but lets not kid ourselves with that one, performances have been pretty average even when we scrapped wins at home.

The only other observation you could possibly make is since the transfer window closed we have played two and lost them both which may seem some players have took there foot of the pedal,this however is were LR needs to step up to the plate and stop being nicey nicey 

8 hours ago, Brammie Steve said:

Oh well,  least we still have a team to support.

Also:- after 8 games we have as many points as we got altogether in 2007-08 season.

Accentuate the positive!

I remember people trotting out the same kind of comparison about Farke and Cocu and saying how Farke struggled in his first season and then they won the league so we have to give PC time. 

Nothing wrong with possesion football if there's an end result and there isn't and we don't score enough goals 

Cashin seems to evade criticism but he's been poor lately and needs dropping, yes he makes some good blocks but he has no pace and his header last night for the second was poor as well as getting beaten easily for Plymouth goal with Davies and Cash we play so deep and with a bit more pace in Central defence we could push up more and condense the play in  the oppositions half

Knight has to play in central Mid and Bird needs leaving out for a while, also I really don't see why we brought in a total rookie in Ossula ? and not getting a RB in seems crazy

There must've been better options than Ossula surely as goals are a massive problem for us , team needs a shake up and if possible I'd go with this team next time 

wildsmith, smith,davies,chester,roberts,knight,hourihane,rooney,barks,collins.NML